Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Wiring - EFI to Carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring - EFI to Carb

Taking my 02 SS that was formally EFI to a blow-thru setup. Just tired of dealing with tuning issues and blow-thru's seem to work pretty well.

I am no fan of wiring, it can make or break a car if not done properly. Currenly I have the motor out of the car and the new is in process. Curious what initial steps most take when trying to reduce the wiring harness to JUST whats needed to run a carb setup (6LS MSD box going to be used)

Goal:
Greatly reduce stock wiring and costs by not having to buy ALL new gauges. Using the stock gauge cluster is preferred

Maintain headlights, taillights, and turn signals
Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

From the top of my head, i think that the tach is the only thing that will not be able to be used. Everything else should be fine. I have removed wired and capped them off as low into a harness as possible to clean them up and i have also torn the harness apart and completely removed the unneeded wires, the ladder of the two is the cleanest.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

anyone have a wiring diagram? been wondering bout this myself.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Teching In

subscribed.... I will be doing this very soon.

I'm also interested in wiring with all new gauges.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Id like to use the stock gauges to help save a few bucks. If Im thinking right I can remove the dash and everything but the leads coming from the guage panel, well and the headlight/turnsignal also as I want to keep those too.

Im thinking I will be running this box:

MSD 6LS Ignition Controller for LS1/LS6 (24 tooth crank trigger) Engines - the coils, crank sensor, MAP sensor and the cam sensor are only needed for this boxWiring harness needed to convert the EFI harness to work with MSD 6110If Im thinking correctly, I should be able to build the engine bay wiring to accomodate this box...removing pretty much everything else except for headlights, battery, and whats needed to run the box..

The fuse box in these LS cars is an eye sore...thats my next concern is how to handle the fuse box. Thanks for any suggestions on this wiring stuff.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Launching!

My wiring (that is still in process) is down to the bare essentials.. I gutted an started from scratch using only the pigtails from the chassis lights, MUCH cleaner than reusing the factory stuff IMO. My car is a bit of a racer than dd but even if it weren't I'd still re-do everything
Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Teching In

How about wiring up a 4l60E on my carbed ls1? I am planning to get the FAST ez tcu. What wires can I remove from the harness to use the bare minimum and needed wires?? Thanks for any input !!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outlaw666
My wiring (that is still in process) is down to the bare essentials.. I gutted an started from scratch using only the pigtails from the chassis lights, MUCH cleaner than reusing the factory stuff IMO. My car is a bit of a racer than dd but even if it weren't I'd still re-do everything
This is what Id like to do, can you offer a few tips on how to isolate the chassis wiring as well as how the fuse box would be handled?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

I was looking into doing this cause im converting my 02 Silverado to a blow thru carb and using the little black box to control the trans and just trimming my factory harness to keep my factory gauges, headlights, turn signals, and all other necessary lights but have nothing else ran by the computer. im glad to hear others have done this

Quick Reply: Wiring - EFI to Carb