Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Strip run coming soon...Guesses? Vids inside !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The 26th is the scheduled surgery date. I don't know what time of day and wont know till Tuesday around 4 pm. Just have to be sitting on go, waiting for the call.
Funny thing, me and my son were talking about the runs today and he said it would have really lost traction, if the sway bar was hooked up. That got me thinking that it may have hooked better with the bar. It would have allowed the springs to reach full extension, BUT not nearly as quickly as with it disconnected. It drove so good without the bar hooked up that we just drove it over there loose. I did have the links in the floor board and a couple 9/16 wrenches. That's got me wondering now?
Oh and the brake prop valve worked great ! On the first run, I got the tires moist and nailed first , shifted straight to second ( dang shifter shifted that time, go figure!)and set it against the rev limiter and feathered it back and forth till you couldn't see the back of the car. All while just barely holding the brakes. That's the first time I actually accomplished a burn out with this car! Big brakes on the back of a car make burnouts near impossible, but dialing the back brakes down 60% works like a charm! I even ran down the track without dialing the back brakes back in, and it stopped more than good enough for a drag strip shut down lane. At least one of the things I did made a difference, LOL.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts

Speed bug almost always wins once someone tries out a drag strip run
Its right up there with sex

I think you may have also over heated the tires during the burnout. Drag radials usually work best with a 2-3 second burn out, once you see smoke, roll off the brake, and you'll feel the grab/chirp.....sometimes even pulling the RPMs down in the process.
There's a fine line on how fast the front end comes up (transferring weight) and rear traction.
You'll get there
Old 02-23-2014, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I down loaded the 2 vids my son made yesterday. looking at my first run, when the shifter malfunctioned, I think it did pull the wheels a couple inches before the tires let go. Tell me what yall think?
The second vid was the 11.69 pass. You can see when I got all the way into it. I didn't even stall it on this pass. Just left like I was pulling away from a stop sign, then eased all the way in around 40ft.
I just thought that showing the first pass might shed some light on what the suspension is doing. Feel free to make any comment you all would like. You wont hurt my feelings, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpcAk...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by newschool72; 02-24-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Strip run coming soon...Guesses? Vids inside !!