Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Halo headlight guys.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo headlight guys.

I just got a pair of halo headlights but am having a hard time figuring out how to hook up the halo light itself, it says to put the red wire to the positive side of the side marker lights and the white to the negative. Now did you guys just splice the wire or how did you do this?
Thanks
Nick
Old 10-20-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Halo headlight guys.

I just ran them to a switch inside the car...I didnt splice them into the DRL's
Old 10-21-2003, 06:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds like a pretty good idea, also how do you guys keep the headlights from coming on automatically at night as soon as you start the car. I've seen pics of a car with these lights where they just have the halo's on at night. Is there some fuze that you can pull to turn that off or what? thanks for the input.
Nick
Old 10-21-2003, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

How good do the halo headlights work? What benefits do they offer? I know they look badass, but wondered if they provided any benefit over regular headlights.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well for one, I had to replace mine. Stock replacements were 250 a piece, these were less than 200 a pair shipped. Plus they look awesome, and are pretty bright, but I think I'm going to try xenon bulbs and see how that works in them. One thing is that they are sort of a pain in the *** to adjust. Other than that, and the whole thing with the halo wiring no problems.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 98 Likes on 77 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Where did you get them? TIA.....
Old 10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got my local stereo Place to find them. SOUNDSATIONS. but u can find them on ebay for around $180. lol as far as light not coming on at night pull ur ebrake up ONE click.then crank the car. Benifits...well my headlights seem brighter than they were. and I wanted something aftermarket. something with a little spice to it also the BLACK halos on my BLACK car make it look mean as hell. so far the only problem I have found is at night when my lights are on moisture from somewhere gets around the bright light area. Didnt have the problem tonight but it's not really a problem cause it all burns out after about 25 seconds of turning the brights on. thanks people. Justin
Old 10-22-2003, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got mine off e-bay. They work great, just still can't get the damned halo to work Starting to get a little frustrated. How exactly did you hook this up with the switch? Where did you get power from, what did you use for ground, etc.
Thanks for the help.
Nick
Old 10-22-2003, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody else have a way they did there's?
Old 10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Run two two terminals from the headlight down to the foglight wiring. Make sure not to splice in directly, or else you won't be able to remove the headlight completely in the future.

I used a couple weatherproof connectors from Pep Boys that were designed for headlights anyway.

This way, the halo turns on when the foglights are on.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still not understanding how you hooked into it. The connections look like they are solid to me.
What I have so far is I took some speaker wire and hooked both halo lights together. Hooked the white ones together and the red ones together, then took and ran two strand wire, hooked one to each, and ran that through the firewall and into the car. Now the problem comes, where to get power from and how to hook up the switch. I have a fan switch, and tried to hook it to that just to see if I could get it to work, but for some reason, the only time it would work was when the fans were off, so I thought I had it hooked up backwards or something, but when I flipped them it didn't work at all. So that pretty much defeated the purpose of being able to turn the fans or the halo's off. That and I tried hooking up a lighted switch to the fans and whenever I hooked up the ground the damn fans would turn on. So I couldn't even turn them off. What the heck is the deal with that? This is just getting frustrating. I'm about ready to say screw it I don't need the damned things anyway.
Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
Nick
Old 10-28-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt can anybody give me more of an explanation on this?
Old 10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my halos, I want to wire it to the foglights Did you guys use the stock brackets? Did you remove and reapply the weather stripping?

Quick Reply: Halo headlight guys.