Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

TSP true dual, how do they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP true dual, how do they fit?

Okay so I'm going to do another camaro and i'm think if TSP Headers and true duals I know how the headers fit but does anyone know of how low the x pipe hangs? I had a custom x pipe with slp headers and hated how low they hung.
Pictures will help if anyone has any.
Thanks...
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm thinking of doing the same idea...TSP true duals with an X pipe, but I'm concerned with how low it's gona hang. I'm not sure about your Camaro, but the frame is about 7 inches off the ground in my TA, and the piping is 3 inches so I think its gona be kinda low. I'm not too sure what other people have done though. Since you can't extend the pipes past the rear axle, I want to curve the pipes and dump the exhaust gas in front of the rear tires.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

ur piping doesnt start where your frame/body ends. its tucked up to some extent...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It fits well, I've had mine on the car for over 4 years w/o a complaint. I got tired of ill-fitting y-pipes banging the floor of my car. The duals were one of the best investments I ever made.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Anyone running w/o cats and TSP duals? I am curious how it sounds. My car is not a DD so a lot of sound is not the issue, just wondering about rasp.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Anyone running w/o cats and TSP duals? I am curious how it sounds. My car is not a DD so a lot of sound is not the issue, just wondering about rasp.
www.ls1sounds.com
Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
More often than not, folks running our true duals are running without cats due to the true duals being designed to slip right onto the end of the LT headers. I've seen a few guys who modified theirs and added a couple high flow cats right after the collector of the LT, and it shouldn't be too huge a deal to get done!!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Yeah I've had true duals on both of my other cars it was the same exhaust but I hated how low they were and I'm going to get the panhard relocation to make the exhaust go all the way out to the back the tips used to hit everywhere is was embarassing in parking lots going over speed bumps cuz you would just hear a nasty scraping noise across the mufflers all the to the tips. That was more on my last one cuz I had the eibach pro springs.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gearhead1186
ur piping doesnt start where your frame/body ends. its tucked up to some extent...

Thanks that helps I haven't really been able to find any pictures and I them. The ones I had before were low... Like really low maybe 3 inches off the ground it was horrible but I didn't want to pay $400-$500 just to tuck the exhaust up a little bit but new car so new exhaust!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
More often than not, folks running our true duals are running without cats due to the true duals being designed to slip right onto the end of the LT headers. I've seen a few guys who modified theirs and added a couple high flow cats right after the collector of the LT, and it shouldn't be too huge a deal to get done!!
Excellent, thanks Matt! I currently have SLP tuned length off road LTs with their high flow cats that are hollowed out (visual inspection reasons) and was looking to add your true duals with an x pipe. I may also consider changing headers as the SLPs hang quite low....but it may have to wait a year. Was thinking of changing to Kooks or any other leading LT for 4th gens
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

gearhead, do you have any more pictures of your set up? What kind of headers do you run? I have pacesetter LT's, custom H and bullets and at about the lowest point I have about 4" above the ground...

The mufflers had to be kept away from the fuel lines 1.5", though they are that close to the fuel lines and the body, so I don't get how you tucked them up any higher..?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CHRRRIS
gearhead, do you have any more pictures of your set up? What kind of headers do you run? I have pacesetter LT's, custom H and bullets and at about the lowest point I have about 4" above the ground...

The mufflers had to be kept away from the fuel lines 1.5", though they are that close to the fuel lines and the body, so I don't get how you tucked them up any higher..?

check this out... tons of information..

True Duals Thread

Quick Reply: TSP true dual, how do they fit?