Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Poor artic white color match 01 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor artic white color match 01 Camaro

I tried searching for "artic white" but didn't find any relevant info. Car is a 2001 Camaro artic white & I was doing some minor body work. I picked up a spray can of dupli-color perfect match BGM0153 Polar Artic White 10 WA9567 and the color was way off. Temperature and humidity are not a factor.

I sent photos to duplicolor and they sent me another can of paint which was no better than the first.

So what brand of artic white do you use to get a good color match?

bt
Old 05-17-2016, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you really expect spray paint to match? Find a paint supplier in your area and get it mixed.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 413 Likes on 293 Posts

There is Light and Dark variations of every OEM color. The only way to insure a good match is to go to a paint store and let them match it for you.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 AM
Teching In

1FastBrick I understand you agree with BlackGMC otherwise why would you have quoted him?

Well I don't need any smart *** comments on this god damn forum. **** all you ***********
Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Lol, did I miss something? Have a couple posts been deleted in-between here and #1......

I thought it was good advice, a auto body supply shop should have no problem helping you out.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by beertracker
1FastBrick I understand you agree with BlackGMC otherwise why would you have quoted him?

Well I don't need any smart *** comments on this god damn forum. **** all you ***********
Apparently you don't frequent forums and took it out of context. If you look closely there is a line above it. Everything below that line is part of what's known as a signature. If you knew the individual user that I quoted, you might see the humor in it. He is known as the Resident Retard on the Truck side of the forum. It has been there for a few years. It has nothing specific to do with my my my reply. Since they split the database of the 2 forums it no longer updates the changes I make on the other side of the forum.

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Lol, did I miss something? Have a couple posts been deleted in-between here and #1......

I thought it was good advice, a auto body supply shop should have no problem helping you out.
No, no post have been deleted.

It was only helpful information that was posted.

All Vehicle color's have light and dark variants of a standard formula. The colors for the automotive plants are mixed in large batches. Between that and other factors it's highly likely to get these errors. Not all automotive plants use the same Paint products from 1 plant to the next plant. The Paint companies try to sample as many production cars as they can to verify the color match and the different variations found.

The other thing that should be noted is that Spray cans are generally lacquer based products. Most of the Auto industry was using urethane base coat, clear coat and then switched to a waterborne base coat.

Different chemical compositions dry differently as well as the pigments differ between the different types of paint.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you flip **** on a guy for giving good advice, understand that was a signature, like 1fastbrick stated, he has had that sig for years and it had no relation to the context he stated. Chill out.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Default 1fastbric & blackgmc

1fastbric & blackgmc, I see you deleted portions of the previous post calling me a "retard"! Your dirty SOBs trying to hide behind your ***** *** keyboard. Hey, I am easy to find start in Houston, TX and we will settle this **** once and for all. I look forward to your visit!!!! So do you want to **** with me today? And this is not a case of mis-understood communications. I read you intent loud and clear!

What the **** do I have to do to get banned from this god damn site! Go ahead ban me, delete my account please do so. Kiss my ***** ***!!!!!

The rest of you SOBs who are offended stay the **** out of it. You don't know ****.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

1fastbric & blackgmc, I see you deleted portions of the previous post calling me a "retard"! Your dirty SOBs trying to hide behind your ***** *** keyboard. Hey, I am easy to find start in Houston, TX and we will settle this **** once and for all. I look forward to your visit!!!! So do you want to **** with me today? And this is not a case of mis-understood communications. I read you intent loud and clear!

What the **** do I have to do to get banned from this god damn site! Go ahead ban me, delete my account please do so. Kiss my ***** ***!!!!!

The rest of you SOBs who are offended stay the **** out of it. You don't know ****.
Jesus Christ, calm down. Let it go, man. It's just the internet. No need to take everything so serious. Now as for your original question, what year is the car that you're trying to paint match? UV can do some major damage. I remember in 2001 when I first acquired my 97 Camaro, the paint was already a shade off from brand new F-Bodies that were the same color. I ran in to the same problem with touch up paint. Technology is much better now though, most paint shops can scan your paint and then mix you up a custom batch in a can for a pretty reasonable price. It might be worth it to roll up to a few paint shops and ask. Good luck with your search!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nothing has been deleted and the other person was never involved in this thread.

Good luck with your color match! I am sure there is a few Paint Supply stores in your area that can help.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Low IQ?
Old 05-18-2016, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pics?
Old 05-19-2016, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Big badass
Attached Thumbnails Poor artic white color match 01 Camaro-fb_img_1461690718733.jpg  
Old 05-19-2016, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahahahahahah

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-rac...-blackgmc.html
Old 05-19-2016, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
Low IQ?
I suppose that's the case we got here lol
Old 05-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Resident Retard

Wtf did i do. Holy crap.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, that is some funny ****. Dude pissed him self off quick. I'm sure his local paint shop will kick him out when he gets confused and starts yelling at them for no reason. LMAO
Old 05-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 327 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Jesus Christ, calm down. Let it go, man.
+1. No thread was deleted and no one was calling you anything. You misread 1FastBrick's signature and must have thought it was directed at you... It wasn't. It's a self-deprecating signature.

That is all.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who knew the internet was such a mine field of potential butt hurt these days.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

LMFAO this is fun.

1FastBrick and BlackGMC are ********. It's true, but in no relation to this thread

the best part is BlackGMC never posted in the thread, yet he's catching all the hell

friend request sent to beertracker

Last edited by TXsilverado; 05-20-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Poor artic white color match 01 Camaro