Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Ws6Store/RPMSpeed c5 filter/regulator upgrade for 98-02 fbodys

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Ws6Store/RPMSpeed c5 filter/regulator upgrade for 98-02 fbodys

Since many of you were looking for a better solution to the issues with fuel pressure regulators and having a better option, and even using the c5 filter/reg, we decided to make a complete kit.

The perfect upgrade to provide a more dependable, reliable way to regulate fuel pressure. No flimsy plastic housing to warp and leak, no diaphragm to rupture and leak inside the tank. When that happens inside the tank, youll never know and spend hours or days chasing down what is wrong.

Ws6store has your answer. All parts included to install the 99 corvette fuel filter/pressure regulator on your fbody as well as delete the stock fuel filter and remove the stock pressure regulator in the tank. No need to flare any lines or fabrcate anything else. Also puts the fuel filter in an easier to service spot with quick connects on all inlets and outlets. E85 compatible and works with most high horsepower applications.

Buy it here!! Install guide is emailed after purchase.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We have 10 more kits on hand ready to ship!

Customers so far say its such a straight forward and easy kit with everything you need!
Old 11-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased this kit a couple weeks ago for my 1998 Camaro. Kit was easy to install no leaks car cranked right up and runs great. Awsome someone did the leg work to put a simple to insall kit together.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls3swap
I purchased this kit a couple weeks ago for my 1998 Camaro. Kit was easy to install no leaks car cranked right up and runs great. Awsome someone did the leg work to put a simple to insall kit together.
So everything worked good? I just bought the kit and was a little concerned with my car being a 1998 model that something may not be the same. I am doing a racetronix pump and wiring kit at the same time. Do you have any pics of the install on your filter and possibly the t- fitting area where you had to cut the lines? i am curious how you mounted it. thanks!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

View this post on Instagram
For the curious minds...this is whats inside the filter.
There are 3 pics so scroll or swipe
Old 03-10-2018, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does this kit delete the stock regulator in the bucket? Does something get installed in it's place?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by KENS80V
How does this kit delete the stock regulator in the bucket? Does something get installed in it's place?
A straight nylon fuel tube to return fuel right into bucket.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

How does the black plastic regulator housing get removed in order to attach a nylon tube to the nipple at the top?
Old 03-10-2018, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I've seen no less than 15 different styles of modules and each has a different way of retaining it. BUT the most common has a steel shaft that supports it. Remove the shaft then remove the entire reg assy. It will have a black barb between it and the module. that is what the hose attaches to.
View this post on Instagram

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 03-10-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

I managed to get the regulator plastic housing off without removing the shaft. It was a matter of hacking away at the back side until I could free it enough to wiggle it down off the return barb. Now the return fuel can be deposited accurately back in the bucket. I used small diagonal cutters to carefully tighten the Oetiker clamp. Thanks for the tip!
Attached Thumbnails Ws6Store/RPMSpeed c5 filter/regulator upgrade for 98-02 fbodys-img_1618.jpg   Ws6Store/RPMSpeed c5 filter/regulator upgrade for 98-02 fbodys-img_1625.jpg  

Last edited by KENS80V; 03-10-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:26 AM
ngz
Teching In

I managed to get the regulator plastic housing off without removing the shaft. It was a matter of hacking away at the back side until I could free it enough to wiggle it down off the return barb. Now the return fuel can be deposited accurately back in the bucket. I used small diagonal cutters to carefully tighten the Oetiker clamp. Thanks for the tip!
I just done the same last night using a Dremel tool to cut the stock regulator housing off the shaft.

Has anyone completed the C5 filter/regulator swap using this kit? And if so, does anyone have some pics of the regulator/lines installed under the car?

Please post if you've done it!

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:52 PM
ngz
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pacho
I'm looking for the same thing as above post.
I've got mine done now. Try as I may, I couldn't get the kit from WS6 to fit as outlined in the instructions, so I ended up pretty much mimicking fatbody99's install (it's in this section on the forum with a good write up including the pump and hotwire install).

PM me if you want any specifics on mine.
The following users liked this post:
fastsspr (08-09-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

The barb on mine was 1/4" so I used gates 27086 submersible fuel line to route the return fuel to the bottom of the tank, replacing the in tank fuel pressure regulator. Anyone doing this mod feel free to PM me, I still have 7" of fuel line left. Only used 5" of line.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
The barb on mine was 1/4" so I used gates 27086 submersible fuel line to route the return fuel to the bottom of the tank, replacing the in tank fuel pressure regulator. Anyone doing this mod feel free to PM me, I still have 7" of fuel line left. Only used 5" of line.
I highly do not recommend using submersible fuel hose. Ive seen too many issues/failures even with that style of hose.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
I highly do not recommend using submersible fuel hose. Ive seen too many issues/failures even with that style of hose.
Do you sell the 6.5mm plastic submersible hose so that it fits on the 1/4” barb correctly? I had some 8mm ID nylon racetronix hose but that’s not the right size. What size comes in the c5 reg kit that you sell? I bought your c5 kit used from a member on here that didn’t include the hose so I found this gates hose and racetronix doesn’t appear to offer a 7mm or 6.5mm ID plastic fuel hose. If you have the 6.5mm ID nylon plastic fuel hose or know where it can be sourced, please advise. Perhaps there is some variation between fuel buckets and the return barb diameter? Mine was 1/4” and not 3/8” and the metal rod that runs down the side of the bucket that comes from the stock fpr housing that had to be removed wasn’t 3/8” thick.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 12-28-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The kits are always selling great AND we have quite a few ls swap guys using them also.

Quite a few people are still asking for pictures etc and I have finally been able to take the time to get that done AND re-engineer the kit in 2 different ways. One kit is a whole separate "delete" while the other will make for a SUPER simple installation that will now require only 1 cut on the lines. That will be on the 5/16 "return" hose fro. The middle of the T.

Lets talk about a few things first, then I will get down to the options and changes.

Here is the factory fuel filter/ fuel line/T fitting/feed line/return line from ANY 98-02 LS Fbody. (V6 is different)
They will all have this setup.
I did draw some (terrible) arrows to give you an idea of the flow of fuel and how it works.

So whenever T fitting is mentioned, that's what the T is.

Normally our C5 kit would replace all of the fuel filter/hose from fuel filter to T/T fitting/fuel feed line threaded end. You would have to bend some of the tubing around and reposition OR use our steel tube and compression fitting to bridge the gap from the fittings to the Feed line to front (right of picture)
then cut the 5/16 return line back and use our compression to AN and AN to 5/16 Quick Disconnect to adapt it to the C5 filter/regulator.

NOW we have changed up the kit some and added a custom in house made direct fit hose that clicks into the c5 filter. (Shorter hose pictured) It routes where the old line was, and threads onto the factory fuel feed line after the T exactly with no cutting required. Since there are no steel lines/fititngs to support the hose, we will also include a cushion P clamp and self tapping screw. New fuel line O ring, also included. (Lines will have abrasion resistant/heat resistant wrap on them)

We will have a second variant of this available for those with damaged threaded fitting or twisted line that includes a compression style fitting, so you can cut the threaded fuel end off and use a compression style instead. So IF you wish to remove that fitting, that would be the kit for you.
(only fitting pictured but will be part of full line)

The next hose (longer one pictured) is used for a FULL FUEL FILTER, RETURN LINE AND T FITTING DELETE. We have seen many people do this to either use the stock feed line as a return or use an aftermarket regulator up front.
(connected to factory feed line to show simplicity of delete)

THIS KIT CAN ALSO COME WITH THE CORRECT FITTING TO SPLICE A RETURN HOSE/LINE TO THE FACTORY RETURN LINE. WE CAN OFFER THREADED END TO AN LINE OR THREADED FITTING TO HOSE BARB OR AN TO COMPRESSION OR HOSE BARB TO COMPRESSION.
This setup can be used for many applications. Or you can also mix the kit. If you are wanting to use the stock style fuel filter and use the stock feed line, then you would order the SHORT hose to delete the steel L line from fuel filter to T and the T, then use our return line fititng to splice into the factory return with line from an aftermarket regulator. This would be very helpful in case you are running an aftermarket regulator under the hood and either stock fuel rail or aftermarket but not making more than 750ish hp, as that is basically the flow limit/capabilities of the stock steel 3/8 hardline.

We will be offering a (mostly) plug and play system with an external fuel pressure regulator under the hood that will utilize the factory feed line and will splice into the factory return line. Eliminating the need to drop the tank to sort a ton of hoses etc. Look for that in the coming weeks. It will come with all fittings necessary also and hose.

Final prototype piece (below) is being tested now! We can offer them with wire loom or dei easy loom(as pictured) with heat shrink ends.

any questions?
Old 01-20-2021, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good! Just an FYI to anyone considering this...the tech at ws6store is amazing. I’ve asked many questions about my various fuel components to them and the level of detail and catching things that I missed was excellent. These guys KNOW fbody fuel systems.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Can I buy the parts to update the older kit I just received? I haven't done the install yet. I have been dragging my feet on dropping the tank to put in the Racetronix 340 pump kit I got from you.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It will be available this coming week
Email me
rpmspeedtech@gmail.com
Old 02-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Sent you an email. I have a lot of parts to buy before I get my turbo up and running. Maybe we can discuss some of the parts so I can get an order placed for the next stage of my build.

Quick Reply: Ws6Store/RPMSpeed c5 filter/regulator upgrade for 98-02 fbodys