Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Is the 4th Gen Camaro Collectible yet???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Give me a low mile "collectable" ws6 and I'll cut and gut it and make a racecar out of it!
I've always wanted to Procharge mine!

Originally Posted by two lane blacktop
Rare means Unpopular.....
The McLaren F1 must be very unpopular then!
Lol what a ridiculous statement.
The more rare something is, almost always its worth more!

Originally Posted by Firebrian
SS's don't command WS6 money;
For an SS to make it to the $20K level like a WS6 often does,..
Excuse me did you say a WS6 commands near 20K?!
Ohh wait, they do!

-

Last edited by Z28tek; 05-17-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28tek
Excuse me did you say a WS6 commands near 20K?!
Ohh wait, they do!
Yes, some sure can, but that doesn't mean they are all worth that much or will all sell for that price.

Here's a confirmed sale of an '02 SOM WS6 convertible with a camel interior, 46k miles too. Pretty rare car indeed, definitely more rare than a black version, and a highly sought after color in the most desirable model year so, based on your comments about rarity, I guess it should definitely be worth more than a more common example at the same mileage. Looks like it sold for $15k:

Originally Posted by loflite
I bought a '02 SOM WS6 convertible with a camel interior for 15k last year from this forum. It had 46k miles and is pretty nice. That being said, I think your coupe with low miles would be worth in the high teens and if I had the cash right now, I would be interested.
And the "coupe with low miles" of which he speaks is another 2002 SOM WS6 M6, but with only 17k miles. Even the owner of that car mentioned, regarding value:

Originally Posted by sskwb
....all that being said, i think she is to attached to the car to let it go for mid teens. maybe very high teens- low 20s. if she does decide to sell i will list here first
That seems to be the same range in which you value a much more common black, and less desirable '99 model year, example with 2.5 times the mileage, but I don't think many other folks would group those two cars together in terms of same value. If you know the market for these cars, then you know of the demand for, and desirability of, '02 SOM examples - especially ones with ~20k miles or less.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If McLaren F1s are so wildly popular...Why aren't there thousands of them on the roads.??..Take for example an AMC Javelin AMX..the ones with the GO package..They are just as bad *** and fast as a comparable Firebird or Camaro and Mustang.. Yet they generally don't fetch no where near the price of those cars...Why is that?? Could it be That they are just simply not nearly as popular as the others....???
That being said.,. There are always anomalies and exceptions to the rules..Bottom line is just really depends on how bad Someone wants it and how much they are willing to pay.....

Last edited by two lane blacktop; 05-17-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

If McLaren F1s are so wildly popular... .
Some of you guys are very un-educated/clueless, you young guys have alot to learn.
You need to watch how each car is built, its handmade by a small group of guys, the engine bay is lined with gold! Really!

Only 106 cars were manufactured: 5 prototypes (XP1, XP2, XP3, XP4, XP5), 64 road versions (F1), 1 tuned prototype (XP1 LM), 5 tuned versions (LM), 1 longtail prototype (XPGT), 2 longtail versions (GT), and 28 racecars (GTR). Production began in 1992 and ended in 1998.

Jay Leno has one, he paid near a million if I remember, and got offered 17 million just recently.
The McLaren F1 is one of the most highly respected and wanted cars of all time.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Some of you guys are very un-educated/clueless, you young guys have alot to learn.
You need to watch how each car is built, its handmade by a small group of guys, the engine bay is lined with gold! Really!

Only 106 cars were manufactured: 5 prototypes (XP1, XP2, XP3, XP4, XP5), 64 road versions (F1), 1 tuned prototype (XP1 LM), 5 tuned versions (LM), 1 longtail prototype (XPGT), 2 longtail versions (GT), and 28 racecars (GTR). Production began in 1992 and ended in 1998.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MXKsg1YIm8

Jay Leno has one, he paid near a million if I remember, and got offered 17 million just recently.
The McLaren F1 is one of the most highly respected and wanted cars of all time.
If I had Jay Lenos money I'd probably have one too..Now back to the 4th gen F cars..The RPO 1LE option was readily available to anyone who wanted one from about 1988 to 1999..The SLP cars with 1LE are Completely different animals...Yet in the whole time frame that GM offered them they only produced 235 of them (Firebirds) Not sure how many Camaros were produced with 1LE..Do know that they are rare too..Have never seen another 1LE in Camaro or Firebird in person.. My job used to take me all over the country and have Always been on and still am on the lookout for one..Do know that back when I used to show mine on a regular basis...The few people that would actually look at it had no clue what they were looking at..Most of the people gravitated .towards the loaded up WS6 Trans ams ..,Firehawks and SS Camaros...What that tells me is...Most if not all people interested in collecting 4th gens want the loaded versions with all the available creature comforts...I personally think that if GM hadn't reintroduced 1LE and heavily promoted it..They would be would just another footnote in automotive history....But if I were to sell mine am quite sure that it Would bring decent money..Only if the right person wanted it...

One other thing I'm not young and most definately Not clueless...Just don't live in the fantasy world.....

Last edited by two lane blacktop; 05-17-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

Have never seen another 1LE in Camaro or Firebird in person.......
A 4th Gen 1LE is not that desirable.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guy in my old neighborhood used to DD a 93 Pace Car. I thought it was hideous, but had no idea only 600 were made. Pretty cool.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Puck
Guy in my old neighborhood used to DD a 93 Pace Car. I thought it was hideous, but had no idea only 600 were made. Pretty cool.
I totally forgot about the pace cars! There are so many specialized versions that were instantly collectible.
Here is another super collectible 4th Gen:

https://www.transammuseum.com/2002_P...WV_7671433.veh

Originally Posted by Trans Am Museum
"THE " DAYTONA PACE CAR Driven By Jay Leno and Tony Stewart and signed by both at the Track ,02 Collectors Edition from the GM Collection, THE LAST TRANS AM PACE CAR, 7,416 Actual Miles, Pontiac kept this car till 04 then Sold to a Museum and that's where its been till we just purchased 7/16/16, Very Dry Storage , Amazing Original Undercarriage, Original Yellow Overspray Floor Boards, Engine Bay looks New, Interior Still Looks and Smells New, THE number 1 is on windshield which means of course car #1 , Strobe Lights Still working and Whelen Decal ( which is who does the Pace Car Lighting ) is on Doors, All Decals are Original to the Track, Original Tires, Paint is Still Show Quality, many videos on line of Jay Driving this Car plus pics of him and Tony Stewart signing, I also have a Pic of Jim Matison ( owner of PHS who worked for Pontiac at the time and was involved with this Promotion) his pic with Jay and Tony at the Car at signing, Jim Matison Knows this Car A TRUE PIECE OF PONTIAC HISTORY
I'd like to get the information on the Dick Harrell Camaro's as well with the 427's, not a catfish fan but loved those body kits.
Not exactly sure what they would be worth.
-

Last edited by Z28tek; 05-18-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Teching In

A 4th Gen 1LE is not that desirable.
That's just your opinion...Which by the way ...Is completely irrelevant to me.....
Old 05-18-2018, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

That's just your opinion...Which by the way ...Is completely irrelevant to me.....
Your the guy who said a McLaren F1 is nothing special or worth collecting, right?
You've shown everyone your knowledge level already.

-
Old 05-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Your the guy who said a McLaren F1 is nothing special or worth collecting, right?
You've shown everyone your knowledge level already.

-
Seems to me that you have an unhealthy obsession with a car that only Arab oil sheiks and fat uber rich guys can afford...What's up with that.?? Is it that you spend way too much time watching your little video and playing stink finger with yourself or what..?? .Am pretty sure there is some sort of therapy group somewhere .you could attend....They might even be able to help you......

Last edited by two lane blacktop; 05-18-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only ones I could really see being collectors are the low mileage GMMG, Berger, Firehawk and WS6 cars. I think nice SS's and Z28's will fetch good money (as they do now) but just won't be as desirable as the others in the eyes of a collector. This is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I'm just kind of going off of what I see on the market now
Old 05-19-2018, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

My blue WS6 gets a lot of attention no matter where we go someone always asks about or makes a comment. Can't drive it any where without someone pulling up wanting race it. Lately it seems to be getting more and more. I was looking at maybe selling it or trading it recently and when I looked at Kelly blue book there was a extra 550 dollar premium because HIGHY SOUGHT AFTER CAR! I did get a few offers from dealers but no where hear what the car is really worth. These WS6 cars are of course no longer made, try find a umolested stock WS6 in excellent used condition, I have one Good Luck.

Friend of mine had a used 71 GTO in restorable shape 20 years ago. So it was 25 years old or so he advertised it as best offer for sale. A BUNCH of people called and showed up and made offers on it. Best offer was only 3500 dollars, not near what I thought it would go. I think these 4th gen WS6 cars are going to be a lot more sought after than the old GTO's.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Give me a low mile "collectable" ws6 and I'll cut and gut it and make a racecar out of it!
I hear ya, I guess should not have put in the big cam and NOS.... but it fun