Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Does Anyone Hate Their Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Does Anyone Hate Their Camaro?

I have two 4th gens. '94 and '02. I hate working on the older one compared to the newer deal. Headers, cam, you name it- it's harder to install on the LT1. I LOVE my LT1, but at the same time I hate it. Hate working on it. LOVE everything else about it. God I hope I never feel this way about my '02 'Hawk. The '94 is my beater, I will probably rebuild as needed, but otherwise I will never install another performance part for the hell of it again!! LS1 is now the "whip". Does anyone else have negative emotions about their car or am I simply defective?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get tired of it because it's my daily driver. I need to buy a beater.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope, not at all. im sure its not just me but i love workin on my cars. i do get frustrated with it sometimes when somethings not going right but other than that, i enjoy it, its fun
Old 01-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 69chevy
Nope, not at all. im sure its not just me but i love workin on my cars. i do get frustrated with it sometimes when somethings not going right but other than that, i enjoy it, its fun
I love working on mine too. Last month I had to change the waterpump on the LT1. Of course, the opti died after that so I had to tear it back down again. My garage queen 'Hawk had it's waterpump die last weekend. I am looking forward to the swap... I didn't feel that way about the '94. It's simply a pain in the to work on!!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I love working on mine too. Last month I had to change the waterpump on the LT1. Of course, the opti died after that so I had to tear it back down again. My garage queen 'Hawk had it's waterpump die last weekend. I am looking forward to the swap... I didn't feel that way about the '94. It's simply a pain in the to work on!!
Sure, modding can be fun. But I definitally can't say that I find general repairs 'fun' (like a water pump). You're not upgrading anything or making the car more special; you're just fixing a problem. When you are done, it's not any better than it was before the problem occured. To me, the only thing that makes modding fun is seeing the improved results (whether it be appearance, sound, or power). Repairs just don't give me that feeling, because nothing was really "improved"; things are just back to where they were before it was broken. IMO.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

i hate mine cuz it doesnt run right now
Old 01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Sure, modding can be fun. But I definitally can't say that I find general repairs 'fun' (like a water pump). You're not upgrading anything or making the car more special; you're just fixing a problem. When you are done, it's not any better than it was before the problem occured. To me, the only thing that makes modding fun is seeing the improved results (whether it be appearance, sound, or power). Repairs just don't give me that feeling, because nothing was really "improved"; things are just back to where they were before it was broken. IMO.
Modding anything on the LT1 is not as simple as the LS1. Headers for example, the biggest pain ever to install shorties on my LT1, it was much easier to put long tubes on the LS. All mods.. not just repair. As I said before, My 'Hawk will be getting a new w/pump this weekend... and I look forward to that job even though it is repair.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Yeah, but you get the satisfaction of fixing your car and knowing it's done right.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also, if something goes wrong, you can most likely blame yourself and not worry about being mad at somebody else or something. that and you can say that you did the work on your own car and be proud of it at the same time
Old 01-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get a lot of ribbing because I have a thirdgen , I also get a lot of compliments on it. I'm in the process of doing a LS1/T56 swap into it. It's gonna be a pain to do and I'm reasonably there is gonna be a lot of cursing , throwing of tools and GM engineer hatin' . I firmly believe that the first drive I take in it after it's finished will dissolve all that. I really enjoy getting new parts for it and I'm like a little kid in a candy store when I go online ordering parts. I just got my LS6 intake and had to stare at it for 10 minutes befrore stashing it in the garage with all of my other parts. Yeah ,I know I'm weird.

Last edited by badjuju342; 01-22-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

i hate cruising with a friend on the highway with the windows up and stereo off and still having to shout to talk to the person. i cant imagine how bad it will be when i install my exhaust on friday
Old 01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my car and it would take alot for me to get rid of it. It ride's rough and is loud and pisses old women off when I go past them. Not trying to be arrogant because I don't think my car is the greatest thing ever because it's not. The one thing I love about it is seeing people stop what there doing and turn around and stare at it when I drive by. That just puts a big smile on my face. But of course you have to remember I'm 22yrs old.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

A few of my buddies had LT1s that I used to help them work on. Thats back when I was a Mustang guys. I remember cussing a LOT when working on those damn LT1 engines. GM didn't design it very well for maintenance.

LS1s are much easier to work on. Even easier than 5.0 Mustang engines.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

I get tired of it because it's my daily driver. I need to buy a beater.
I miss mine cause its covered for the winter. Can't wait until the spring to drive it around. I loved it even when I had to drive it daily unless there was snow then it kinda sucked only at that time.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

I love my Z28 but I'm going in the DTs because I can't drive it at the moment. Since I bought the DD I told myself that the only time I would drive the Z28 is if it's warm/nice out or to a race. Now I can't wait until spring/summer especially after I put the new suspension, brakes, wheels/tires on it.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sometimes i just get spioled driving it, but when i drive my dad's car or something for a week, and then get behind the wheel agian, i relise how awsome of a car it really is.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cahill93Z28
sometimes i just get spioled driving it, but when i drive my dad's car or something for a week, and then get behind the wheel agian, i relise how awsome of a car it really is.
Exactly, after Come march/april i will be more than ready to stop driving my p.o.s 82 olds and test out the new mods on my camaro
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

i miss mine like hell. It was my second one, had a 93 Z28, but I bought it used as my first car, it already had 120K miles on it. Since I never did any work on it I cant comment on that, but I certainly do...or did love the '01 Z much better. I have always been a Camaro fan since I bought my 93 back in May of '99. They are nice cars, but I have to admit i like my new mid sized/compact SUV better for the every day driver. The Camaro was a lot of fun, and it if definately caught some eyes, but I think I enjoyed taking it to the track more than driving it on the street daily.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Teching In

I hate mine because it's slow.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Teching In

I dislike mine because its a dog off the line and uses tooo much gas. But it realy sounds good. and there is nothing like the sound of a well built 350.....

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Hate Their Camaro?