Looks like Chevy needed a little help in designing the new Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shoemike
they made these cars 40 years ago.
thats why gm and ford are going under.
You mean to say Camaros got 30 mpg on the highway back in the 1960s?

Which Camaro model was that?

Anyways...

I think the production Camaro would look a lot like the concept except the leather-lined interior, 4-piston calipers, and huge wheels.

Why do I think that?

The Pontiac Solstice came out as a concept in 2002 and the production model looks A LOT like the concept car. Pontiac has over 15,000 orders for the Solstice and the turbocharged Solstice GXP isn't even on sale.

The Camaro Concept with a 1969 Camaro SS belonging to Ed Welburn.

Last edited by kaptain cap; 02-03-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think alot of you are missing the point. I don't know how old you are but if you aren't at least 40 yrs old this car was not designed w/ you in mind as the primary customer. All three of the mustang, camaro, and challenger were designed with the intent of pulling on the heartstrings of the baby boomers, the people who grew up with the originals and want to relive their younger years. Yes they do look like the originals, so what, thats the point. All these 40 something yr. olds want a car that makes them feel young again, and looks are the first part. Either way i thought all 3 cars looked badass. The camaro concept will inevitably be dulled down as was the mustang concept, but it will hold true to much of the 1st gen. styling. As far as the critics go....who ******' cares, when was the last time you didn't go to a movie cuz some dumbass 'critic' said it wasn't good! Only you can decide for yourself.

Just my point of view! Thanks.

Quick Reply: Looks like Chevy needed a little help in designing the new Camaro