Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
This is a "riceboy" comment/mindset/domestic stereotype if I EVER heard one!! Yes, I know you deal with mostly domestic platforms, but obviously, you know little about them, handling wise.
So, ONLY the Z06es can turn left and right and NOT the "regular old" C5/6, have I got that right, according to you??
Also, you've NEVER been to an open track/time trial event where f bodies (albeit, yes, modded for handling ones) were lapping ALL sorts of Nippon and Euro "exotica", have you??? Yes, the "driver mod" has a lot to do with this, BUT, IF the f bods were just soooo shitty and inferior, even THAT would NOT make up the difference, now would it?? BTW, that same said Nippon and Euro "exotica" was modded as well and in some cases on even stickier rubber.
Uhm, sure you know a lot don't you. We don't see F-Bodies running any professional races. When I say Z06 that represents the Corvette community. F cars are not track cars, the ones you see on track day only means the drivers were better than the guys in the Jap cars. Equal drivers the F cars will get killed. You see any Camaros/Trans-Ams in GT races? We aren't saying they can't handle, but they are no where near track quality cars. Stock for stock a lower powered import will take out a F on a handling course. Say 350z vs. Camaro. I can't remember the last time the Camaro or Trans Am was praised for its excellent handling characteristics. Don't be offended by the truth, just makes you look like you don't know what your talking about. F cars are good for straights, face the truth. Just like Porsches are perfect for road courses. Sure if we didn't know anything about domestics I wonder how we stay in business working on them? What a stupid comment.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

F-bodies have done quite well in SCCA racing against both domestic and foreign competition, and they have a succesful history in IMSA sports car racing as well.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

i thought the 1st gen Z28's were built for the Trans Am series racing.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

SCCA is not in any level near GT racing. Sorry its nothing compared to it. Trans Am racing is pretty much racing in circles guys. If F-cars are doing so well tell me one F car that continues to win championships in the professional series of SCCA. I'll admit I'm wrong if someone can tell me.

Yes 1st gens were designed for Trans Am it, but your talking about 40 years ago. Sports cars have advance significantly since.

In order to advance oneself one must admit the limits of certain things. One must be open to new ideas and admit failures/succes. Being a hard head gets you nowhere. A Camaro has its limits, admit it and move on to what its good for. If they were so good the manufacturers would've used them in the pro racing series.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by evsmotors
SCCA is not in any level near GT racing. Sorry its nothing compared to it. Trans Am racing is pretty much racing in circles guys. If F-cars are doing so well tell me one F car that continues to win championships in the professional series of SCCA. I'll admit I'm wrong if someone can tell me.

Yes 1st gens were designed for Trans Am it, but your talking about 40 years ago. Sports cars have advance significantly since.

In order to advance oneself one must admit the limits of certain things. One must be open to new ideas and admit failures/succes. Being a hard head gets you nowhere. A Camaro has its limits, admit it and move on to what its good for. If they were so good the manufacturers would've used them in the pro racing series.
Oh, OK. So at least you admit you are an import worshipper at heart, even though you claim to work on domestics.
Yes, you know sooo much, "Trans Am racing is pretty much racing in circles" As far as I know, there has NEVER BEEN a Trans Am series race held on an oval track, or ANYTHING other than a street or bona fide road course!!
What, just because they were not held on the Nurburgring or one of the Nippon circuits they are "circles"??!!?
I know that if f bodies (let alone y bodies) were prepped to the same level that the GT500 cars are in the JGTCC, they would have a good shot at being competitive, despite the so called "ancient tech" they have pinned on them by the riceboy myth perpetuators.
But I guess I'd have to be wrong on that since ONLY Japan or Europe could possibly build anything that could turn left and right.
I guess I should convert my Z28 back to a straight line only ride since that is ALL it is capable of and I could not possibly be killing all of the imports/riceboyzz in their "twisties" LIKE I CURRENTLY DO, right, oh ALL KNOWING one??

Guess what brainiac? F bodies are no longer used in PRO series simply because they are NOT ALLOWED to due to not being a "current" model. Although there are no model age limitations in the SCCA amateur ranks, there most definitely are in the PRO ranks/rules.

Last edited by dailydriver; 05-27-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

Uhm, sure you know a lot don't you. We don't see F-Bodies running any professional races. When I say Z06 that represents the Corvette community. F cars are not track cars, the ones you see on track day only means the drivers were better than the guys in the Jap cars. Equal drivers the F cars will get killed. You see any Camaros/Trans-Ams in GT races? We aren't saying they can't handle, but they are no where near track quality cars. Stock for stock a lower powered import will take out a F on a handling course. Say 350z vs. Camaro. I can't remember the last time the Camaro or Trans Am was praised for its excellent handling characteristics. Don't be offended by the truth, just makes you look like you don't know what your talking about. F cars are good for straights, face the truth. Just like Porsches are perfect for road courses. Sure if we didn't know anything about domestics I wonder how we stay in business working on them? What a stupid comment.
Ignorance is bliss sir. Ignorance is bliss....

You have that mindset that Japanese imports are somehow superior. Its obvious from your posts that you have a superiority complex, regardless of how many Domestics you claim to have worked on.

You see everything one-sided. If you look up the numbers, stock F-Bodies are very close to 350Z's. There is nothing defective about the chassis that dictates that an F-body can't handle well. They aren't the prehistoric dinosours you percieve them to be
Old 05-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

I have owned more F-bodies than you can dream of. I have more experience with them than you can imagine. You could only imagine my collection. Sorry your the ignorant one, you probably have only owned 1-5 at most. I'm not claiming anything I can prove, you could only wish to have owned my show/track cars. With an open mind how am I ignorant. I look at two sides of the story. You didn't see my F cars that I build yet? You think I dont' know anything about domestics? You have it all wrong.

If you want to call me ignorant go right ahead, I could care less what you say. I know where I stand and where you stand.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like it
Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

We are sure you guys will get a kick out of this crazy project of ours. Whether you hate it or love it. This is the first project of this kind in the world and we are proud to be a part of this exclusive project. This projects will create ooohss and ahhhs from both sides of the court. The main goal of this project is to create a substantially high horsepowered 1st Gen Camaro. The 2JZ motor is known for its high horsepower potential and maximum reliability while doing so. We wanted to do something that has never been done before. With the good looks of Classic American Muscle and the spirit of Japanese Turbocharging Technology we have fabricated one of the best combinations in the world. The 1st Gen Camaro is already familiar with a Inline 6 anyhow, that was the base motor that it came with. But it wasn't turbocharged or designed to handle 1,000HP. All opinions are welcomed! Thanks! Just wanted to share with you guys here.

SPECS:
Inline 6 Cylinder (1,000HP est.)
Precision Turbo w/ Anti Surge Technology (Polished)
Massive Greddy Air Intake Manifold (Chromed)
Chrome Intercooler Piping
Blitz Front Mount Intercooler
6 Speed Getrag Manual Transmission
Custom Made High Performance Driveshaft (Designed to handle well over 1,000HP)
Heavy Duty Currie Rear End
Baer 14" Brakes
Aluminum Pulleys
RPS Turbo Clutch with worlds only Single Diaphragm Pressure Plate Technology
RPS CYN-R-G Segmented Flywheel(Worlds First Billet Flywheel Not Designed To Warp)
Hydraulic Brake System (Similar technology to AMG Braking Systems)
Tubular Exhaust Manifold
High Performance Throttle Body
Precision Fuel Injectors
High Flow Billet Fuel Rail
Custom Stand Alone Engine Management System
Blitz Electronic Boost Controller System

Here is a glimpse of the project!

I'm not trying to be a smart *** or anything , but didnt they do that to a mustang on fast and furious? Im not a big fan of that , but i doesnt matter. Dont listen to anybody's rude comments. The car belongs to you ,and if thats what u want to do with it then go ahead. its all about what u want.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'd be interesting to se how it compares in terms of performance against other similar cars with big horse V8 setups. 1/4, roll, auto-x, 60-0 etc..
Old 05-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Thats a very clean car!! I like the 2jz swap into it. And if you would have put a crate 350 or ls1 or ls2 it would be just like every othe 67-69 camaro on the road!! Dontr get me wrong the lsx motors are badass but you cant make that power reliably on stock internals. Also the GTO is Austrailian made with a American motor in it, what the difference between that and a American car with a proven Toyota 2jz in it that can make alot of power very easily???
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffswhitess
Thats a very clean car!! I like the 2jz swap into it. And if you would have put a crate 350 or ls1 or ls2 it would be just like every othe 67-69 camaro on the road!! Dontr get me wrong the lsx motors are badass but you cant make that power reliably on stock internals. Also the GTO is Austrailian made with a American motor in it, what the difference between that and a American car with a proven Toyota 2jz in it that can make alot of power very easily???
Because the Australians think like Americans. They like big V8 engines that sound great. The japs like to use small diaplacement engines that sound like *** and have rubber band power curves

And as for the F&F 3 Mustang, talk about an abonination. They ruined that classic Mustang with that rice motor. That movie would have been 10x better if they would have swapped a 03-04 Cobra 4.6 S/C into that Mustang and beat the **** out of the 350Z or whatever it was in the final race.

Like I've always said, jap motors make no sense at all. Why use a smaller displacement engine with less cylinders when you can make the same or more power with a larger engine, that sounds about a million times better and has much better power and torque curves??

You can talk "potential" all you want, but there is more to engines than just peak power. A nice looking, nice sounding, torque monster of a motor with a nice fat powerband means more to me than some turbo jap motor that can spit out big numbers at the redline but is otherwise useless.

A Camaro that sounds japanese makes me want to vomit
Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Because the Australians think like Americans. They like big V8 engines that sound great. The japs like to use small diaplacement engines that sound like *** and have rubber band power curves

And as for the F&F 3 Mustang, talk about an abonination. They ruined that classic Mustang with that rice motor. That movie would have been 10x better if they would have swapped a 03-04 Cobra 4.6 S/C into that Mustang and beat the **** out of the 350Z or whatever it was in the final race.

Like I've always said, jap motors make no sense at all. Why use a smaller displacement engine with less cylinders when you can make the same or more power with a larger engine, that sounds about a million times better and has much better power and torque curves??

You can talk "potential" all you want, but there is more to engines than just peak power. A nice looking, nice sounding, torque monster of a motor with a nice fat powerband means more to me than some turbo jap motor that can spit out big numbers at the redline but is otherwise useless.

you have obviously never had your *** handed to you by a built supra. they dont sound like honda civics, the sounds like jet planes.

Nice use of dramatic stereotypes btw.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Teching In

BTW A honda sounds like ****, but Supra sounds really badass and the trannys and 2jz are bulletproof!! Like I said I like v8s, I have a LS2 in my trailblazer but with a turbo supra you can make alot of power by 3000 rpms and the motor turn 8k your talking about 5k rpms of boost!! Which the LS1 revs to 6k at best and the Ls2 to 6500!! Its his car and it makes him happy, I would probably do the same thing, its called being original!!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camaroextra
you have obviously never had your *** handed to you by a built supra. they dont sound like honda civics, the sounds like jet planes.

Nice use of dramatic stereotypes btw.
I've heard them in person. The turbos spooling may sound like a "jet plane", but the exhaust note still sounds like rice. There's no getting around it, its a small displacement japanese 6 cylinder.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

I've heard them in person. The turbos spooling may sound like a "jet plane", but the exhaust note still sounds like rice. There's no getting around it, its a small displacement japanese 6 cylinder.
rice = sounds like *** w/ no power

2jz = still not a deep note, but not weedwhacker high pitched either, and is capable of very usable and strong powerbands if set up correctly

so 2jz > rice all day long
Old 05-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
rice = sounds like *** w/ no power

2jz = still not a deep note, but not weedwhacker high pitched either, and is capable of very usable and strong powerbands if set up correctly

so 2jz > rice all day long
Rice means Japanese. You can't just make up definitons, the term originated from vehicles of Asian origin.

2jz = japanese = rice

It doesn't sound good. Thats the bottom line. And it doesn't make any good power or torque below where the turbo spools, which is around 3K.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Rice means Japanese. You can't just make up definitons, the term originated from vehicles of Asian origin.

2jz = japanese = rice

It doesn't sound good. Thats the bottom line. And it doesn't make any good power or torque below where the turbo spools, which is around 3K.
so any jap car is rice, no matter what? lol, thats pretty closed minded way to look at it. so my DD honda is a ricer i guess, along with all the other stock econoboxes, and the street cars running 8s and 9s?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

but its whatever, if that is you opinion, nothing is going to change that, so have a good one
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Rice means Japanese

No it doesnt, a rice car is a japanise economy car that is made to look fast but isnt. Supras are sports cars, therefore not rice.

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP