Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is300 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
it is about 1/2 way to the back of the car so pre turbo. it is an afx unit and uses the more expensive ntk sensor which seems to be a lot more robust of a sensor. i kill the lc1 sensors all the time on boosted cars.

that being said with a rear mount i bet the cheaper lc1 set up would be fine.

baby is perfect. there was about a 15minute period that was very scary when her heart rated dropped and they did an emergency c section. both mother and baby are doing great now.
Glad everything turned out well. Congratulations!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, that is fantastic news -- CONGRATULATIONS!

And thanks also for the info again!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

you stole that car.
don't get me wrong, it's no beauty queen. it has a salvage title, it's been wrecked in the front & back. but the odometer only shows 82K. it has 18" motegi wheels, carbon fiber hood, header, CAI, & some sort of box connected to the ECU & it's been lowered, perfect candidate for an LS swap. i have my eye on an 02 LS1 but i'm a few hundred short. hopefully the guy will have it by time i come up with the rest. i have a ton of questions for you but won't ask them till i have the motor, LOL!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Hey, how are things? Of course the first concern is that the family is doing well, but if they are, then I'm guessing you may have been in the garage a little lately?

I was really wondering a couple of things about your rear-mount setup: First, I was wondering if you had any idea on the stats for the hot side of your turbo? I'm guessing it's a T4, but the A/R and exducer diameter of the wheel would be handy...

Secondly, I'm guessing your exhaust setup was a 3" tube, and that you simply kept the 3" tubing up to where the rear turbo was, cut that off and replaced with a turbo? I'm trying to figure a couple things out for a setup I want to do this spring/summer, and I think I want to use either a 2.25" or 2.5" tubing setup to keep exhaust gas velocity high back to the turbo.

Third, did you wrap your exhaust back to the turbo?

And finally, what size tubing did you use on the cold side, was it aluminum, and did you use an intercooler?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjabo
Hey, how are things? Of course the first concern is that the family is doing well, but if they are, then I'm guessing you may have been in the garage a little lately?

I was really wondering a couple of things about your rear-mount setup: First, I was wondering if you had any idea on the stats for the hot side of your turbo? I'm guessing it's a T4, but the A/R and exducer diameter of the wheel would be handy...

Secondly, I'm guessing your exhaust setup was a 3" tube, and that you simply kept the 3" tubing up to where the rear turbo was, cut that off and replaced with a turbo? I'm trying to figure a couple things out for a setup I want to do this spring/summer, and I think I want to use either a 2.25" or 2.5" tubing setup to keep exhaust gas velocity high back to the turbo.

Third, did you wrap your exhaust back to the turbo?

And finally, what size tubing did you use on the cold side, was it aluminum, and did you use an intercooler?

Thanks!
.96ar t4, it was the china turbo they call "godzilla". i have 3" back to the turbo but i think 2.5" would perform the same. might give up a slight amount of power and gain a slight amount of spool time. i didn't wrap anything, dont know if that would help but i have done it before on cars and didn't like the way it looked.

i ran 2.5" from the front to the back and no intercooler. i am running e85.

my next steps if i keep working on the car will be a serious fuel system, maybe an intercooler and add boost till something breaks or the turbo runs out. i wouldn't be surprised if this turbo ran out before reaching 700rwhp and my tranny or rear might give out before that.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Sweet Build! My wifes car is an is300, I love how it handles. With the ls1 in yours how does your car handle? Not sure How much wieght gain or weight transfer the ls effects it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

.96ar t4, it was the china turbo they call "godzilla". i have 3" back to the turbo but i think 2.5" would perform the same. might give up a slight amount of power and gain a slight amount of spool time. i didn't wrap anything, dont know if that would help but i have done it before on cars and didn't like the way it looked.

i ran 2.5" from the front to the back and no intercooler. i am running e85.

my next steps if i keep working on the car will be a serious fuel system, maybe an intercooler and add boost till something breaks or the turbo runs out. i wouldn't be surprised if this turbo ran out before reaching 700rwhp and my tranny or rear might give out before that.
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by LS2GS
Sweet Build! My wifes car is an is300, I love how it handles. With the ls1 in yours how does your car handle? Not sure How much wieght gain or weight transfer the ls effects it.
the car lost around 20lbs with the swap and i am 99% sure the 4l60e is heavier than the lexus tranny. that means it lost 20lbs but also moved some weight off the front and to the middle.

that being said i dont get too nuts around corners but the car is a blast to hang the tail out for fun
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
single digit dreamer

i decided to put the car up for sale if anyone is interested. it is in the for sale section.

i did get some pics of the rear mount set up. >> http://neufamily.org/images/is570tgallery/index_8.htm

Old 09-27-2018, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Solute to an OG...

Andrew

Quick Reply: is300 swap