Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Wont start?

hey guys im pretty much in the midst of my LSX swap on my 2000 S10 pickup. i did the harness myself and followed every step on LT1SWAP on which wires to keep/remove. im pretty confident in my wiring and paid close attention to the C2 pins when re-pinning the C2 connector. the motor has about 58-60 psi of fuel pressure but i know for a fact that the injectors are not pulsing because i don't smell any fuel on the plugs when i pulled them. the weird part is that just about an hour ago i unplugged the injectors and placed the probes of my Multi-meter in each terminal. i get 12.1v if i ground the meter on the frame while the HOT/ positive probe remains in the positive (pink wire) of the injector and i get 12.1 volts with key in RUN/Crank position while im cranking with the prbes on the postive and negative of the INJECTOR. the voltage fluctuates while im cranking, so the crank sensor must be working... i swapped it out to be safe though. i also placed the probes in the ignition coil (i am supposed to test the PINK wire and BLACK wire correct?) that also gets 12.1v in RUN position and CRANK( fluctuation also.) i am so stumped. BUT my PCM hasn't been tuned and VATS hasn't been removed yet . from my understanding, it should still atleast fire though. all the voltage looks good! I boiled the injectors in hot water last night just to make sure they werent stuck. i swapped the last set out just to rule mechanical failure out.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its vats , get it tuned out by a competent tuner and ill bet she fires , have a buddy shoot allitle start fluid while your cranking if it starts ill bet it is the vats , the pulse is on the ground side of the injectors .
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea its trying to catch with the starter fluid. im not getting any fuel past the injectors though lol. can i squirt gas in the intake ports just to make it catch, it will make me feel a ton better if just hear this thing rev before today. its taking all the wind out of my sails
Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain dude went thru the exact same thing 2 weeks ago , my computer was back to 2 different tuners 4 times , thats 4 weeks of down time due to vats , it was my first install of an ls , it would run if my buddy sprayed start fluid while i worked the throtle , current performane finaly got me running and she screams now , vats is a pain .
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about the cam sensor?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got one doing the same thing. Ive got two different pcm's that have the vats removed. I know for a fact that one runs fine. Cranks over fine and all voltage checks out.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue on my swap. I followed lt1swap and rechecked everything I could think of about 5 times, drove me nuts. Turned out the pin out on lt1swap was not the right one for my specific year computer.

Look here on tech and find the specific pin out for your computer and recheck every pin (I ended up pulling my harness apart and going pin by pin). After that fired right up and has run like a beast since.

VATS is the other issue, but I knew mine had been taken care of by my tuner.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 2003 LQ9 and Ive done several of the harness re-wires. This is the first one Ive had trouble out of. I took the harness back off and looked at all the pins again and double checked the grounds. It primes the pump when the key is first turned on and after releasing the switch from the crank position. Driving me crazy!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had the same issue, my damn engine wouldnt turn off when i turned the key off either!!! the problem was that i ran a seperate 12v wire that was SWITCHED to the fuel pump relay which was totally unneccessary. everytime i removed the fuel pump relay, everything worked perfect. oh guys i think i forgot to leave this here!! it was the VATS. got my computer from frost and it cranked right up!

Quick Reply: Wont start?