Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm

Hey guys done a few ls1 swaps before but always had the correct harness to match the engine and wiring was very simple. I came into a project at this newer shop and some guy wired up the engine with a truck harness that was all cut up and what not had no spark and no injector pulse, I checked all the pins in the ecu for power and checked all the plugs on the engine for power/ground and everything checked out anyways trashed that harness (full of harbor freight junk connectors and house electrical nuts and owner supplied a 2001 camaro harness (he thinks), there are 5 body connectors 2 10 pins with water seals, 1 8 pin with a water seal, and then 2 that go behind fire wall that are blue and white, with out cutting anything I just shoved in some wires to the connectors for power and ground turned on the fuel pump manually, and the thing fired up, map only waiting on the maf, there were a bunch of vacuum leaks and the throttle response was very poor not sure if it was the leaks or no maf or a combination.

Anyways getting ready to properly wire the thing up and I have a few connectors that I can't identify, I have figured out the three wire maf/mas connector and the 4 4 wire o2 sensor connectors, but there are 7 engine connectors I can't identify and then 2 other connectors on an extension from the main harness that are next to the downstream o2 sensors, one is a big round female gray connector (auto trans?) and a small 2 pin black connector with a green blk stripe and brown wht stripe (might be purple), I know I can trace all the wires back to pins on the ecu but I'd like to identify them before I remove all the split insulation and make a mess.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Ok well this photo uploaded is giving me funny buisness and pls don't tell me go use the function I've spent at least 6 hours looking related harness info, maybe we can figure out exactly what harness this is take a photo of each connector with identification and sticky it, the only thing I've found close to This is a 2004 Gti harness laid out with connectors numbered but no close ups with individual connector and wire color, I found wire color and a picture of related sensors On a website but only for a few main sensors

The photo with missing seal is on the same leg of the harness as the 3 pin maf connector and has a tan and purple wire (iat?)

Photo with gray connector and dual snaps has a black and a green wire and is located up near throttle body and is on the end of the leg that connects the passenger side injectors
Attached Thumbnails Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpeg   Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Only wants to let me upload one or two photos at a time this one is on the same leg as the above gray with 2 snaps connector and has 5 wires from socket A to E we have white black brown white red, was thinking this could be for drive by wire?
Attached Thumbnails Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpeg  
Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Teching In

This is a white/ tan connector on the leg with driver side injectors its got a thick gauge Orange wire and a brown with black stripe
Attached Thumbnails Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpeg  
Old 05-24-2016, 02:16 PM
Teching In

This red connector is right next to the above tan connector but closer to the front of the engine and has a pink wire and a green with white stripe

ITS EVAP PURGE
Attached Thumbnails Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpg  

Last edited by Vipergt; 05-24-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Found answer
Old 05-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Connector i described in first post on the leg with rear o2 sensors and big round gray plug, plug in photo is black has green with black stripe and a brown / purple with white strip possible this is the speed sensor?
Attached Thumbnails Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm-image.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Last post This is a three wire plug with purple in a socket gray in b socket and red with blk stripe in bottom hole socket c I pressume, This connector is located with in 8 inches of the red ecu plug and extends another 8 inches on its own leg from the harness, looks exactly like the plug used on the pressure sensors, there's also that vacuum line that pops into the harness near the rear of the intake manifold and pops out in the leg that has the 2 interior body plugs possibly for vacuum controlled a/c flaps? And finally there is 2 wires brown and black with white stripe that are in the leg of the starter solenoid and passenger front o2 sensor, the plug was cut off so I have no idea what it's for. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Teching In

73 views and no ideas ???? Hahah
Old 05-24-2016, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vipergt
Ok well this photo uploaded is giving me funny buisness and pls don't tell me go use the function I've spent at least 6 hours looking related harness info, maybe we can figure out exactly what harness this is take a photo of each connector with identification and sticky it, the only thing I've found close to This is a 2004 Gti harness laid out with connectors numbered but no close ups with individual connector and wire color, I found wire color and a picture of related sensors On a website but only for a few main sensors

The photo with missing seal is on the same leg of the harness as the 3 pin maf connector and has a tan and purple wire (iat?)

Photo with gray connector and dual snaps has a black and a green wire and is located up near throttle body and is on the end of the leg that connects the passenger side injectors
The one by the MAF connector is the iat. The dual snap connector looks like the ac compressor connector.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Connector i described in first post on the leg with rear o2 sensors and big round gray plug, plug in photo is black has green with black stripe and a brown / purple with white strip possible this is the speed sensor?
Vss connector
Old 05-24-2016, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Last post This is a three wire plug with purple in a socket gray in b socket and red with blk stripe in bottom hole socket c I pressume, This connector is located with in 8 inches of the red ecu plug and extends another 8 inches on its own leg from the harness, looks exactly like the plug used on the pressure sensors, there's also that vacuum line that pops into the harness near the rear of the intake manifold and pops out in the leg that has the 2 interior body plugs possibly for vacuum controlled a/c flaps? And finally there is 2 wires brown and black with white stripe that are in the leg of the starter solenoid and passenger front o2 sensor, the plug was cut off so I have no idea what it's for. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!
A/c pressure sensor and the vacuum supply for the hvac actuators. It connects to the small nipple on the back of the intake by the brake booster vacuum supply and map sensor. Might be the vacuum leak you're after if it isn't capped.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Still trying to find the 5 pin connector I'm thinking its egr from pin outs

Last edited by Vipergt; 05-24-2016 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Mis spelling

Quick Reply: Connector iden 5.3/4.8 with 99-01 camaro harness, psi ecm