Sponsored by:

Sacrilegious's V8 Rx7 Feed Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sacrilegious's V8 Rx7 Feed Project

Right then Guy's

I thought i better start a build thread on here, as I am on here often and although I'm not able to contribute much in terms of mechanical knowledge I can at least share my project
So I never actually intended to purchase this car, as I already have a LS3 FD which i have had a long term love hate relationship with, but is now running lovely.... I saw this on RX7 club and thought it will get snapped up in a few days ......

Super rare collector car - FEED AFFLUX V.5 Widebody RX-7 built by Fujita Engineering. 1 of 12 ever produced. 1 of only 3 outside of Japan. It doesn't get any more rare than this. I imported this car to Canada from Tokyo, Japan in Oct 2016.
If you've ever dreamed about owning one of these exclusive JDM Legends, now's your chance!
The widebody kit would cost over $30,000 CAD to purchase and import, and at least another $20,000 CAD in body work and paint. Innocent Blue Mica finish - arguably the most beautiful factory 99-Spec RX-7 colours.
One of the cleanest examples of an RX-7 you will ever find today. It's a newer year 2000 model with only 38,000 km (~24,000 miles).
This car has been very well taken care of. Engine starts up every time cold or hot without hesitation. No exhaust smoke. Never flooded.
No rust - very clean underbody. Oil freshly changed with Castrol GTX 10W-30.

Well over $60,000 CAD worth of upgrades (not including the price of the car itself). All GENUINE parts listed below.
Have a look at Fujita Engineering to see what the price of these parts are.

FEED AFFLUX V.5 Widebody Kit
FEED AFFLUX Carbon Side Steps
FEED AFFLUX GT II-R Wing (made to order)
FEED AFFLUX Aero Mirrors
FEED AFFLUX Under Panel
FEED Battery Tie
FEED Carbon Door Cover
FEED Sonic AS-V Exhaust
FEED GT Intercooler Kit
FEED Throttle Body Elbow
FEED Radiator
FEED Air Separation Tank
Advan RS-D 20" Wheels
Yokohama Advan Sport Tires
APEX'i RX-6 Turbo
APEX'i Power Intake Air Filter
APEX'i Power FC ECU
APEX'i N1 Evo Coilovers
ADVANCE Black High Output Alternator
Aluminum Scuff Plates
AutoExe Lower Member Brace
Brembo GT Front Brakes
Blitz SBC i-color Boost Controller
HKS Twin Power Ignition Amplifyer
NGK Platinum 9 Spark Plugs
ODYSSEY LB925 AGM Battery
SARD Fuel Regulator
Greddy Pulley Kit
Recaro SR3 Seats (Tomcat Edition)
Suntek Carbon Tint 35%
Clarion VX400 Stereo with USB input
Earthing Kit

Full advert:

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...x-7-a-1118104/

So anyway after a few weeks of keeping my eye on it, it hadn't sold, and I couldn't stop thinking about a darn thing and an especially drunk day I made an offer (my wedding day - I kid not) by the end of the day I was married and the deal was done........ the new wifey was not best pleased but i promised to not spend a penny (cent) until the LS3 FD was sold.

After about a month and 30% import and tax (thieving bastards) the car was mine so i took it to get the rotary engine checked out to see if it could be sold, took this to Dynotorque who will be doing the Conversion

So after some good reading the 13B rotary was whipped out and sold,

So the plans.......

Engine wise

LT4 (6.2 supercharged) Gen 5 and a 10 Speed auto from a ZL1 drop. Craig thinks that it will fit with the eaton supercharger . However should the there not be enough clearance, I will go for a Procharger F1-A94 (probably the long term plan anyway)

I am hoping that the Ls3 FD sells before the whole pending Brexit fiasco and the GBP hits the deck and i can hunt a complete dropout down

Chassis Wise

I will be going for a Ronin Speedworks rear end ford 8.8 IRS with a Carbon Diff probably Osgikin (as the current Kaaz unit although great on the track does sound like a bag of spanners when going slow on the LS3 FD)

http://www.roninspeedworks.net/index...&product_id=88

Wheels

The Advan RS-D 20" Wheels will be going and 18" miester works will be coming in with a 12F 13.5R width, will probably end up going to Driftworks to get measured up to make sure nothing rubs with R888's and slicks on the track.

Cheers Neil
Old 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Before selling the LS3 FD i stole some choice pieces off it many the Brembo Big brake kit and the Racelogic traction control kit

For those interested here is the old whip.......

The following users liked this post:
DualQuadDave (12-23-2023)
Old 01-15-2019, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those are both sweet looking FDs, buddy of mine has an LS3 swapped one, but in yellow. One of 300 or something like that, it's crazy to drive though. Hope that the LT4 swap goes smooth, that'll be a crazy car to drive. If the 13b was working ok, why get rid of it right away? You know it won't last forever, ride it till it dies, then that lets you save up and gets you time for your wife to get used to the idea.

Off topic, whereabouts do you live in England, I've spent some time in the East Midlands myself.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Red89GTA
Those are both sweet looking FDs, buddy of mine has an LS3 swapped one, but in yellow. One of 300 or something like that, it's crazy to drive though. Hope that the LT4 swap goes smooth, that'll be a crazy car to drive. If the 13b was working ok, why get rid of it right away? You know it won't last forever, ride it till it dies, then that lets you save up and gets you time for your wife to get used to the idea.

Off topic, whereabouts do you live in England, I've spent some time in the East Midlands myself.
Thanks chap, Ha yeah they can be a handful, with right tires and suspension they can be a right weapon. Well hopefully with that transmission and racelogic we can tame it. Well it was an automatic, strangely , not sure why anyone would choose the old 4 speed auto to put this kit on. One of the reasons I got it for a good price I suspect, I would have converted to manual, but it's just wasted money in my opinion. Besides I've gotten used to torque..... 😁 And it was worth a decent amount with the turbo kit with its good compression.

I live in Leicestershire.

Thanks Neil

Old 01-17-2019, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 530 Likes on 334 Posts

That is a super cool looking body kit. I've always like the FD RX7, just a great looking body style.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

cant wait to see the results.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

verynice
Old 01-02-2024, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

@@bobcratch Have you thought about how you are going to shift the transmission? If you have any questions we have you covered and we do have a couple different options for you depending on what you want. Here is our website https://shiftworks.com/, Also feel free to PM me or Email me, support@shiftworks.com
The following users liked this post:
Project GatTagO (01-02-2024)