Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/4L60E into 67 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well done! Nice project.
It's so cool reading you are driving it everywhere, most people don't take their projects out 'till it's all painted and shiny. -cuz they wont look cool-

I'm tired of glossy perfect paint jobs!

Leave it like that, don't paint it. I'll do the same with my 68 Firebird.

This is also a cool car:

Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

LSfan70s,
thanks for the kind words and yes I will drive the hell out of it the way she looks now, but ultimately, she will sport a straight body and nice shiny paint. I like nice paint, but to me, paint doesn't make the ride. Some people will look at my chevelle and their first thought is "what a piece of *****", while others who know that the amount of work I have put into it has made it a good foundation for the future. My car is all brand new from the frame up to just short of the sheet metal . A couple more patch panels, rims I like and a shiteload of elbow grease and she will also look good too.

I have painted one car and don't know if I want to do it again. I may just do all the body work and give it to someone to squirt.

As for the car in the pic above, uhhhhhhh........... , nice ride.

Rob

Last edited by robbied31; 12-04-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, we can do a matched 67 tour . one hardtop and one convertible both in prime for a while . JOHN
Old 12-04-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

How bad is to keep a car on prime? Is it enoguh to not get it all rusty for a while.

Hey John, cool sig: "MEASURE ONCE BUY TWICE", ha ha ha... funny sarcasm!

About the ride on the pics, that's Peter Steele's car, inspired by trains and poisonous animals, lol:

Last edited by LSfan70s; 12-04-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any updates ?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Yo John,
Sorry but there are no updates whatsoever. Everything is exactly as it was a few months ago. I have changed the all settings in PCM for the LS1 intake and the LS1 Injectors which made it run better. I don't know how close to how it "should" run I am. I bought the Greg Banish DVD on tuning to learn how to do this. I just copied and pasted LS1 info into my LQ4 PCM. I need to rebuild the rear end, it is howling a little bit, never heard it until [of course] I got it on the road and then got the exhaust done. I had been driving it qutie a bit in the summer and fall, but now that it is cold and wet outside, I haven't driven it much lately.

I need to get on aligning panels, rubber seal kit [it gets windy in there : ) ] interior and body work. I've got the heater working, but not the AC yet. Big swap meet here in the valley this weekend. I hadn't done any work on it for months, but walking around the swap meet has given me a little motivation and of course I had to buy a few things. We will be moving soon, so don't knnow if anything will happen in the coming months.

How bout you John, how's things coming on yours?

Rob
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just chipping away , got all the ac hoses, heater hoses and rad. hoses finished, installed radio , started on getting the power top squared away. shopping for wheels and tires , Hope you get back to it soon. JOHN
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

what power steering lines did you have made....(the size of the fittings).....im trying to figure out the correct sizes right now on my build......(I cant figure out what the factory gm steering box sizes are....)

thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took an end from my steering box and an end from the l s power steering pump and had a local shop mate them together with a hose, JOHN
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

70cartruck,
I had an earls AN type fitting that is made with the proper thread to fit the GM high pressure side [5/8-18 I believe], attached to some earl's high pressure stainless braided teflon tubing [the fittings and hose are different than the normal AN ends and stainless braided rubber tubing] and an earl's metric fitting attached to the pump end of the tubing. A guy at our local hot rod shop did it for me.

Rob
Old 02-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Launching!

I use the fitting from S & P they habe a complete kit ,pretty pricey but less Headache looking for fitting
Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Lots of work and usefull information.

THanks for posting all your progress and insites.

I'm putting a 4.8 with truck pan in a 67 CHevelle Wagon. It clears the frame fine. I'm not

lowering the car much so ground clearance won't be a problem.

Steering is a problem up front on the pan.

I'm going to look into using a drop Idler arm and Pitman arm to get it down. I'll remove

that front lip on the frame. I think this will sove the steering to pan problems.

I don't think it'll hurt my bump steer. I'll let you know how that turns out.
~Scott
Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

how did the headers work out after the new frame fix and new mounts ?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 481 Likes on 332 Posts

Any more updates???

You wont believe what happened to the truck... My buddy decided it would be cheaper to rebuild it then to buy one. So with my help he put the whole thing back together.... You wouldnt even know it was the same truck.... It was costly but still not as expensive as get a comprable truck in good shape.

How did you like the tuning DVD from Greg?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

So the truck is on the road? Awesome! I am glad to hear that!
The tuning dvd taught me how to change the proper tables needed due to the LS1 intake and injectors. I still need to get it dialed in, runs great though.

the headers are close to the floor. Passenger side floor gets hot. We don't have any interior in yet.

No updates, been driving it quite a bit. Need to get a rubber kit, interior, spare tire and jack so the kid can start driving it. After all that, it is time for body work and paint. Pretty low on funds for now though.

Rob
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by robbied31
So the truck is on the road? Awesome! I am glad to hear that!
The tuning dvd taught me how to change the proper tables needed due to the LS1 intake and injectors. I still need to get it dialed in, runs great though.

the headers are close to the floor. Passenger side floor gets hot. We don't have any interior in yet.

No updates, been driving it quite a bit. Need to get a rubber kit, interior, spare tire and jack so the kid can start driving it. After all that, it is time for body work and paint. Pretty low on funds for now though.

Rob
Ya still has a few things to fix here and there but he's been using it. I was thinking about buying that dvd. Also looking into going to the EFI university tuning class in temecula.

So did you guys end up moving?

I know how the whole funding thing is. I didn't actaually start my 55 project until 2005 when I saved up enough to buy all the main expesive parts to build the chassis. Once I got all those parts and put the chassis under it and started the cage I ran out of money to do the Interior sheet metal. I Had to trade that truck to my buddy, and help him fix it, just so I could get my 55 back into his shop. Its been there since september 09 and he's barely started working on it again. Hopefully next week I will get a chance to build the 9 inch housing for it. I beleive I finally tracked down an 80E to go behind the 6.0 I have for the 55. Gonna use a stock harness to get everything running. then I will Get a custom made one once every thing is in., finalized and working. Once I get more progress I will start a thread.

Glad to see your still at it. I can't wait to see more updates when you get to them. staying tuned!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Does anybody have picture for a 67 chevelle fuse block??
Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Cool project, I'm starting on my '67 El - Co TT LS3. Ill keep you posted.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Default As She sits today

It has been far too long for an update........
These are pics I took today with new wheels and tires I got this morning.

She's come a long way and this forum taught me how to do all of it.

Rob
Old 09-27-2015, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good!!!

I was wondering what happened to this project.

We still have the "donor truck" and use it as a shop truck.

Quick Reply: LQ4/4L60E into 67 Chevelle