Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/4L60E into 67 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jomomma
wow, i must say you have done one hell of a good job there! thats a big job, stay on it! looking great.
Thanks jomomma. What's up with your project????

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Looks like they may have used some chicken wire too... at least these parts are avalible for your chevelle. When I had my 65 I could not get the rear sheet metal to fit right. come to find out It took a nice shoot in the back and the rear brace was bent in and up ward. I searched all over high and low for about 3 years and eventually ended up fabricating something similar. Same with the side drop off's were they conected to the center brace and quarter panel skin... I loved the styling of it but the lack of avalible parts at the time sure was agravating!

Glad to see you have some time to work on and up date this project! Looking good!
They used anything and everything. If I had to fab any of this, I would be here for decades...... It is quickly becoming time to lose the donor. are you still interested? PM if so.

Late,

Rob
Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 432 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by robbied31
Thanks jomomma. What's up with your project????

They used anything and everything. If I had to fab any of this, I would be here for decades...... It is quickly becoming time to lose the donor. are you still interested? PM if so.

Late,

Rob
Yes, still interested. just sent you a PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

i finally got off the crazy hours i was working! i will hopefully get started back on it this weekend. i picked up a few more parts, fuel tank, motor mounts, haeders, etc. hopefully i will have something to post this weekend. ive been steadily been trying to work out some bugs on my procharged 79 c10. between chasing down electrical problems and destroying a rearend. ive more than had my hands full!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Looking good man its crazy what some people will do in an ill attempt to fix rust. Glad to see you are getting it done right now and it will last for years to come. I did those exact same quarter patch panels on my chevelle and they turned out really well.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Been getting a little done here and there....
a few pics of my Spectra EFI tank from rockauto.com

Installed....

Frankenstein in progress.......

Then I realized I didn't have enough room for tranny cooling lines, so now we have cyclopse..... Carpet and a custom console ought to hide this.

Few minor pieces and welding left on the tunnel.

Almost have the money saved up to buy front disc brake conversion kit and front end rebuild kit.
Need to plumb for gas, plumb for brakes, convert brakes, rebuild front end, wire car, install and plumb radiator, pull engine and trans and button everything up for final install, buy dipstick and tube.........

I don't know what i am going to do for a shifter. I would like to use one on the tunnel, but not sure how to accomplish this. Is there any after market shifters I can incorporate into a custom console out there?

Rob

Last edited by robbied31; 06-14-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: more to write......
Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

all i can say is WOW! that is a whole lot of fab work,theres like a perfect outline of an auto transmission in your floorboard. i love it! i think you can find a cable driven shifter to fit what ever console you decide to go with.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob, I have been following your project from time to time... seem like your doing well and learning alot for the other guys here.. Maybe once you get your project started and you start making the round at the shows and hang out.. we can meet up to check out each others swap !.

Seem you have come along way from the VW in a short time, good going.. (good job on that VW too!).
Old 06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

all i can say is WOW! that is a whole lot of fab work,theres like a perfect outline of an auto transmission in your floorboard. i love it! i think you can find a cable driven shifter to fit what ever console you decide to go with.

What are you thinkin'? who makes after market cable driven shifters? I think the console I make will be built around the shifter and the tunnel.

Originally Posted by bczee
Seem you have come along way from the VW in a short time, good going..
Come on, don't be bashin the bug That is my pride and joy. To date, I have a hell of a lot more fab work into the bug. That thing came home in much worse condition than the Chevelle..... I am pretty sure that we all know what is going to be the pride and joy in the near future though.......

I would love to see your car now!! When is the next show you're takin' your car to?

Rob
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Teching In

This is in a 70 Chevelle, 2000 MonteCarlo seats with 99-2000 Camaro
console and shifter.
The only thing that might take some modifying is the hand operated e-brake.

hope this helps,
Malcolm
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, was not bashing the Bug, It was mean to be a compliment on your skill of wrenching, sorry if my word didn't come aross better.
And for the Record, I think bugs are cool, I have many memory of me and my friends cruising around in them for years, one was a supercharged backin late 60's early 70's, he still has it in storage.. My Neighboor had about 5 bugs and wagon that he has restored and modified, one of them goes 11's.

My Chevelle is at the Paint shop cause I got hit by some road trash. But I should be at the Pinolem show, "Cruising in the Sun" Show June 28 as long as it gets done in time, Can't rush a painter...
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
Hey, was not bashing the Bug, It was mean to be a compliment on your skill of wrenching, sorry if my word didn't come aross better.
And for the Record, I think bugs are cool, I have many memory of me and my friends cruising around in them for years, one was a supercharged backin late 60's early 70's, he still has it in storage.. My Neighboor had about 5 bugs and wagon that he has restored and modified, one of them goes 11's.

My Chevelle is at the Paint shop cause I got hit by some road trash. But I should be at the Pinolem show, "Cruising in the Sun" Show June 28 as long as it gets done in time, Can't rush a painter...
hehehe,
I took it as a compliment. I was just playin' around.....
Sorry to hear about the car. I searched for Pinolem but came up with nothing. Where is the show?

Rob
Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry... typo thre..... it is "Pinole", off of Hwy 80 just south of Hwy 4....
http://www.northerncaliforniacruisers.com/
Old 06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Unfinished Tunnel....

Out with the old....

Stripped down....

Ready for front end rebuild kit and drum to disk conversion..... Have all the parts here except the upper ball joints that were back ordered....

And the beat goes on.......

Rob
Old 06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

looking good! i bet you cant wait to drive this car!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Yo Jomomma,

The sooner I get it done, the more I get to drive it before my kid turns 16 and takes it away from me!!! I am dyin' to fire this thing up and drive it!

Rob
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

In with the new.....

All new bushings and ball joints in control arms [ordered wrong size lower control arm bushings to begin with ....], Summit drum to disk conversion with 2" dropped spindles, power booster, new master...

new outer and inner tie rods and adjusters.

fuel plumbed up to engine compartment....

All new brake lines front to back and rear drums rebuilt [except for one part to finish passenger rear drum...]....

It's been a good productive week!!!

Rob
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

you may want to think about converting the rear drums to discs in the future. brp sells the brackets cheap. all you gotta do is come up with the calipers and rotors.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
RYU
Staging Lane

you may want to think about converting the rear drums to discs in the future. brp sells the brackets cheap. all you gotta do is come up with the calipers and rotors.
You're talking F-body brake caliper brackets, right?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Just a quick update.
I screwed up when I checked specs on the frame months ago. I didn't get into enough detail and didn't pick up on the fact that the front is tweaked. When I was mocking up the front sheet metal [in preparation to install inner fenders to hang PCM], I found that the front wheels ended up in the fender wells in different spots on each side. After trying to shift body for a week, I bit the bullet and pulled body off frame again. I got into more detail with specs and found the front to be pushed to the passenger side by a half inch and the drivers side of the front to be pushed forward about 7/8 of an inch. I am now looking for a frame shop to fix it. this will no doubt change where the engine mounts on the cross member which will cause all kinds of adjustments.

I can't believe I didn't catch it the first time.

Rob
Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Yikes man I am sorry to hear that lets us know how it goes. Hopefully you can find a frame shop that will fix it right and it will be good to go.

Quick Reply: LQ4/4L60E into 67 Chevelle