Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fuel system ?'s and options

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the jegs guys about it when I bought mine and he said that it was rated for gas line but after some tracks stopped letting people race with push-loc line for the fuel lines they removed the rating.. the tracks had some concerns that they the lines would fail over time..
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Earlier in the post it was stated that you are allowed no more than 12" of rubber hose. How does rubber hose rule differ from the way more than 12" of plastic hose from the factory.

Is the rubber line issue at the tracks' discretion, or an all over thing?

It figures I recently trashed most of the original steel lines in my bird in preparation for a single run of the Aeroquip
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Teching In

I was going for a stock look on my conversion and used the Dorman push connect fittings just like the one in the picture. Dorman makes a kit they call a fuel hose repair kit which has the plastic fuel line, fittings, and the tool to press the fittings into the hose. The resulting fuel lines look just like the ones I had in my 99 Z28. I figured if it was good enough for GM, it was good enough for me.

I also made the correct flares on the hard lines with a flaring tool made by Mastercool. Snap-on sells the same one, but at a much higher price.

So far, no leaks, no problems.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Omega
Earlier in the post it was stated that you are allowed no more than 12" of rubber hose. How does rubber hose rule differ from the way more than 12" of plastic hose from the factory.

Is the rubber line issue at the tracks' discretion, or an all over thing?

It figures I recently trashed most of the original steel lines in my bird in preparation for a single run of the Aeroquip
I think it is at the tracks discretion. The local track Track here I do not see it being a problem but then again I have not been yet. so we will see I know the guy that does the tech inspection there so I will ask.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had good luck with Summit 3/8" steel line (very cheap...cheaper than FI rubber hose) and compression fittings. For the fast disconnect, I found a factory piece of line that had the end and just used a compression fitting to connect that whole piece of line to my fresh steel line.

Only places I used fuel injected rubber line are: prepump filter to fuel pump, fuel pump to corvette regulator, and 5/16" return line from regulator to tank.

It was very cost effective and does its job perfectly well.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fuel

I was looking for factory style fuel connectors.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fuel supplier

I found this one and bought some lines here.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep same here... I used pure choice fittings...

http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com...rod/prd181.htm
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for a cheap and easy line setup look into the LT-1 stuff. The fuel lines off of the Caprices, Buicks, Impalas along with the Camaros have the quick-disconnect high pressure factory plastic lines that can be easily routed. They cannot be fixed you can pick them up for about $10 at the yards and they work great.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickbat
Yep same here... I used pure choice fittings...

http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com...rod/prd181.htm
What size AN fittings are those on the other side?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shawn MacAnanny
What size AN fittings are those on the other side?
Should be -6 AN(3/8") supply fitting size & -5 AN(5/16") return fitting size. For the most part, all fittings are the same sizes on both ends, no matter what the brand or type. If a fitting is 1/2" on one side, then it will always be 1/2" on the other side, no matter if its pipe, flare, AN, male, female...whatever...fittings are generally the same at both ends. It is an unusual fitting that is a different size at either end. These are usually called "adapter" fittings in the business. Just a FYI.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

By the way, "Push-Lok" hose, such as offered by Eaton-AeroQuip, should never be used with any other brand or type of fittings, other than Eaton-AeroQuip brand fittings. There are numerous reasons why this is, its simply not marketing or liability. I would not recommend mix-matching other brands as well. Push-Lok hose of any brand should'nt be hose clamped onto a plastic fitting, as it will collapse the fitting, as this type of hose was designed for use with brass, stainless, or steel fittings only. Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i wasnt sure if they were a different size. I have 10an-1/2" adapters on my remote oil filter setup. Thanks though I'm running 3/8" hardline for the feed and 5/16" for the return

Quick Reply: More fuel system ?'s and options