Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brp vs edelbrock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obfpd172
After reading the post I am still confused on what combination will work in my 64 chevelle. It sounds like the f-body oil pan will not work, but maybe a cts oil pan will. Is this right. This is for the Edelbrock mounts. I have a 99 ls1 from a camaro with all the accessories. Can anyone confirm this
The f-body pan will not work, it will hit your crossmember. My 64 is going with edelbrock adapter plates with edelbrock headers and milodon oil pan. Everyone goes different routes lh8/autokraft/S&P modified. If you are using edelbrock plates go off their recommendation. There was a tech from Edelbrock on here I forgot his User ID however..Someone can chime in
Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 AM

Default G bod

Ok, so for my 85 Monte SS....is it the same thoughts with BRP or do I go with someone else?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confused about what fits

Has anyone used the CTS-V oil pan with the edelbrock kit in a 68-72 pontiac? I feel like I saw on the forums that some people have, but the guy at edelbrock told me that he tried that pan and it did not fit. I would like to use the autokraft pan, but I have been waiting for over a month and the guy is back ordered. I would like to avoid the milidon pan because it is expensive and doesn't seem to have the level of engineering to justify its price.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Here is a new option that will be available soon. Expensive, but probably cheaper in the long run.

http://jzmotorworks.com/LS1Pan.html

Quick Reply: brp vs edelbrock?