Sponsored by:

Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses

What are you guys using?

With some searching, I've found people using/suggesting these, but I think they are only being used in car swaps..

Gates lower:22437 and upper:20577 and 23184
Dayco - upper:71132

The other day I bought radiator hoses for an 02? Vette and they no workie. The lower might if I 'adjusted' it. The upper might as well. The only problem on the upper is it's made for a forward facing water port on the engine, mine is out the top - so possible kink there. The radiator hose jacket is also too far off center, so the hose would need to be 'pulled'.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 334 Likes on 245 Posts

Default hoses

For the bottom I had to cut two hoses to make one. Made a steel sleeve to fit inside both hoses.

I also used a CSR thermostat housing to get the inlet facing straight out.

The top hose I just did the "stand and look" at the NAPA store till I found one that worked. I didn't save the number. It was one of their stock hoses.

I'm using a Novak alum radiator.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

The lower hose I found a good one today, but after 6 trips (10 miles each way), I still can't find one that I like for the top hose. The one I have right now is very close and probably would work if I put a coil inside to keep it from collapsing on the bends...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought about 4 hoses and spliced them together. Made the best fit, plus it was cheaper than buying that crappy flex hose. Just go to the autoparts store and ask if you can go look at their wall of hoses, you will be able to get a feel of what you can splice together to make it work(take some measurements with you)

take your time with something like this! you def. dont want anything that will restrict flow or end up looking bad for when you show it off
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I just bought about 4 hoses and spliced them together. Made the best fit, plus it was cheaper than buying that crappy flex hose. Just go to the autoparts store and ask if you can go look at their wall of hoses, you will be able to get a feel of what you can splice together to make it work(take some measurements with you)

take your time with something like this! you def. dont want anything that will restrict flow or end up looking bad for when you show it off
Absolutely! But that's kind of why I don't want to splice them, either.

If I'm splicing, I believe the hose I have now would work well to just cut in half so it can rotate the ends to fit better. As it is right now, it wants to sit on top of the intake tube, which is way above the radiator and I don't want an air gap there. Putting it below the intake, which is below the radiator cap, will work great if I cut it in half to rotate it and then do some minor trimming.

Maybe I'll just do that for now to get it going and etc. and then I can take the modified work down and find one just like it?

The lower hose worked out perfect. Took a little bit off one end - 2-3"? and it fits like a glove. Right size on both ends, too.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hoses

Are you using truck accessory or camaro accessory belt drive?

Big difference on hose routing for the top hose.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JIMB
Are you using truck accessory or camaro accessory belt drive?

Big difference on hose routing for the top hose.
Truck.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

What did you use for a Rad? Post some pics of you can
Old 03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by H8TO WRK
What did you use for a Rad? Post some pics of you can
Advance Adapters HD alum w/SPL fan. I chose them over others, because Vic and the rest of the guys over there are awesome for one, and two, they make some really nice products. If you've ever called and talked to them, you would know what I'm talking about. Very helpful, even if you aren't buying anything. Because of that, and other reasons, I bought just about everything I needed for the swap from them - Radiator, fan, trans/tcase adapter, motor mounts, trans cooler lines, etc.

Last edited by waynehartwig; 03-12-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: removed verbage
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

I see I am swapping in a LS6 into my 97 TJ and I still need a rad. If you get a chance PM me a price for the Advance Adapters HD alum w/SPL fan.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 334 Likes on 245 Posts

Default Rad hoses

The red Wrangler had a 4.8 with truck accessory drive. 4.0 HD radiator. Engine driven fan.

The brown Wrangler has an 6.0 with Camaro accessory drive. Novak radiator and Spal fan.
Attached Thumbnails Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses-dscf0122.jpg   Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses-dscf0222.jpg   Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses-dscf0223.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wrangler LSx Radiator Hoses