Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'72 Nova LQ4/ Richmond 5 speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Skyjacker
does that clip on the hard crossover line or push into the rails?
Crossover line that feeds both fuel injection rails, I believe the 3/8" size is the one I used up on the manifold. Smaller adapter is for return side of Corvette fuel regulator.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

How much clearance do you have between the pan and steering linkage? Do you think your pan and headers would still clear if the engine moved forward 1/2" from where you have it?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Teching In

This fall has been a zoo and I haven't checked in lately.

CopperSS - the pulley came with the power steering pump from Unisteer. It was not in line with the other pulleys when mounted so I had to build some spacers to get everything to line up. It worked but took more time than it should have.

Jimbo 1367 - Thanks for the kind words about the Nova. The mini-tubs are actually pretty straight forward if you are good with a welder. There are a number of picture by picture tutorials floating around on different pro-touring type websites. I don't have a welder and haven't laid a good bead in years so I farmed them out. The big thing about the DSE tubs is that they are not full inner tubs. The only come down to the trunk floor in the back. Key to that is not to remove the entire old tub or you will have a large gap behind the wheel.

Luke - I used the part shown. It is a Russell push connector. It pushes on to the back of the driver's side fuel rail and the plastic clip inside locks it in place. The hardest part I tried finding was a -6 AN fitting to an inverted flare line. I used 3/8" hard line for the majority of the line.

70 Nova SS- I bought the system in 2006 so I can't remember what it cost at the time. Call HTH. Steve (the owner) usually answers and he is super helpful. I usually spend at least 30 minutes on the phone with him, its great to get him talking about his latest projects. Always cool stuff in the works.

The Bandit - The car is in storage for the winter (3-9" of snow in the forecast for Friday). I will try and get out to look at it and take the measurement for the pan/linkage clearance.

I still have a slight leak in the PS system. I had it bleed out and the noise pretty much gone and then one of my fittings/hoses started leaking. I will probably have to have a new hose made but that will wait until the spring.

I ended up with about 1500 miles since June. I still need to work on sealing up the car so it doesn't give me a headache and reek like exhaust but that will hopefully happen when it gets painted next year. My average fuel economy for the 1500 miles was 19.5. Not bad for the way I drove a lot of those miles.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks mike for the response. I appreciate you taking a look if you have the time.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Any updates on this car? Really cool build.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Quick update on the car. I haven't driven it at all this year. It has been in paint jail since last fall. I took it to my in-laws shop and they are working on it in between other jobs. I knew going in that it would be slow going as their shop is a busy place. They do mostly repair and very few complete repaints. I did most of the clean up work and took off all the old paint. I usually make it to the shop once or twice a week.

The car is getting close. It got new rear quarters and outer wheel housings. They fixed the mini-tub job and sealed up most of the seams so I shouldn't get the exhaust or water that I was getting before. We got rid of the body trim on the side and the side marker lights. The only emblem I kept on the car was the "Nova, by Chevrolet" on the deck lid. I re-colored most of the interior and replaced the headliner. I will be doing Dynamat and carpet once I have it back.

It took some time to decide on a color. I wanted something dark but didn't want to just go with one color. I ended up with a 3 tone color scheme. The top is Carbon Flash Metallic, the stripe it Inferno Orange and the bottom is Ashen Gray Metallic. They are all Camaro colors but I think the Gray and Black are also Corvette colors.

Here are some pictures at the shop.
Before going

Old 08-16-2013, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like the color scheme! It looks oddly familiar, in a bizarro backward kind of way...

Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The colors look GREAT!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump for finished pictures??
Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Here are some from last fall when it came home. Then it started snowing so it has been in the garage ever since. The interior is out now because I got carpet for Christmas and just haven't finished getting it in yet.

When I first brought it home it was still missing the quarter windows. The trim for those wasn't in place at the time so I drove it home without the windows. I finally got that window trim and the quarter windows went in.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That paint is badass.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikem77
Any information you could give on that wiper motor setup?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Mikem, what's the PN# on those Edelbrock headers and could you measure the overall width between their widest outside dimension? I'm looking for headers for my Rambler swap and those look like they'll fit but I only have 26" between my frame rails...

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Hey Mikem, what's the PN# on those Edelbrock headers and could you measure the overall width between their widest outside dimension? I'm looking for headers for my Rambler swap and those look like they'll fit but I only have 26" between my frame rails...

Thanks!
Edelbrock no longer makes any LS swap headers.

Andrew
Old 07-26-2014, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Edelbrock no longer makes any LS swap headers.

Andrew
Yeah, thanks. I remember that now, they quit a couple years ago. New thread started...
Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Any more pictures or insight into the Truck Arm install? Exhaust routing?
Old 08-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Looks like he dumped the exhaust in front of the rear tires, so as to avoid issues with the suspension. I, too, am interested in how he liked the truck arm setup, as hotrods to hell is right down the road from us.

Quick Reply: '72 Nova LQ4/ Richmond 5 speed