Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engie harness swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default engie harness swap

I have a 96 firebird with a v6 and i replaced the engine with a ls1 2000 engine and harness. there are 2 plugs left I have no idea what it goes too.

this single purple wire i believe is for the battery and the big plug i have no idea whats it for due to my body on the passenger side has only 2 plugs that are pluged up. so could someone let me know if i was right about the single purple wire and please tell me what is the big plug for. thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ification.html

looks like the starter trigger wire (41) and c100 (45)
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

the 1 wire connector says PED1 and the big connector says PED2 if that helps
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The purple is the starter button, the PED1 PED2 numbers are just packard electronics division markings for the manufacture of the connectors.

I also do not believe you can just connect the plugs, and have everything work correct, you need to verify the pinouts for each. (10 pin connector that is connected, H and J are the same, for both LS1 and LT1/V6 cars, for the high and low speed fan ground circuits)

Ryan

Ryan
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

look on the bright side... you're a lot further than i am with my wiring

Old 04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slow
The purple is the starter button, the PED1 PED2 numbers are just packard electronics division markings for the manufacture of the connectors.

I also do not believe you can just connect the plugs, and have everything work correct, you need to verify the pinouts for each. (10 pin connector that is connected, H and J are the same, for both LS1 and LT1/V6 cars, for the high and low speed fan ground circuits)

Ryan

Ryan
thanks ryan so the purple is the wire that goes to the starter signal side of the starter.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to rain on your parade, but your gonna have to pull the harness back out or at least do some changes to the harness. Although the plugs plug in. The wires are in different locations and circuts are entirely different between the LS1 and LT1. THat purple wire needs to go in the interior to connect to the purple wire in the flat four pin connector under the dash.

Re'
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
I hate to rain on your parade, but your gonna have to pull the harness back out or at least do some changes to the harness. Although the plugs plug in. The wires are in different locations and circuts are entirely different between the LS1 and LT1. THat purple wire needs to go in the interior to connect to the purple wire in the flat four pin connector under the dash.

Re'

ok but my car didnt come with a LT1 it was a v6 3800 and your right i am gonna have to pull it back out and im doing it as we speak.

Quick Reply: engie harness swap