Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford LS2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my fingers crossed also... glad that dash is working !!!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

This is a really cool build and resto......keep up the great work man!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Good News today........Got all the trim and Dash out for paint and talked to the upholstry shop.......I'll be picking the car up next Saturday, it will be finished except for the seats.....which is O.K........That way I can pretty much finish up the assy of the sheetmetal and bolt the seats in last.....Hopefully I'll make the Dells Automotion show...

Ken
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Teching In

hip hip hurray
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ken, don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Mike
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Went out to the Upholstry shop today and the car is moving along very nicely......Took some pic's but they didn't turn out very well....so .....I'll take some more on Saturday when I pick the car up..............

Ken
Old 05-13-2010, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are two people working on the car..........almost everything except the seats will be finished on Saturday, I'm picking the car up and will continue with the final assy and pick up the seats towards the end of next week...............the window garnish mouldings and dash didn't get painted as planned.......I had to go and pick up some of the mouldings from the body shop so the door panels could be final fitted and finished by Saturday......Gonna drop them off at the body shop Monday morning for painting........After a week off, I'm ready to get back at it for final assy...here are a couple of "In Process" pic's.......Headliner and windlace are installed and look'in good

Ken
Old 05-13-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

One of the few things that I don't like about a 37 Ford is the way the tail lights are mounted as stock......the tail light stand is big and it raises the tail light high off the fender and is almost like an after thought......Stock....

and I don't like the smoothie look where they are flush with the fender surface......so............I decided to make a custom tail light stand that would move the tail light much lower and closer to the fender........we have Solidworks solid modeling software at the shop so I sat down today and designed up some stands that would do what I wanted.......the parts will be machined tomorrow so I can get the assy's finished and ready for paint next week......here are some Solidworks models as to how they will look..........

Ken
Old 05-15-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

While the seats and door panels are being finished, I brought the car home to do some more final assy..........

Ken
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

Default Looks great Ken

Thanks for the continuous updates, looking forward to seeing it on HRPT.

I believe you'll make it!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Started out the day today putting the running boards on and had a flow going so I continued on with the front sheetmetal....(Note!! to self......Retap all fender mounting holes to get the Paint buildup out, "Before" putting fender on.....LOL) I also ordered new Bumpers for the car and when I opened the box today, I had two front bumpers and no rear one.....Darn!!!
Here are some pic's of todays progress.............

Starting to look like a car again...........

Ken
Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts

Looking good!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Teching In

WOW save some work for tomorrow LOL looks great Ken!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some pic's from today....................More assy.........The LS engine now looks like a neat package.........

I talked to a Tech at TCI where the front suspension came from as I was concerned about the front springs being too stiff and the front end sitting too high.....He said that after I got some miles on it the springs would settle....but...If I loaded some weight on the front it would quicken the settling process...So......Here was my bandaid fix....LOL

I also didn't like the way the car sounded with generic Turbo Mufflers, so..I bought some Flowmasters and put them on today also.......

Got the front bumper on also along with some Fog Lights that I had......The Jury is still out on the Fog Lights........If they stay on, they will be my turn signals...

Ken
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Teching In

do you think the wiring guy can put the park/turn lights in the headlite buckets that would be cool...... fog lights no fog around here LOL ... tomorrow
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwhizz
The Jury is still out on the Fog Lights........

Ken
JMO, if I were on the jury, I'd have to vote NO on the fog lights. Think back to your comment about the rear turn signals, "the tail light stand is big and it raises the tail light high off the fender and is almost like an after thought". The same applies here, they look like an after thought, the fog lamp stands are big and ugly, they don't blend in very well and the lamps are much too big to be used as turn signals. I like the idea of having turn signals in the headlamps, a much cleaner approach. Again....JMO

Mike
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ken, you long hauling?

If I see the car on the Tour, I'll try to stop by and say hi!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kwhizz

I talked to a Tech at TCI where the front suspension came from as I was concerned about the front springs being too stiff and the front end sitting too high.....He said that after I got some miles on it the springs would settle....but...If I loaded some weight on the front it would quicken the settling process...So......Here was my bandaid fix....LOL

I'm not sure that' what they meant! LOL!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Hi - I saw this build mentioned over on the HAMB and have followed it to Yenko and here. Great stuff. I drool...

I registered just to make one comment on the lights. Basically, more=better. I think the fog lights look great myself, and more importantly you can make them BRIGHT so people will notice you. You're going to be driving the car, it won't be a trailer queen, so ordinary people (a.k.a. idiots) will be next to it, gawking, getting close, etc. The more lights, the better chance you have of not getting your beautiful car crunched. Make sure the new tail lights are as bright as you can get - use the 2157(? from memory) bulbs that are brighter than 1157s.

The other thing I'd suggest for you is a third brake light, maybe a LED strip on the top of the license plate frame. People's eyes are now accustomed to looking "top center" on a car for a brake light. A blackout panel just under the rear window that hides a third tail light (black when dark, red when lit) would be the best location for pure safety, but that's a lot of work and might be ugly.

Anyway, just wanting your car (and you) to ride safely. Good luck! Keep up the pictures, they are wonderful.

-- Tom
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

As for the fog lights, I think I'd vote no. I think you would need a chrome grille, and a little closer to stock color to make them look like they belong, JMHO though. I have them on my '33, but I use them to supplement the headlights. I have a Bob Drake halogen conversion kit in mine, but they still leave a little something to be desired.

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford LS2 Install