Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford LS2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Had some turn signal problems that Dave came over today and resolved....I spent a couple of hours trying to fix it yesterday and got nowhere,......Dave tracked it down to the steering column plug in about 5 minutes.......that's why I stay away from things that spark.....nothing good will happen if I start twisting wires......................LOL
Anyhow, got the Horns mounted and working, got the outside mirrors mounted to the doors, got the front sheetmetal aligned and tightened, Dave got the license plate light hooked up...also got the rear quarter windows installed in the frames with the modified seals......Going to the upholstry shop tomorrow for finishing and I'll pick it up on thursday....Then I just need to make the console for the Radio and a/c controls so I have "Kool" Tunes for the Power Tour......
Nuff of the B.S. here are some pic's

Note the hidden wire

Ken
Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Loading the car in the trailer to get the upholstry installed..here are some pic's of the door panels and the bench seat cushion.....should be done by Thursday.......

Ken
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's looking great Ken! Hope mine turn out that nice I dropped them off last Saturday.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I picked up the tail lights from the painter today.......made rubber gasket for mounting and assembled them with the LED lights......they turned out like the model...LOL

The car is finished at the Upholstry shop and I will be picking it up tomorrow.......one little bump in the road....I mounted the battery (dry cell) under the rear seat, but there was clearance issues, so I have to make a recessed pan to drop it down below the floor board.......Darn........the new gaskets showed up for the back glass so I can those installed over the weekend........Just about done .....(I Hope!!)

Ken
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Ken,

What size and brand dry cell are you running? I don't remember seeing that. I have a carbed car (with no accessories) running one of the small ones but I didn't know if it was enough for FI with AC, electronic gauges and such.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a Optima...........I thought it would clear the seat frame but it's just a little too tall.............Originally I had a DieHard in there but I got concerned about the off gassing of the Lead/Acid battery under the seat and switched to the Optima.......No big deal to pocket it thru the floor....a couple of hours......LOL.....7 days till the Power Tour........

Ken
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

This is by far the most epic build thread ever! Absolutely insane job man. Definitely something all of us can look up to.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Teching In

WOW Them tail lights are cool really bright
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwhizz
Got a Optima...........I thought it would clear the seat frame but it's just a little too tall.............Originally I had a DieHard in there but I got concerned about the off gassing of the Lead/Acid battery under the seat and switched to the Optima.......No big deal to pocket it thru the floor....a couple of hours......LOL.....7 days till the Power Tour........

Ken
Ken, Before you go an modify your battery box, have you ever thought about running an odyssey battery? They have a wonderful reputation in the offroad world, and I'm sure you could find one small enough to fit into the existing tray you have without modifying it.

http://www.odysseybattery.com/auto.html

Steve
Old 05-28-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Picked up the car from the upholstry shop today........Now I need to finish up the mini console for the radio and A/C controls early next week for finishing.......Here are some pic's.......Still have some under dash wiring to finish up also.........

The rear swing out windows and seals are finally installed

Ken
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

wow, that's nice, but where are the cupholders?
Old 05-29-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

Kwizz,
Dude. you have TOO much money to play with. lol
Old 05-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Talking

I guess you don't know KEN very well. There will be NO CUPS or CRUMBS in this or any other cars he owns. THEY DON'T EAT OR DRINK IN HERE.
Have a GREAT & SAFE POWER TOUR... Don't forget to take ALL of us along.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the tail lights installed and wired up today, also got the back glass installed with help from Dr. Lillard.........After driving it around for a while....I had to adjust the tailpipes to eliminate the "Banging" going on....that was an easy fix......found the rear yoke seal on the trans was leaking slightly....None of the auto stores had one so I'll have to wait till Tuesday and check with some trans shops........Also had a Battery plan "A" and a plan "B".....Plan "A" didn't work so the UPS guy showed up with Next Day Air Plan "B".....Dyna-Batt mini Dry Cell battery................put it in and problem gone.....amazing how much power that little thing has....
anyhow....here are some pic's.....

Oh!!..........The cup holders will be installed in the mini console that will be built on tuesday...........

Ken
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Ken,

May this car arouse your senses with many thousands of pleasurable and trouble free miles.

I think I know the answer, but you are taking your camera on the power tour... right? You might have some fans that would love to see this car in action (hint, hint).
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

I was actually joking about the cup holders. That interior is every bit as nice as all the rest of the car, it's so well done and I like that color so much, it's very nice. I'd be interested in what the mileage will be with it.

but... if you're really putting cup holders in it. I picked up a set of heated / cooled ones for my car. They're pretty sweet.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a rear trans seal today so I got that changed, I also got the Capillary tube installed in the A/C unit without pulling the dash out..Ha!!...hooked up and lengthened the A/C control wires temporarily till I get the console made next week....So...I cleaned it up and took it out for a test ride with the A/C running for about a half hour......Temp gauge never moved and everything worked out very well.....one of the issues that came up is that the tires on the rear contact and rub slightly against the inner fender lip.......Darn!!.........I'm gonna pull the wheels and tire apart and machine about a 1/4" off the axle mounting surface to move the tires in a little bit more.........Basically I just have to make some little details to mount the Ignition key assy and the headlight switch, mount the interior rear view mirror and get the Radio installed.........5 days to Power Tour....And I will be posting pictures daily.....except for Sunday....I will be in Newton, but I have to drive back home on Saturday night for a graduation on Sunday, then we will drive to DuQuoin (390 miles) on Monday and continue from there

Ken
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Are you going to miss sunday all together? I can punch your card for you if you need me to, just let me know.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Are you going to miss sunday all together? I can punch your card for you if you need me to, just let me know.
Thanks...........But I have the punching covered.........Which car (or Truck) are you bringing....................

Ken
Old 05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where in WI are you from?

I know how it is finishing up projects this weekend, I swapped out my clutch fluid & changed the oil yesterday.

-Craig

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford LS2 Install