Sponsored by:

1937 Ford LS2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
Where in WI are you from?

I know how it is finishing up projects this weekend, I swapped out my clutch fluid & changed the oil yesterday.

-Craig

I'm in the Kenosha area.....half way between Chicago and Milwaukee...

Just came back from a ride and got caught in a real downpour, Windshield leaks like a sieve..........Darn!!

Ken
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kwhizz
I'm in the Kenosha area.....half way between Chicago and Milwaukee...

Just came back from a ride and got caught in a real downpour, Windshield leaks like a sieve..........Darn!!

Ken
Not cool!

Hopefully that is the worst problem you have.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kenosha... nice. I bought a car up there a few years ago, plus you weren't very far from the start of last years Power Tour.

I lived up in the Rockford/Northern IL area up until a few years ago.

Figure out the window leaks yet?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwhizz

Ken
It's better that you found it now than on the Power Tour, just one of those little things you'll find on a couple of shake down runs.

Mike
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Three days till we leave for Power Tour......Lot's to do.....Today I had a bunch of issues to resolve, the A/C unit wasn't blowing real cold, found out the Vintage Air heater control valve was staying wide open.....the guy's at Frame-Up found that I had a ground wire issue (Fixed).....Next issue...I found out that it wasn't recommended to machine a 1/4" off the rear wheels to move them in.....Darn........Ordered two more with the correct backspacing (Next Day Air from L.A.)....hope the credit card bill shows up while we are gone, she's gonna be pissed....LOL......Next......Windshield leak.....went to a local automotive glass shop that deals in a lot of Street Rods........In and out in a half hour.....(Hopefully Fixed)......Got the console started....Tomorrows project....
I also ordered a portable programmer to play with the ECM.....went to the Tech and he got the systems talking to each other.....then he had to download the info back to the Mfg and they sent a couple of tunes back for downloading into the car...I'll leave that to the experts........
The radio I'm putting in the car (more on this later) has a back-up camera among other things, got the camera installed and wired back to front......also made and installed a neutral safety switch.....whew!!....

Look closely.......First of many bugs splattered on the windshield....LOL

The tape is from the glass guy's resealing the windshield....and the windshield wipers are now hooked up and working

The back-up camera mounted below the license plate

Ken
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds great...so you didn't say, how did it run, did you put your foot in it even a little......these LSx motors are sweet.

See you in Bowling green on Tuesday.....

T,
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Two days till Power Tour.............Started off the day getting the dash medallion machined and installed....

I also decided that to make a dash to floor console would make the area seem too confined.........so.....Here's a sequence of build pic's......the sides will be installed tomorrow, get wrapped in leather and installed..........

Ken
Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dave came over and finished up all the wiring for the radio etc......He also got the radio working.......just need to get a adaptor for my Sirius receiver....

I also got the new rear wheels installed with more tire clearance........

One more day...................

Ken
Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last Day.................Started out by figuring out how to build a rear support on the radio module.....got that done and welded the sides on.........Did some finishing....then off to the upholstry shop........picked it up and installed it......Pic's to follow with time frame............

10:30am

1:00

3:30 pm at Vintage Stitch getting covered

6:30 pm

Ken
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Teching In

congrats on all the hard work the car looks Great !!!! see ya tomorrow now let the fun begin!!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

A couple of other things happened ....As I was driving along on my way to the upholstery shop, the car quit running.....I coasted off to the side and tried to figure what went wrong.......Humm!!............3/8 of a tank of gas.........Hummm!!.....went to start it and it started right up......Humm!!....I could still hear Charley telling me to double check the fuel gauge prior to Power Tour......Gas Station right across the street....pull in and put in 15.8 gallons in a 16 gallon tank......LOL
Went and had a economy tune put in the ECM for fuel mileage on the Power Tour.....I also found out to get Sirius to work with the new radio I needed to spend some more money for a tuner and some other stuff......Dave comes over to hook everything up and they sold us the wrong stuff...........Darn!!.........
Also......The ECM controls the Radiator fan on/off and once the engine temp gets to normal, the Fan comes on and never goes off......Went to the GM dealer for a new Fan Temp Control Sensor.....put it in......same thing.........Humm!!
Now.......The one that really makes me not like this car........after getting the windshield resealed.....I checked it today and it still leaks like a sieve..........Double Darn!!
When the time presents itself......that piece of crap 1 pc windshield is coming out and I'll go back to the 2pc flat glass style...............

Ken
Old 06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Now that's a cool car.

Mike
Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update............After finishing the car at 8:00pm Thursday, we left for Newton (Power Tour starting point) at 8:00 am Friday.......I put some clear packaging tape across the windshield to keep the water out as we had to drive thru some rain to get there......that worked O.K. but looked like hell, the next thing that happened was my windshield wipers quit working as the linkage seemed to jam and turn into spaghetti.....WTF!!.....I had run these things quite a bit prior to the dash install.........Humm!! and the next issue was a piece of 1x2 tubing I ran from frame rail to frame rail (bolted in) to act as a muffler support....well when I mounted it there was plenty of room between the rear end yoke and the tubing........(Boy.....am I smart!!)....That was then and this is now....LOL....so when I would hit a good dip in the road the yoke would hit the tubing and make a "Little" noise....LOL.......
Anyhow....I had to come home for a day for a graduation, so...when I got home today (700 mile maiden voyage).......the first thing I did was to jack up the car and take that tube out , I'll run down to the shop early tomorrow and build some clearance into it.....2nd thing was to try and see what happened to the wipers........what I found was that I used some dynamat to help hold the defroster vents in place.....and a piece of the dynamat (If you have ever worked with this stuff, you know how ungodly sticky it is). fell of and landed on the linkage and locked it together.....that stuff was so strong it broke the cross linkage and pushed the other side over center and jammed it at that point.......removed the broken passenger side linkage and zip tied it in place so I could put the blade assy back on for appearance only and got the driver side working again after prying it back over center and getting it where it belongs
I also got some clear silicone and tried to seal the windshield myself....It's going to come out after the Power Tour....in the mean time I've got my fingers crossed........Here are a couple of pic's

At Registration in Newton.....dirty from the trip

Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm glad you're getting some miles under her and the problems you have are minor in the grand scheme of things.

Ken, keep collecting those bugs.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car just humm's along at 85mph................Love these LS engines.......

Ken
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haven't seen the car yet, but nice mud pit in Newton!

Was awesome getting my C6 caked in mud! Wooo!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Just saw the car for the first time in Du Quoin Illinois, looks even better in person!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Seen the car in Newton. Nice job the car looks great!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just got home from the maiden voyage....If I would have had the car done a week sooner I could have eliminated the little mickey mouse things that needed tweaking, but..........the car never missed a beat....Love those LS engines.........2500 miles , six states and no problems...................Ya Mon!!!

Ken
Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ken, congratulations on the maiden voyage with only a couple of minor hiccups. How far on the Tour did you go, did you make it to Chattanooga?, Birmingham?

Mike

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford LS2 Install