Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LsX Mustang Guys with DYNATECH headers come in here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have to say you all were fortunate enough to have them replaced, on the other hand I was not... I went ahead and put out the money and purchased the flaming river steering shaft, hopefully it works. I guess you live and you learn!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Launching!

I tried the flaming river it didn't help. Still hits. Call the seller and have him swap them.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Teching In

I bought them from a guy off Oklahoma craigslist probably 6 months ago, I just got everything I needed To put the car together and had it all assembled, with that being said I no longer know how to find the person I purchased them from. Well if that doesn't fix it I don't know what to do...thanks to everyone who is trying to help me
Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Teching In

love my header fitment sorry to hear your having problems. I even got a follow up call to ask how i liked the headers and if i had any problems with them.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

If you buy some now, Are the issues fixed?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes there are 2 part #.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

o fock

I just ordered the 115-913400. Going in 89.

It says 79-93. Are these the right ones?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DT...n/?prefilter=1
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting ready to order a set this coming Monday from Summit, can I assume all the sets they have are the revised drivers side or do I need to call Dynatech first??
Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Teching In

does anyone know if the headers will fit with a maximum motorsports 4.6 or 5.0 K-member?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Prob not. They will work with team z, Afco and AJE for sure

Tim
Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcoldricex
does anyone know if the headers will fit with a maximum motorsports 4.6 or 5.0 K-member?
I'd recommend the AJE, I just called and ordered a bunch of parts and Anthony was real helpful when I ordered and cut me a break on shipping.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BUMP

Got my Dynatech headers installed, passenger side took 30 seconds to get in. Driver's side took 45 minutes, as I has to lift the motor because I couldn't get past the "dog ear" on my TH400.
So heads up for anyone doing this swap with a TH400, cut that left dog ear off(useless anyway) while the trans is out of the car so you can avoid the trouble.

Once it was in, the steering knuckle is rubbing the backside of the primary, took the shaft back out and ground on it until I'd removed quite a lot of material and it still rubbed slightly. Some people may have left it to clearance itself, but I thought it was haggard and am going to weld in a smaller U joint that I bought from a local speedshop.

Not impressed with the Dynatech's fit with the knuckle hitting. But after staring up at it for 20 minutes with a beer in my hand, I don't think they could have designed it any differently because if they'd moved the primary back the 1/4" it would take, the primary would be against the sub-frame. So eh, next time I'll know where to ding the brand new $600 header in to make it fit properly.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RATBOX
BUMP

Got my Dynatech headers installed, passenger side took 30 seconds to get in. Driver's side took 45 minutes, as I has to lift the motor because I couldn't get past the "dog ear" on my TH400.
So heads up for anyone doing this swap with a TH400, cut that left dog ear off(useless anyway) while the trans is out of the car so you can avoid the trouble.

Once it was in, the steering knuckle is rubbing the backside of the primary, took the shaft back out and ground on it until I'd removed quite a lot of material and it still rubbed slightly. Some people may have left it to clearance itself, but I thought it was haggard and am going to weld in a smaller U joint that I bought from a local speedshop.

Not impressed with the Dynatech's fit with the knuckle hitting. But after staring up at it for 20 minutes with a beer in my hand, I don't think they could have designed it any differently because if they'd moved the primary back the 1/4" it would take, the primary would be against the sub-frame. So eh, next time I'll know where to ding the brand new $600 header in to make it fit properly.
Guess ill just go with the kooks then since they are a decent amount cheaper
Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Launching!

my dynatechs bolted right in with no problems at all, installed the drivers side from the bottom. and it cleared the knuckle fine.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by overhere
my dynatechs bolted right in with no problems at all, installed the drivers side from the bottom. and it cleared the knuckle fine.
Which trans are you using?
If it hadn't been for the interference with the trans bellhousing, it would have slipped right in like the passenger side did.
Ya, I've seen other people have no issue, seems like it just depends. It's not my car or k member, so maybe my headers were welded up on a Monday.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

The problem is the bellhousing not the header. I have been to the factory and they are jig checked from the start all the way to packaging after paint. The guys hand weld them and take a lot of pride in them.

Mine go right on with no issues.

Tim
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Launching!

i had a th400 completely stock case.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray86hatch
The problem is the bellhousing not the header. I have been to the factory and they are jig checked from the start all the way to packaging after paint. The guys hand weld them and take a lot of pride in them.

Mine go right on with no issues.

Tim
Hmmmm never thought about this till you mention it. Ill have a Quicktime SFI bellhousing on my T56, will that help or hurt me you think?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My steering shaft hitting the primary didn't have anything to do with the bellhousing. Only thing the bellhousing raised hell with me on was getting the header installed. If I'd cut the dog ear off the bellhousing, the header would have slipped right in. Still, the primary was being rubbed by the steering shaft after the header was bolted up. Obviously it shouldn't do that.
I ended up welding in a smaller U-joint and everything clears the primary now, but I must have got some warpage when I welded it together, because with car on the ground the rack flexes while you turn the wheel lock to lock. Seems the shaft isn't true and when it gets to the high point of its irregularity it pushes down on the rack and the rack flexes on it's bushings. SO, I'm going to order a flaming river, hopefully it clears the primary? I'll be really pissed off if I end up having to remove the header and ding it to clear the steering shaft.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Teching In

Default road race application...

For those that have the corrected version d/s, can you say if the headers would clear the steering shaft with a 1" engine set back? I have a Griggs k mbr for a stock 5.0 with BRP LS engine mounts. Would the sn95 version in my fox to give me added room, or create other issues?

If these wouldnt work with the engine 1" back, any idea of others that would work? I would rather have 1 7/8"s, and am trying to avoid fabbing typical 351 Mustang headers to work- which would only be 1 3/4"s.

Thanks,
Ryan

Quick Reply: LsX Mustang Guys with DYNATECH headers come in here!