Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you guys do about state inspections?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JBarron
Say I swap an OBD2 LSx into a '93 FD, do I need to use all the emissions equipment of the donor vehicle, like charcoal canister, egr, and exact positioning of OEM cats? Thanks.
Technically yes, especially if you're in a county that does class E inspections. If not you could probably get away with getting rid of all the emissions stuff but keep the cats. Most people look for that as it's easy to see. Unless they're familiar with your motor they won't know if the emissions crap is there or not.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't driven my car in almost a year due to this. Honsetly, I've said **** it and put a cover over it and I'm waiting until 2014. It's a real shame too. I maybe drive the car 1-2K miles per year only when it's nice out or to a GTG/track event and the car probably runs cleaner than it did brand new in '91...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-progress.html

Old 07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nissan 570sx
Technically yes, especially if you're in a county that does class E inspections. If not you could probably get away with getting rid of all the emissions stuff but keep the cats. Most people look for that as it's easy to see. Unless they're familiar with your motor they won't know if the emissions crap is there or not.
They don't use a sniffer, does that tell you anything (Sagadahoc county)?