Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan 630sx 383 LS1 in a 240 (more pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is running

Got the car running, been driving it for 2 months now, love all the WTF looks and all the smiles. No problems so far, still rolling on stock diff, hasn't broke yet. Here's a couple of pictures of how the car looks now,

Stole the Hybrid emblem off a totaled Prius at work

Do I need more switches?

GPS Heads Up Display speedometer, the gps speedometer takes a while to register, but at least I know how fast I'm going when I'm cruising.

I plan on painting the car cyber gray(ZR1 Corvette), Cement Gray (2011 Tc), or the blue off the Lexus ISF. So what ya'll think?

Last edited by Nissan LS240; 01-06-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Question, should I rice the car out even more or leave it be?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would derice it and paint it the cyber gray. What are all of the switches for?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice job on the swap. I have been considering an LS swap in my S13 but I have too many projects as is. I think cyber gray would be a good color but the Lexus ISF blue is really nice as well.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rotor vs. piston
I would derice it and paint it the cyber gray. What are all of the switches for?
I removed all the factory wiring, and I'm using a fuel pump controller, so 2 are for fuel one to turn on the other to send max voltage to pump, switch to turn on accy and ign, start, horn, lights, electric fans, couple of solenoids,
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

It would be the day after i post nothing has gone wrong yet that my clutch decided to break, at least i hope that's all that happened. Was planning oon going to the track today, so yesterday went out to make sure everything is fine and when I shifted into third rpm's shot up and a bunch of racket was coming from the clutch area, trans shifts fine but I think the clutch disc broke off the center hub, was using a competition clutch stage 3, dont know why it broke, unless the pilot bearing gave out. I'll find out today.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did you ever get the clutch worked out? How was/is the cam. Do you regret that mutch overlap at all?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GIGAPUNK
did you ever get the clutch worked out? How was/is the cam. Do you regret that mutch overlap at all?
fix the clutch, replaced it with a spec stage 3+, its ok, rather the competition clutch, they sent me a new clutch disc and it does use a different hub, but i had already put the spec one in, no problems with the cam and for the horsepower it makes i would not change it, except very seldom it'll shut off when its cold, which caused me to break the starter, but that was my fault.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you daily drive this thing? I've thought about going with a cold air setup like that, but I'm afraid I would pick up water when it rains.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gjohnson
Do you daily drive this thing? I've thought about going with a cold air setup like that, but I'm afraid I would pick up water when it rains.
I do daily drive the car but that is why I decided to cut the intake pipe, when I go to the track I use a pipe coupler to extend it. I did build a splash shield underneath but I didn't have the guts to risk it.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I'll guess I'll give some updates as to what has happened, first the competition clutch did break, shattered the splines on the clutch disc, they sent me a new clutch disc with an updated hub, had already intalled a spec stage 3+ feels ok rather the competion clutch, the t56 is giving me problems, keeps getting stuck in fourth its a pain to get out guessing I broke a synchro, going to see if I can get some spur cut gears installed, the gas tank started to leak on the way back from the lakefront meet in new orleans, weld on the bottom seam broke, fixed that, and now the msd starter broke that was my fault tried to start the car when it was already running, and to top it off someone bumped my back bumper leaving a nice little crack where oversize fenders and bumper meet, but still hauls *** and wickedly fun, when its not leaking fuel, or in fourth gear. and now trying to start it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

more updates, no more stock suspension, all tubular, solid subframe and diff mounts, installed kaaz lsd on stock 7.8" diff, coilovers on the way, being that the piston rings are cut for nitrous have developed a little crankcase pressure problem so getting a vacuum pump to help that out, found a kit online but I thought of using the secondary air pumps off the tundras, just don't know how long it would last constantly running, I can get them for free.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Broke the diff again, tired looking for a ride when the 240 breaks, so bought a 2011 chevy Silverado, and a trailer, Diff was doing great untill I hooked up the Nitrous, sheared the pinion, also tempted to detune this engine, breaking more stuff that I wanted too,

Quick Reply: Nissan 630sx 383 LS1 in a 240 (more pics)