Sponsored by:

69 camaro SS with LS/T56

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

BCZEE,
Thats great that your sons are into cars as much as you are.
I wish I had that with my dad. He passed not to long ago and there is not one day that goes by where I wish I did this and that with my dad. Lots of regrets for sure. Thats why I wanted to have kids so I can do things and show them things that I never had. Its not about what you give them (materialistic stuff) but the quality time and emotional support.
I hope one day my son is crazy about cars as much as I am. He tells me " dad are you going to work on my Camaro today" haha
I cant wait to take him out on a drive soon.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sako
[/URL]
What pcm mount is this? What year cars can I 'liberate' it from when I go to the junkyard
Old 08-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOXCHEV
What pcm mount is this? What year cars can I 'liberate' it from when I go to the junkyard
its the original plastic PCM bracket from an 02 camaro. I just trimmed the bottom part a little shorter. The top strap that you see is a metal bar that I bent that tucks in between the plastic and the PCM and bolts on top of the glove box opening. Not so clean looking but you really cant see it when you open the glove box. Just look for a 99-02 camaro at the junk yard. online its about $25 new.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sako.. My dad pass that along to me, He was originally a Air Craft Mechanic.. but worked on cars with his friends who owned Gas Stations back in the day.. I remember hanging out there once in a while. Dad also worked on the family car at home too.

Sorry hear he has passed,. but just remember and enjoy the memory of what was there... but like you are hoping for.. your son will drive you crazy once he is old enough to be working on cars... (won't be too long ! LOL)

But you can't push it on him.. just do what I did. .just exposed him to it and that was enough for them to keep the interest.. I wonder what would have happen if I had a girl instead of two boys ! LOL Who knows.. maybe your girl will be the one !

BC

Last edited by bczee; 08-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Launching!

sorry for the lack of updates guys. So I got almost everything done. Just got to finish up some small things here and there. The only major thing that are left is to figure out my parking brakes, passenger side seat brackets (only held in place with only three bolts), heat shield on the exhaust because the end pipes are too close to my fuel lines, figure out why my tach and speedo are not getting power, only the lights work, and finally get a dyno tune.
Took the car to work today for the first time in about three years. I thought it would be cool to take it to the same park and snap some pictures.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Good looking car
Old 09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Bet you were grinning all day long!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Bet you were grinning all day long!
Well, its been a very emotional day for me man. Im happy and proud that Im back on the road again, yet sad and gloomy because three years ago today was when my dad passed. I just wish he was here with me to go on a long drive together.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 406chvycamaro
Good looking car
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great looking car!!! After all the hard work it's a great feeling to have it back on the road and it only get better the more you drive it!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Well, its been a very emotional day for me man. Im happy and proud that Im back on the road again, yet sad and gloomy because three years ago today was when my dad passed. I just wish he was here with me to go on a long drive together.
You gotta know he is right beside you enjoying the ride as much as you! Its evident he meant a lot to you if you miss him that bad. That is about all a parent can ask for is that they meant enough to their children that they will miss them when they are gone.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sako,I'm sure your dad is with you!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Hey Sako I just noticed something about your car, are you running the braces on the chin spoiler? Have you ever hit anything with the chin spoiler? The guys at the local resto parts shop discourage their use. They told me if I curb the chin or hit an animal there is a possibility I will damage the fender extensions. I am now on my fourth chin spoiler!!! One curb, one alive possum, one dead possum, and the current one still rolling. No damage other than the spoiler itself. $25 a whack though! I didn't have this problem till I lowered the car, damnit!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Sako! Enjoy the ride with your pops there in spirit! Hope to see you at Rubys sometime soon...
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Hey Tony I totally understand what your talking about. I did not really think about that. The spoiler is a OEM part and there was no way I could just screw it on to the bottom of the front because it was off about an inch. I had to leave it in the sun for about an hour and when I installed it, I had to bend the sides in to make it fit. Maybe now that it is screwed on the top holes, I can just remove the metal brackets.
Thanks again for all the help. Your the man.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MisterD
Congratulations Sako! Enjoy the ride with your pops there in spirit! Hope to see you at Rubys sometime soon...
Thanks man. I will let you know if I go there next friday, maybe we can meet up. Hows the car coming along?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Here are some before and after pics. I will make a video soon of the car hauling *** and a video of the exhaust open and closed cutouts.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

American Muscle. Dont worry sir i bet your dad is sitting right next to you when you drive this beauty.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man. I will let you know if I go there next friday, maybe we can meet up. Hows the car coming along?
That would be cool! Let me know. My car is currently on pause while my dad completes treatment etc. He is feeling a little better and might be interested in cutting some rust and replace panels in the trunk soon. Can't wait You still have my number right? If not, pm me and I'll get that to you.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MisterD
That would be cool! Let me know. My car is currently on pause while my dad completes treatment etc. He is feeling a little better and might be interested in cutting some rust and replace panels in the trunk soon. Can't wait You still have my number right? If not, pm me and I'll get that to you.
Ya man for sure. How is your dad doing bro? The car can wait, take care of your dad. You guys will get it done together.
I checked SoCalCarCulture and did not see any meet ups at the Rubys in Whittier. But they do have them now in Redondo Beach. By the time I get there after work it will be over..lol
I cant find your info, can you PM me again. I will make sure I save it on my phone this time. Thanks

Quick Reply: 69 camaro SS with LS/T56