Sponsored by:

DBW Throttle Pedal Range Not Correct

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW Throttle Pedal Range Not Correct

Hi Everyone,

I swap is about done (see sig for link) and the throttle pedal is not work correctly. When it is 1/2 way down, it acts as full throttle. Is it a wrong TAC?

This was a complete pullout from an 04 Avalanche.

Thank you for your help.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Modify the pedal to stop moving when the scanner reads 100% It's the only way

Did you pull the pedal out of the Avalanche too?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Yes, everything came from the donor.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warpdriv
Yes, everything came from the donor.
I only asked because you were wondering if maybe you had the wrong TAC module.

Myself and several others have experienced this issue, and nobody has an answer. I swapped lots of parts, tried several different OS's in my computer, checked wiring, etc.

Let us know if you get it figured out, but there's been no breakthroughs on this particular issue that I'm aware of.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Unhappy X2!

My 05 6.0 from the H2 does the same thing.. It's further aggravated when you shorten the lever arm, when doing the install. [In my case, it's in a 55 Chevy].
I've noticed the throttle is way too "touchy", especially at low speeds.
I am planning on what Jim said...Adding a stop. [And lengthening the lever...]
I may look into relocating the pot, and doing a progressive cable control. [Someone on 1 of the forums had relocated the pot to the fender, and used a cable pedal. [Going to see if I can find that thread.]
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Teching In

When researching another problem, I came across a post about this and he loaded an 06 throttle program that fixed it. I was too rapped up in my other problem to pay attention to it. Anyone try that?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When researching another problem, I came across a post about this and he loaded an 06 throttle program that fixed it. I was too rapped up in my other problem to pay attention to it. Anyone try that?
I did a 2006 os flash, and while the pedal movement was correct with just the key on, something else in the OS didn't jive with the pedal/TAC, and it would almost immediately go into limp mode when touching the throttle after startup.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
Modify the pedal to stop moving when the scanner reads 100% It's the only way

Did you pull the pedal out of the Avalanche too?
Hi Jim,

What do you mean by scanner? An ohm/volt meter? Could you also please post how to do the measurement?

Thank you.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi Jim,

What do you mean by scanner? An ohm/volt meter? Could you also please post how to do the measurement?

Thank you.

The only way I know how to do it is to hook up EFI Live, turn the key on, and start monitoring TP% Slowly move the pedal down, when it hits 100%, That's where you need to set your pedal stop. I'm using a magnet between the pedal arm and where it contacts the base for the time being

I don't know if you can monitor TP% with one of those OBD2 scanners or not.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Question ???

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
The only way I know how to do it is to hook up EFI Live, turn the key on, and start monitoring TP% Slowly move the pedal down, when it hits 100%, That's where you need to set your pedal stop. I'm using a magnet between the pedal arm and where it contacts the base for the time being

I don't know if you can monitor TP% with one of those OBD2 scanners or not.
Jim, have you tried any of these parameters for adjustment??

OS 12592618 is a 2005 LS1-B OS. There are ETC parameters available in EFILive - these are in a "red" folder - and this folder is only visible if your V2 is plugged into your Notebook computer prior to opening the Tune Tool.

B2702 (ETC Max Position) should already be set to 100% by default in all cells.

B2307 (ETC Pedal Response - Primary) - values for pedal % and actual TP % become closer the further above 68% TP you progress. This is the table that is primarily used by the PCM.

B2308 (ETC Pedal Response - Alternate) - this table is used in various driving modes - the pedal % and TB % are vastly different.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Jim, have you tried any of these parameters for adjustment??

OS 12592618 is a 2005 LS1-B OS. There are ETC parameters available in EFILive - these are in a "red" folder - and this folder is only visible if your V2 is plugged into your Notebook computer prior to opening the Tune Tool.

B2702 (ETC Max Position) should already be set to 100% by default in all cells.

B2307 (ETC Pedal Response - Primary) - values for pedal % and actual TP % become closer the further above 68% TP you progress. This is the table that is primarily used by the PCM.

B2308 (ETC Pedal Response - Alternate) - this table is used in various driving modes - the pedal % and TB % are vastly different.
There was one I messed with that dealt with the ramp-up rate of the Pedal vs. TP% (I'm thinking it was the B2307), I removed a little bit of the slope at the < 20% rate to help it behave a little better under light throttle. It seemed to help. Can't remember off-hand the exact table it was, but I'll check on it. The 2003 vs 2006 tunes I tried had very different data in the 2 tables, I remember that much. Thinking more, I may have directly copied the 2006 data for that table into my 2003 tune file.

It's working, so I haven't messed with the pedal in a while.

I do plan to re-work my pedal so that my foot movement actuates the pedal pad spring more than directly working the pedal lever. I'm thinking that will help some too.

Grab a factory pedal, and play around with the different results from actuating the pedal pad spring and the pedal arm spring, I think there's some room for improvement by getting the pedal pad spring into the mix. When I hit my pedal now, all my foot movement is going towards moving the throttle arm directly.

Who knows, I have been known to over-think some things, and I might just be crazy.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Jim, I just read your thread here: http://performancetrucks.net/forums/...ght=tac+module

You would think everyone would be having this problem but it seems, out of the many swaps going on, that there is a few folks running into this.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jim, I just read your thread here: http://performancetrucks.net/forums/...ght=tac+module

You would think everyone would be having this problem but it seems, out of the many swaps going on, that there is a few folks running into this.
It seems to be more truck than LS1 car related. I know of at least 6 people between the 2 sites that have run into this issue, and I think they were all using truck stuff.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Please don't use this thread. It is being discussed over here: http://performancetrucks.net/forums/...ght=tac+module

Thank you.

Quick Reply: DBW Throttle Pedal Range Not Correct