Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 08-14-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just painteD!!!!!!! its actually three times shinnyer and slicker in person .

Attached Thumbnails 1968 ss camaro  procharged LS2 m6-painted-frame-full..jpg   1968 ss camaro  procharged LS2 m6-painted-sub-frame-angle.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Time to start assembling.......

Attached Thumbnails 1968 ss camaro  procharged LS2 m6-time-assemble.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

that frame looks nice. Keep the updates commin!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3rd gen camaro iroc gear box.. simple upgrade.. just repainted gloss black... keeping it clean... letting the engine be flashy.

Attached Thumbnails 1968 ss camaro  procharged LS2 m6-3rd-gen-gear-box.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

coming together slowly

Attached Thumbnails 1968 ss camaro  procharged LS2 m6-subframe-assembly.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

sick build man, click on my link on my sig if u want to see mine, i would recomend u use the rs 67 lights, all solid red lights look great IMO good luck with that
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

btw is that paint or did u powder coat the frame?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
btw is that paint or did u powder coat the frame?
I used 2 stage paint... power coat is nice and strong but i like the deep shine of paint.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

How much do you want for the GTO procharger brackets? Let me know when you decide I would like to buy then. The Set up you are trying to use will not work, the head unit will hit the upper control arm, see attached pic. I had a 72 Nova I did this very swap in, It uses the same frame. You need to buy the LS1 Transplant bracket set up. From Procharger. Also you will need to send your head unit back to them to have the oil slinger reclocked for this bracket set up. I spent a lot of time trying different brackets. My car is the one in the procharger catalog and on Brute Speeds website.

this pic shows the interference issues

Transplant bracket set up.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jashell1562
How much do you want for the GTO procharger brackets? Let me know when you decide I would like to buy then. The Set up you are trying to use will not work, the head unit will hit the upper control arm, see attached pic. I had a 72 Nova I did this very swap in, It uses the same frame. You need to buy the LS1 Transplant bracket set up. From Procharger. Also you will need to send your head unit back to them to have the oil slinger reclocked for this bracket set up. I spent a lot of time trying different brackets. My car is the one in the procharger catalog and on Brute Speeds website.

this pic shows the interference issues

Transplant bracket set up.

How much are the transplant brackets and how much did pro charger charger to move the oil slinger.. my head unit is a self contained unit ... is that what yours was?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

you running stock disk brake spindals and just put aftermarket rotors and stuff on them?
Also what a arms are you running? Do you have to make any tranny tunnel mods? Im doing a swap also
but not sure if im going manual or auto and if either will fit without cutting the tunnel,Thanks

Last edited by CMQuickcoupe; 08-20-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CMQuickcoupe
you running stock disk brake spindals and just put aftermarket rotors and stuff on them?
Also what a arms are you running?
I did the ls1 brake conversion... It consists of factory drum spindles machined flush with lower bolt holes, drum hubs machined a little down so ls1 rotors fit over the hub, ls1 calipers and rotors and ls1 conversion bracket... about $55.. it's a easy swap for 12" rotors ... let me know if you need any help with more info/
Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

what kinda wheels you runnin on the front? I dont know if my 15in billet specialties will fit with a 12in brake?Do you got any pics of the machining that needs to be done or a place i can get the specs from?Ive got some access to the machines i would need to do it all myself,also have you figured out if you have to do any tranny tunnel mods?also what a arms are you runnin?Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CMQuickcoupe
what kinda wheels you runnin on the front? I dont know if my 15in billet specialties will fit with a 12in brake?Do you got any pics of the machining that needs to be done or a place i can get the specs from?Ive got some access to the machines i would need to do it all myself,also have you figured out if you have to do any tranny tunnel mods?also what a arms are you runnin?Thanks
I have 15" greg weld wheels ... idk if they will fit bc of the ofset ... I may have to use spacers.... or go with 16" + " wheels.. Im running the ebay control arms like some other guys on here.. i hear the ball joints are junk... but thats an easy fix... and i had some issues with camber plugs not fitting flush.. Here is a link to a guys page that has good illustrations of the ls1 brake mods. His name is sako.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls-t56-2.html
Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..........man this thing is gonna be a monster! Great Job, love the color btw
Old 08-21-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FC3S Murray
..........man this thing is gonna be a monster! Great Job, love the color btw
Thanks. Too bad im changing it. lol i love the color but i think i want to paint it lexus ultra sonic blue mica, 350 z blue, or cobalt blue ... undecided.... i just like the deep blues
Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firehawk68mcleod
How much are the transplant brackets and how much did pro charger charger to move the oil slinger.. my head unit is a self contained unit ... is that what yours was?
I was running a self contained as well, you will have to have it reclocked or it will starve the bearings of oil and your head unit will need to be rebuilt. Its about 300, contact Bob@Brutespeed.com he can set you up with the pricing on the brackets. I sold my Nova and bought a GTO. I am trying to piece together a kit for it. I also did the LS1 front brakes on my car. The 15's should fit over the calipers but you may need to a little grinding on the calipers. Did you buy a wrecked GTO or just the motor out of one? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jashell1562
I was running a self contained as well, you will have to have it reclocked or it will starve the bearings of oil and your head unit will need to be rebuilt. Its about 300, contact Bob@Brutespeed.com he can set you up with the pricing on the brackets. I sold my Nova and bought a GTO. I am trying to piece together a kit for it. I also did the LS1 front brakes on my car. The 15's should fit over the calipers but you may need to a little grinding on the calipers. Did you buy a wrecked GTO or just the motor out of one? Thanks.

Well, my engine is actually a 2007 ls2 out of a trailblazer ss. my uncle is a lead tech at a gm dealership, and they did a warranty pull for piston slap with 30,000 miles. I paid for a core which was super cheap... I originally just wanted to rebuild and cam the engine and throw it into the camaro, but then one thing lead to another and now you see where im at lol. I ended up converting everything to an 05-06 gto... since my procharger was for a gto... I converted the 58X reluctor wheel to 24x. I figured it was easier to completely covert it to gto so i could remember what parts i needed if i ever have any issues. Back to the gto bracket... my neighbor does machine and tool and has a shop at his house... i thought i might take it to him and have him cut the bracket and slide it up and weld it or make a new head mount bringing the unit directly up... this would keep the head unit in the same position just higher. I already came across the issue with the head unit possibly hitting when i first got it and did some measuring.

Quick Reply: 1968 ss camaro procharged LS2 m6