Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best lsx foxbody swap kit? Opinons welcomed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnut
$200 used headers, LOFL! Dream on buddy, been looking for a set for over a year, good luck.
i cant even find used 351w headers for a fox for 200$ and i would still need to weld ls flanges on them..i guess you could do sbf short tubes and weld a flange for 200$ though but then you would just choke the motor with the 1 5/8th tubes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
i was on the ******* when i was typing that so i had a **** load on my mind
Lol I totally agree with u that it's better to buy the best first rather than spending money twice. Just saying there are deals out there like my $500 ls6 with full eagle rotating assembly, arp bolts, comp valve train, 243 worked heads, etc. I believe with a little luck and some brains it could be done. Ive had several lsx cars from budget builds to no money spared cars and now want to start a lsx fox body build. Thanks for all the input.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
i cant even find used 351w headers for a fox for 200$ and i would still need to weld ls flanges on them..i guess you could do sbf short tubes and weld a flange for 200$ though but then you would just choke the motor with the 1 5/8th tubes
Has any of you people heard of swap meets? Down here in central fl we have a huge swap meet once a month in a little town called Webster that consist of hundreds of sellers and thousands of buyers. Ive bought coated hooker super comps for $50 before there. People come there to clean out there shops garages and don't wants take it home. It's also where I bought the ls6 for $500. It's in webster fl every 1st Sunday of the month for u local guys. Another good place to pick up great deals is turkey rod run in daytona fl it's once a year and is this weekend.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Teching In

first post on ls1tech.com. Hi to all, and I'm subscribing to this thread as i am in the process of building my first lsxnotch. good stuff on here!!
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snipes
I have been researching this as well, I am going with the AJE K and am going to try an retain the stock control arms to keep costs down. I really dont want/need coil overs at this point. My concern is that the headers are known to have a clearance issue (at least Dynatechs) with the factory control arm. Seems you save $ on one end and cost some on the other end...... Keep us posted with what you go with, I read this section every day in an effort to see what works and what does not.

-Wes
If you are going to just order the k- member, you will need to also order the spring perches.
( They are not included with the k-member.)
Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

heres my build not a 5k build, but you get what you pay for

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...0-ls-swap.html
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump, for the sake of helpful discussion.

Tipsy
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

ANYONE THAT IS GOING TO USE THE TEAM-Z K MEMBER!!, contact bob kurgan at Bob@kurganmotorsports.com and he can beat team z's price on their own stuff!!!!
i ordered the k member kit with a arms and coil over kit which is $739, plus motor mounts, another 90, plus hardware kt $25, and a steering rack hardware kit $12, add shipping and it was gonna be $902 bob got it for me for under $850 super great guy to deal with and he told me before i buy ANYTHING mustang to contact him first and he would try to get me the best deal in the process he e mailed me back several times and always quick, i would send him an email and here back within a few hours from him personally everytime, super great guy with excellent customer service!! and TEAM Z is supposed to me top of the line.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smitty06
What's up guys, I'm about to start a fox body coupe LS swap budget build and would like to know which kit is the best for the money! I've found three kits with my research and reading build threads on here.
AJE PACKAGE-$799 Includes Kmember,Aarms,coil overs,engine mounts
TEAM Z PACKAGE-$739 Includes Kmember,Aarms,coil overs, no mounts
BRP kit-$499 Includes motor mounts, tranny mounts, hardware
If anybody else knows of any other available kits please post them with info. I think this info will help anybody starting a fox body LS swap. Any info is much appreciated!
following this thread
Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Teching In

back from the dead
Old 12-27-2014, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nce-issue.html
Old 12-27-2014, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,261 Likes on 807 Posts

For a budget build you can use a stock k member out of a 96-98 mustang (v8 or v6 doesn't matter). You then use the 4.6 mustang motor mounts and use a very simple 3/16 steel plate and drill some holes to make an adapter to the ls block (VERY easy)

Then you should be able to use your stock fox a arms, rack and pinion, etc etc.

I'd say that's about the cheapest way to do it.

For headers you can use fox 302 (or 351 windsor swap) headers, cut off the ford flange and weld on an ls header flange. That should get you pretty decent fitment but you might have to ding a couple primaries here and there to get a perfect fit
Old 12-27-2014, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

or just find some used stuff thats floating around.

Quick Reply: Best lsx foxbody swap kit? Opinons welcomed!