Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Frame mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Frame mounts?

I have a 69 Camaro that I had a BB in it, I now have a 07 LS2 out of a Vette. I have the adapter plates for the block not Holley but same bolt whole locations,I got mine from dirty dingo they have 3 locations to mount from,I have the holley oil pan but it still touches the K member... I assume I have the wrong frame mounts for the motor mounts,mine measure about 2 inches on the driver side and 1 5/8s on the passsenger side...if anyone has any insite please let me know...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

oh before it is said I have been here for a long time just dont post much not very computer savy...I have searched as good as I know how and my eyes are going cross sided,if your any wheres close to Galveston, I will turn you on to some nice trout just get on the boat lets go
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used the holley pan and mounts in my chevelle and it hit the cross member i fixed it by adding a piece of steel under the frame stand.
Attached Thumbnails Which Frame mounts?-2012-03-08_17-33-05_794.jpg  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

You need the small block frame stands. They are taller than the big block stands
Old 03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two types of factory small block stands, short/narrow and tall/wide. Almost everyone uses the tall and wide. The tall and wide stands came on the vast majority if low performance cars with 307s and 327s. For tall/wide stands use short/wide engine mounts. For short/narrow stands use tall/narrow mounts. I managed to use the narrow combo with my factory ss 350 car with an autokraft pan. Energy suspension makes both kinds of mounts. You will need to flip the mounts and grind off the tabs with both.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Teching In

I used dirty Dingo block plates,there is a void where the back of the motor mount hump is so you dont have to grind it off,I actually got them because of the void and it has the mounting locations,1 1/4 forward 1/2 forward and stock...I figured if I ever put it anything else I had 3 locations to choose from for the same money...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Future I just went though all your build,very nice! it inspired me I must say...I am poor boying it here and hope to have half the results you got!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tigerhays
I used dirty Dingo block plates,there is a void where the back of the motor mount hump is so you dont have to grind it off,I actually got them because of the void and it has the mounting locations,1 1/4 forward 1/2 forward and stock...I figured if I ever put it anything else I had 3 locations to choose from for the same money...
I know what you mean about that hump, but that's not what I meant. There are two very small tabs on the energy suspension mounts that need to be ground off if you decide to use them. When you flip the mounts, they get in the way.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tigerhays
Future I just went though all your build,very nice! it inspired me I must say...I am poor boying it here and hope to have half the results you got!
Thanks. For about the price of a motorcycle I was able to do my build and I don't regret it for a second. It's a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Which Frame mounts?