Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That mustang looks sick!

Doug
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got my car running and it went super nice.....only thing is when i tap the throttle on the tb it revs up but stays rev'd up for a second or two.....cant seem to find a vac leak......could it be tps.....how do i properly test the tps..

[IMG]
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Teching In

i think the vid link worked.....not sure how to post vids but if you click on it it might start playing
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try cleaning the IAC valve. Continue to look for vacuum leaks.

What kind of tune do you have on it? It may need some fine tuning.

Doug
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Teching In

so i tried a new iac sensor and it did the same thing.......it only seams to do this when the car is hot....when it is cold it revs up perfecly fine and back down to idle quickly.......while it was hot and running i ran propane from a bottle out of a hose and stuck the hose everywhere there could be a vac leak and the idle didnt change at all.........now when i unplug the iac while the car is running and rev it up it drops back down to idle much quicker than when the iac is plugged in........and since i tried a new iac i have no clue what it could be.......it only does this once it is hot when cold or approaching 190degrees it works fine.......
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems like your testing confirmed it was IAC related.

Reading on the internet it seems some people have the same issue. They claim this is normal. It can be tuned out if you use HPTuners or some other type of tuning software.

Doug
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Billet carrier bearing is a must have. If its got one, cant remember. It looks like a badass ride!

sounds like IAC is staying on. It needs to be turned down with a tuner program
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Teching In

thanks guys...........yes i talked to my guy who tuned the computer for me and he said that when he dyno tunes it that he can take care of it.......and yes it has a billet carrier bearing........and yes that is the only way togo well unless you want todo a 1 piece drive shaft that is.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad you got it running. You have a great looking car with excellent attention to detail.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Teching In

my dakota digital vhx series gauges....they turned out awesome....so happy with them best looking gauges that ive seen.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Launching!

they look way better than the 65 dakota digital ones.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Tealduce, Where did you get your pulley set up from and what did it cost? Looks like the camaro layout? Do you have any close up pics showing how close the alternator and powersteering are to the frame? Those gauges look perfect, is that a custom order or does dakota digital sell that normally? What's something like that cost? Looks great, I'm doing something similar (62 Impala with LS1 from a 02 trans am), what did you do for fuel delivery? Awsome car and very informative thread.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

nice job on the build looks like cruising this summer is in order! the carrier bearing failures on these cars are a design flaw NOT a carrier bearing problem. the slip that your driveshaft needs is in the yolk right? the carrier bearing is fixed right now lets think about that a bit more the slip is in the front but the bearing fixes it in place wtf??? and that is why the carrier bearing appears to be the weak link. the slip needs to be in the rear. what kind of genius designed this? here is a pict. of the way it should be.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ontheglass
Tealduce, Where did you get your pulley set up from and what did it cost? Looks like the camaro layout? Do you have any close up pics showing how close the alternator and powersteering are to the frame? Those gauges look perfect, is that a custom order or does dakota digital sell that normally? What's something like that cost? Looks great, I'm doing something similar (62 Impala with LS1 from a 02 trans am), what did you do for fuel delivery? Awsome car and very informative thread.
hey the pulley setup is from www.alpermotorsports.com and was cheap as hell man and super nice......the alt is close to the steering box but no where near the frame......the gauges are a regular item from dakota digital......fuel pump i did an external walbro pump with vette filter/regulator
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by E.rodz
nice job on the build looks like cruising this summer is in order! the carrier bearing failures on these cars are a design flaw NOT a carrier bearing problem. the slip that your driveshaft needs is in the yolk right? the carrier bearing is fixed right now lets think about that a bit more the slip is in the front but the bearing fixes it in place wtf??? and that is why the carrier bearing appears to be the weak link. the slip needs to be in the rear. what kind of genius designed this? here is a pict. of the way it should be.
e.rodz your drive shaft is exaclty like how i did mine......same slip in the same spot the only thing is my steady bearing doesnt have the poly urethane on it its just billet with a pressed in bearing.....so might cause a bit more vibration but im sure it will be fine.......finally road tested it around the shop today and had no problems was great to finally drive to other than letting it run in the shop.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

That color is sweet. I'm shoving a ls based or possible lq setup in my 61 real soon. My build up is on here somewhere. Gonna follow this one thou. Nice job
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Teching In

it was finally sunny on sunday where i live and i got to take the car out of the shop and drive it around the shop a couple times to make sure everything worked and see if it even moved haha was so nice....next time should be able to road test it.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks really nice.

Love the color.

Doug
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Teching In

hey need some info......so im running a 5.3L truck motor with LS1 intake and injectors and am thinking of changing the stock cam....what should i go with to keep it a good driver but with a bit more power also should i change the lifters, rockers at same time and what shoudl i go with there......i dont want to spend a forutne....part numbers and brands would be helpful..

thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Teching In

anyone??????????

Quick Reply: 5.3l into 1962 impala