FAMOUS! & STOLEN '84 C10 5.3 article posted on LSXTV.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Some low lifes!

Please tell me you had it insured??
I only had basic insurance on it. Didnt cover theft. I have USAA and had a problem getting them to insure it for its actual value. I have now learned that there are insurance companies out there for custom or classic builds. I hadnt pushed too hard for full coverage yet because I hadnt painted it yet and thought that nobody would steal a vehicle that looked so rough. Boy was I wrong.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lunati397
I hope something comes up from it either way keep on pushing and maybe ill see you at this years holley LSfest
Yesssssirr! I plan to be there of course. Hopefully with my Camaro. It might look a lil rough but it should be on the road by that time.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 141 Posts

Man I hate hearing **** like this. Walking out to find my car gone has always been my biggest fear. I sure hope you get it back in one piece.

Definitely watch Craigslist. I had a buddy buy a tailgate off CL for his sisters truck, but she traded it in.before putting the gate on it. So my buddy had it about a year and decided it was in the way and put it up for sale on CL. Well a guy called about it and arranged to meet up. He showed up with the cops, said it was his gate, offered up the proof and my buddy told him he had bought it a year earlier. He put it on the guys truck and told him it was his lucky day. So the moral of the story is you never know when it could show up.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Man I hate hearing **** like this. Walking out to find my car gone has always been my biggest fear. I sure hope you get it back in one piece.

Definitely watch Craigslist. I had a buddy buy a tailgate off CL for his sisters truck, but she traded it in.before putting the gate on it. So my buddy had it about a year and decided it was in the way and put it up for sale on CL. Well a guy called about it and arranged to meet up. He showed up with the cops, said it was his gate, offered up the proof and my buddy told him he had bought it a year earlier. He put it on the guys truck and told him it was his lucky day. So the moral of the story is you never know when it could show up.
That's a neat story, unfortunately most of the people that sell on CL are flakes, although I have found a few good deals on CL, I always print out the advertisement and take it with me and ask to see their drivers license and copy the information on the ad and ask them to sign it, if they are legit they don't have a problem with that. I have had some refuse and act offended to do it and those are the deals I walk away from. I keep the ads in a file just in case, as some of the parts I get are good deals and my only intent was to try and flip the part for a profit later on CL or EBay and I don't want what happened in the above post happen to me. Or if it does I'm at least covered legally.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1nova71

Good point! It may show up. Ive heard a LOT of stories with people relating to mine now. It seems to be very common for the vehicle to be found a month later if found. We'll see. I whatch CL often.

Sad thing is that I need to buy another vehicle ASAP now.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lizeec
That's a neat story, unfortunately most of the people that sell on CL are flakes, although I have found a few good deals on CL, I always print out the advertisement and take it with me and ask to see their drivers license and copy the information on the ad and ask them to sign it, if they are legit they don't have a problem with that. I have had some refuse and act offended to do it and those are the deals I walk away from. I keep the ads in a file just in case, as some of the parts I get are good deals and my only intent was to try and flip the part for a profit later on CL or EBay and I don't want what happened in the above post happen to me. Or if it does I'm at least covered legally.
That's a good tip to cover yourself legally. Noted
Old 02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by lizeec
That's a neat story, unfortunately most of the people that sell on CL are flakes....... I don't want what happened in the above post happen to me. Or if it does I'm at least covered legally.
I agree, most people who sell on CL are kinda weird! When my buddy bought the gate the guy sounded legit. But you never know. when the actual owner showed up with the police, they realized that he hadn't stolen it, and told him that he didn't have to give it back, but that if he didn't, he should get rid of it quick. Just showing up with the cops and having proof that what's for sale is actually yours, isn't enough for them to make the seller give it back to you, that's what court is for, the cops are not judge and jury, but the right thing to do is give it back and take the loss and learn a lesson, you never know who you're dealing with on CL.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad you will more than likely never see the truck again. Count yourself lucky if you do recover it. Alabama usually recovers a theft when a civilian finds it by accident and calls the police.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo White
Too bad you will more than likely never see the truck again. Count yourself lucky if you do recover it. Alabama usually recovers a theft when a civilian finds it by accident and calls the police.
Yep, it is too bad. But I'm not one to give up easy and it never hurts to try. If i didnt try, I'd regret it the rest of my life. I've got it spread pretty well accross the net. Too bad so many around here dont use a computer.

I've pretty much given up now. I've gotten a loan and purchased a replaement truck. Working on it now. I need to find a cheap used 5.3/4l60e for it.

Quick Reply: FAMOUS! & STOLEN '84 C10 5.3 article posted on LSXTV.com