Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx mustang/reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was a 92 4 cylinder car. I just got it out of storage yesterday. I will check it tomorrow to get the wires you need. Sarg just cut the end off the harness and splice the two together until you get your switch hooked up. I'll give you the colors in the am.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you refering to the clutch switch or the neutral safety switch? I am not sure mine has a neutral switch since it is a former t5 car. The clutch switch I tried to push in the clutch and still got nothing on the starter solenoid wire. I have just been turning it to run and bumping the wire on a positive to get it to crank. Kind of annoying, but I have not figured out why it has no power to the starter unless it is a bad ignition switch.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Mine was a 5 speed as well. I switched the car to auto a few years ago and I can't remember if I had to short out the clutch switch or not. I do know that I still had the 4 wire harness. I can't tell which wires are for what because I can't see the switches without pulling the console out but you want the purple/orange with the black and the red/blue with the white. Just turn the key on and splice the wires together and check your backup lights to make sure your lights are working then you will know for sure.

Last edited by chiaj144; 04-11-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarg
Are you refering to the clutch switch or the neutral safety switch? I am not sure mine has a neutral switch since it is a former t5 car. The clutch switch I tried to push in the clutch and still got nothing on the starter solenoid wire. I have just been turning it to run and bumping the wire on a positive to get it to crank. Kind of annoying, but I have not figured out why it has no power to the starter unless it is a bad ignition switch.
now thats another thing i dont know if ill need to by pass the clutch switch when i first started... i know that the red lil wire that goes to the ford solenoid i was told to connect that to the chevy one in the starter.

Originally Posted by chiaj144
Mine was a 5 speed as well. I switched the car to auto a few years ago and I can't remember if I had to short out the clutch switch or not. I do know that I still had the 4 wire harness. I can't tell which wires are for what because I can't see the switches without pulling the console out but you want the purple/orange with the black and the red/blue with the white. Just turn the key on and splice the wires together and check your backup lights to make sure your lights are working then you will know for sure.
Hey chiaj144 ill try that today an splice the wire together see if they come on ill post pics too thxs hope they do..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

I ran one heavy gauge wire from the battery positive to the starter. There is a second wire that is the "trigger" wire that should go to the ignition switch...mine just does not apparently send a signal for some unknown reason through the factory ford starter solenoid. Trying to figure out why.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

I ran one heavy gauge wire from the battery positive to the starter. There is a second wire that is the "trigger" wire that should go to the ignition switch...mine just does not apparently send a signal for some unknown reason through the factory ford starter solenoid. Trying to figure out why.
that trigger wire should go to the chevy stater solenoid not the ford. connect the trigger to the gm solenoid on the small post i was told that not there yet but this weekend ill
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Guess that was a confusing post, but yeah, that trigger wire that is currently on the ford solenoid that should go to the starter is what is not going hot on mine when I turn the key for some reason.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

My original red wire on my ford solenoid would only start the car once in a while. I ended up running it to a relay and I haven't had a problem with it since. If you get your neutral safety switch figured out test the voltage at the red wire.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

I honestly don't think stick cars had a neutral safety switch did they?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

I honestly don't think stick cars had a neutral safety switch did they?
I bought my car as a roller. It was originally a 4 cylinder 5 speed car. The guy that had it before me did a V8 swap but never finished it and sold the engine and transmission out of it. When I put my Ford stuff in it with an automatic using the Ford solenoid and all the factory wiring my car wouldn't start until I spliced the neutral safety switch wires together. I confirmed it again today when I was checking the colors of the wires. I pulled one off and the car wouldn't start. Maybe the 5 speed harness for the backup lights shorted these wires out or something but they are there on my car.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I tapped into a white and pink wire under the column and ran it to the small pole on the starter. Cranks every time!!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 AM
TECH Addict

Ok cool. I will have to check for those wires later tonight.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
I tapped into a white and pink wire under the column and ran it to the small pole on the starter. Cranks every time!!
Do you have a neutral safety switch? Can't pass tech up here without one.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

cool i rather goes this route if it works good ill tapped, so did you tapped the red trigger to the white an pink in the colum then ran a wire to the small pole in the stater? or just tapped a wire to the white/pink then ran it to the small pole starter? lol a lil confuse

Last edited by cordova87; 04-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Default lights

[QUOTE=RATBOX;17290714]There's a wire connection down at the trans tunnel that plugs into the Ford T5 or AOD for reverse lights. Look in the trans tunnel vicinity.

This is the one for the T5:

okay fellas this is what i did lastnite T5 harness up pic which is the same one i have didnt do anything to it. but just cut the plug that goes to the T5 an connect the micro switch an wala they work... but b4 all that i follow the diagram on the bottom where it tells me the color are the back up lights an also where the switch goes. the problem now is that i my have the wrong micro switch cuz i think they go on in ''N'' not ''R.'' seems the lever is not long enough on the micro switch.

Originally Posted by bjamick
an !!!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

This is what I did also.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cordova87
cool i rather goes this route if it works good ill tapped, so did you tapped the red trigger to the white an pink in the colum then ran a wire to the small pole in the stater? or just tapped a wire to the white/pink then ran it to the small pole starter? lol a lil confuse
Assuming he just ran battery to big pole on starter and white and pink from ignition switch to small pole/trigger on starter. This would bypass clutch and neutral safety I believe.

Did I mention I hate wiring?

Quick Reply: lsx mustang/reverse lights