Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of wiring help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In need of wiring help!!!!!

I am need of some help from you wiring gurus. I am wiring up my 84 c4 corvette for the ls1 sitting in it. I have re pinned my harness from 98 to 99. Laid it all out. Plugged everything into the engine and ran through the can to where I'm mounting the Ecu and fuse box which I bought from current performance. So I have my c100 c101 plug etc labeled with all that goodness. All these diagrams I have of the c100 connectors are very vague with "fuse output ignition 1 type 3" which connectors do I need to Hook up off of these for te ECM hot and switched. Bank 1 and bank 2. And which ones left over are necessary to make things work like tranny and fans etc? I won't be using a maf or 02 sensors or ac. So basically which specific wires on these C plugs do I need to hook up to give everything power to run?

That's my first question. Second is the new fuse box has a starter wire and all that..... Why not just use the starter wires that are still in the car and hooked up... Can't I just hook them to the new starter n web I turn the key it will work??? Very curious on this since the old and new have the same hook ups.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 116 Likes on 91 Posts

Integrate both..if you bought an aftermarket Harness and/or Fuse Box then it should've came with some type of instruction.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

You'd have to say exactly what wires are there for me to give you an accurate instruction on what to do with them.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You should really get a factory service manual (FSM) for the vette since they tend to be different than every other GM car. I slept with my FSM for 3 months while doing the LS3 swap into my '92. You'll see what fuses are what, how much load they have on them and what won't be on them as the factory systems are pulled out for,the swap.

You'll typically want to use the factory starter setup with the vette, many aftermarket harnesses will have them also to make swaps into older vehicles easier. change the fuel pump relay to get fed from the new ECM also if not already, and replace the factory fuel pump if still from the orig '84 CFI.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright so ill use the factory starter wiring that is all hooked up already. I have a 98 Camaro oem harness and fuse box from current performance. Racetronix pump is already installed. Wiring that and the fan through the new fuse box is no problem and I'm workin on that now. The main things I want to hook up correct are the c100 c101 wires etc.... I don't just want to solder everything up. I'd like to get rid of the unused wires.... And since the diagrams I have are soooo vague of the C connectors. They all just say ign type 3 etc. I just would like to know in English what Bank 1 power to coils n injectors are. Bank 2. ECM switched and which transmission switched power do I need. The ECM constant orange wire I have narrowed down already. So the rest I just need to know which plug on a 98 wiring harness do those 4 or 5 switched things go for. I have the diagrams and if someone knows which pin on which connectors for the C plugs that I need to use for those 4 hookups that is what I really need to know. Hooking them up to the labeled fuse box is no problem I just want to get the right wires matched up to the fuse box so proper the proper amperage fuses are used.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

http://www.lt1swap.com/ls1_wiring_ha...connectors.htm
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make a simple tester. All you need is a way to check continuity. In a pinch I have used 2 AA Batteries with an LED from radio shack to chase a wiring issue in the parking lot.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

9v Battery and a Test Light...I've used that before if I didn't have my Multimeter.

Quick Reply: In need of wiring help!!!!!