Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6-v8 fuel pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y87bird00
I don't like the way the walbro doesn't use the bucket. I'd rather use the Delphi one with the bucket design. I guess I should just find v8 lines.

Don't use the vette regulator and the Delphi fuel bucket at the same time....simply add a T like I did in the above pic. The Delphi "magically" regulates the fuel...sends what's left over back into the bucket...and the correct pressure down your "V6" fuel rail.

If you don't have a short fuel line to "T" the fuel feed back into the bucket...go to napa or another parts store....be sure to tell them it's for ~60psi fuel pressure.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reedld
Don't use the vette regulator and the Delphi fuel bucket at the same time....simply add a T like I did in the above pic. The Delphi "magically" regulates the fuel...sends what's left over back into the bucket...and the correct pressure down your "V6" fuel rail.

If you don't have a short fuel line to "T" the fuel feed back into the bucket...go to napa or another parts store....be sure to tell them it's for ~60psi fuel pressure.
How much did all that cost? I'm not good with fittings, and AN fittings look expensive.

Does anybody have ideas on where to buy stock fuel lines? I can't find a part out local, and shipping would be outrageous.

Last edited by Y87bird00; 07-25-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y87bird00
How much did all that cost? I'm not good with fittings, and AN fittings look expensive.

Does anybody have ideas on where to buy stock fuel lines? I can't find a part out local, and shipping would be outrageous.
I used -6AN fittings and one line from summit racing..I believe they are summit brand or russel racing. All of the lines and fittings are cheap( under $50 shipped). My local car quest could get them..but I ordered from summit. My local car quest did make me up the black high pressure fuel line in my picture ( link from nastyz28.com). Post up or pm a pic of your setup... I'll help you pick the right components.

Leon
Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've got this figured out. I bought a T from napa with nessecary fittings, as well as a flaring tool. I just cut a section out if the feed line, flared it and added the T. They I cut the return and added it to the T. So now I have a v8 setup!

Now I need to do the trap door method to remove the pump and fix the hose. I just had my 3" exhaust welded up so I can't drop the tank anymore.
Attached Thumbnails V6-v8 fuel pump problems-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: V6-v8 fuel pump problems