Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 1st-gen/Nova swap parts info

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddoky
I'm not anticipating any delays beyond what's typical as I already have the design geometry worked out in my head and just need to spill it out into the CAD model. The real time constraint on the release is the tooling build time requirements of the supplier and that usually takes 30-45 days to get that ironed out so they are able to produce the design per our print specifications.
Understandable, thanks again for the work you do for our platforms!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackHD
Understandable, thanks again for the work you do for our platforms!
No problem, I wish I could afford a 1st-gen for myself...throwing parts at my 79' Chevy truck is more suitable to the level of discretionary income I have to play with.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what is the status on the exhaust system?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sebtarta
So what is the status on the exhaust system?
I'd have to guess the release date to be somewhere in the 30-35 day range based on Holley's process/manufacturing requirements. I have all the design and tooling completed as well as the sourcing of the proprietary rear hangers that were created just for these systems so that you guys don't have to do any welding to install them. Since that is all done, we are in the midst of the documentation phase to enter them into our system, which will generate the initial order and get them on the production schedule. All the fun is done and the paperwork drudgery is in full swing.

Todd
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Todd, any ideas if or how these exhaust kits will work with MiniTubbed cars, 4 links etc?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
Todd, any ideas if or how these exhaust kits will work with MiniTubbed cars, 4 links etc?
Since there are so many various rear suspension set-ups available for the
1st-gen F-body cars there was no way to arrive at any sort of universal bend geometry that would accommodate them. Given that fact, you may have to modify the overaxle pipe assemblies as-needed to fit any particular brand of aftermarket rear suspension. One thing is for certain however, and that is that the inclusion of an X-pipe crossover in these systems means they will not be installable with any of the torque arm style suspensions on the market...it's always something isn't it. The tire size accommodation was taken out as far as it could go when using a stock size fuel tank, but that may not be enough clearance for a particular tire size you are targeting, which may also cause the need for modification to the overaxle pipe assemblies for proper clearance.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i figured that. Maybe you should offer a full kit, and then just an x pipe kit. Let the user fabricate from the x back if they have circumstances like me, mini tub and 4 link.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Todd, thank you for the update. I am still light years away from getting the exhaust, but just curious.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea if the new stainless 1 7/8" headers for the First Gen Camaros fit any of the aftermarket subframes? (AME, Scott Mock or Speedtech)

Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dave95Formula
Any idea if the new stainless 1 7/8" headers for the First Gen Camaros fit any of the aftermarket subframes? (AME, Scott Mock or Speedtech)

Thanks,

Dave
Someone actually reported on our facebook page yesterday that they fit on his 1st-gen subframe from Chris Alston's Chassisworks. I suspect that they will fit others as well, but have no way of knowing which ones.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Todd please put the beer down and give me the part # for the exhaust system!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Todd please put the beer down and give me the part # for the exhaust system!
I just finished my 6th bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and now I've fallen down and can't get up...just kidding, I never drink more than 5 in a session.
As you asked Sebtarta, the 2.5" Hooker 3rd-gen Nova exhaust system is part number 42505HKR and the 3" system is part number 42507HKR. The 3" systems hit the shelf today and the 2.5" versions have an on the shelf date of 4/18, which makes that next week.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

I just finished my 6th bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and now I've fallen down and can't get up...just kidding, I never drink more than 5 in a session.
As you asked Sebtarta, the 2.5" Hooker 3rd-gen Nova exhaust system is part number 42505HKR and the 3" system is part number 42507HKR. The 3" systems hit the shelf today and the 2.5" versions have an on the shelf date of 4/18, which makes that next week.
Nice! Now let's get the that 4l80e crossmember done.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackHD
Nice! Now let's get the that 4l80e crossmember done.
I've already digitized the physical limit sample I created and It's coming up on the CAD model list...they get worked on in the order that they get placed on the list. We'll get there.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
Yeah i figured that. Maybe you should offer a full kit, and then just an x pipe kit. Let the user fabricate from the x back if they have circumstances like me, mini tub and 4 link.

Any chance of this happening??? I also would like to get the system to the x pipe then worry about getting it to the back of the car. thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by paulk68
Any chance of this happening??? I also would like to get the system to the x pipe then worry about getting it to the back of the car. thanks
I have good news to report on this topic...we decided just yesterday that we are going to package and offer "turn-down" systems, which will include everything in the regular kits to the back of the mufflers and a set of turn-down tips. These systems will be perfect for someone like yourself that wants to use it as a base for fabricating a custom exhaust system to fit around your aftermarket rear suspension system. It will take at least 30-45 days to make this come together as we have to create the Bills of Material for each kit and get them entered into our system before we can produce them.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Launching!

I have good news to report on this topic...we decided just yesterday that we are going to package and offer "turn-down" systems, which will include everything in the regular kits to the back of the mufflers and a set of turn-down tips. These systems will be perfect for someone like yourself that wants to use it as a base for fabricating a custom exhaust system to fit around your aftermarket rear suspension system. It will take at least 30-45 days to make this come together as we have to create the Bills of Material for each kit and get them entered into our system before we can produce them.

You better make that BM happen in 15 days! This is perfect for me and many others as mentioned.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

You better make that BM happen in 15 days! This is perfect for me and many others as mentioned.
We've received so many inquiries regarding the compatibility of the systems with various rear end systems/components that we feel compelled to release these to satisfy apparent need for them. I'm off to Atlanta for the rest of the week for some software training and will update you on the status of these kits as I get more info about release dates.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Teching In

That sounds great looking forward to updates
Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone who has used these parts and installed the T56 show a picture of where the shifter stub comes out in relation to the original hole? I'm trying to get a feel for how much will need to be trimmed and how/if my original console will still fit.

Thanks, Tim

Quick Reply: New Hooker 1st-gen/Nova swap parts info