Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STAND ALONE HARNESS - should I cut off connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by _blake
I'm starting to think this harness is hacked up... some stuff is missing. The dash connectors are missing, the fuse panel too.

Came from a 2000 Z28, complete engine + T56 + PCM and Harness.
Do you actually have wires that have no connectors on them? Just wires that go to nothing? If so, then they must have cut the connectors off. Otherwise, you will have connectors that originally plugged into the under hood fuse boxes and another connector that plugged into the harness that goes to the inside of the car, dash aldl ect. If you're using lt1swap, the wires in the yellow highlight are the ones to remove, take them out of the PCM connector and remove the whole wire from the harness. Pics of your problem would help, but so would telling us what pin number/wires they are.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should try calling Brendan at LT1swap. his number is on the website. After 5PM but before 9 on weekdays since he has kids and stays pretty busy with local work. If you have any questions as to what all you have, he can answer them for certain. Have your harness IN YOUR HANDS and be ready to answer some questions once he is on the phone.

Before calling him, double check your harness pin out to his information on the web site.
I followed his information EXACTLY and I never had an issue with my harness. He even did my ecu re-flash and it worked flawlessly, except when I ran out of gas!! LOL
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for your input everyone!!!
I've come to the conclusion that this harness is hacked up... Some of the connectors are missing and there are a lot of cut wires...

I ended up de-pinning the whole thing and will run each wire by hand. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOME OF THE PINS ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE OF THE BLUE PCM CONNECTORS.... so I didn't bother labeling all of the wires in the PCM connectors. I will keep you posted...

I will most likely need some help.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

I got this fuse box from CPW

Old 01-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

the pins that you see needlessly run from 1 PCM connector to the other (red 2 blue)????

Cut the commons and separated everything. this is what LSX spaghetti looks like.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

I might be using parts from my old harness to complete this one

Last edited by _blake; 01-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Here is the engine in question... The next few steps are as follows
- plug in the required connectors
- route wires as needed (using tape and zip ties)
- figure out where all the pins go on the PCM connectors (Hard part)

- lengthen harness as needed.

Please let me know if I am leaving anything out

Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Only late 2000 / early 2001 and 2002 F-Body engines didn't have EGR. My ex had a 2000 Z-28 with EGR, I have an 02 WS6 without. Y-Body cars never had EGR. LS6 coolant tubes don't mean anything depending on year the engine came from and what was available in the parts bin that day. I've seen cars and trucks with only front steam tubes connected LS6 style with block offs in the rear - again, varies by year, application and other factors that probably aren't known or weren't documented.

Many wires may be deleted from the PCM side but go to a connector that has multiple wires that may stay. Without seeing and honestly being there, it's difficult to say. Engine speed, tach output, OBD2 port, clutch and brake input, check engine and others may be this way and continue through the firewall to the dash even though one or more of their mates on the same plug get eliminated. The best thing to do in that case is trace back any wire you don't know and see what it says on the schematic or pinout.
This engine should have had (and did have) an LS6 intake. Looks like they sold the engine but swapped the intake before getting it over to me... Why else would it have an LS1 intake with LS6 coolant tubes?? They also seem to have swapped the harness as well, I am not sure that the PCM matches up.

Ended up using this EGR block off plate

Old 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No offense intended, but if it were me, I would have taken pictures of everything including the serial number of the engine computer if easily accessible.

Some folks just like trying to pull a fast one on people and dont realize that one day it will come back to bite them in the *** and hard.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigEd_72455
No offense intended, but if it were me, I would have taken pictures of everything including the serial number of the engine computer if easily accessible.

Some folks just like trying to pull a fast one on people and dont realize that one day it will come back to bite them in the *** and hard.
yea, live and learn... I will next time... but now I'm ***** deep in this wiring project. It's not really that big of a deal. I got the whole package for $2400 LS1/T56/PCM/Harness, can't be too mad for the price.

If I cannot make it work, I'll save up and dish out the $500 for the PSI harness.

Quick Reply: STAND ALONE HARNESS - should I cut off connectors?