Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker/Holley 1st-gen parts compatibility with Ridetech TruTurn

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddoky
I guess we'll all have to hurry up and wait.
Lol. I've never been accused of being impatient Todd.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Stovebolter
Lol. I've never been accused of being impatient Todd.
I know how we all get when it comes to our toys...I have to have the stuff I buy "now" as well.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the ridetech site they have listed that the 48 hour camaro is using the Holley oil pan and engine mounts along with long tube headers. You know this car is using the tru turn system since it's their product. Does anyone know if the had any issues or modified the pan to fit using the tru turn system?

EDIT: I just seen on protouring.com they used the older 302-1 oil pan.

Last edited by 99 Blue Bird; 02-05-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Does the stock widage tray from the ls motors fit in the Holley oil pans with the supplied baffle that comes with the Holley pans?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99 Blue Bird
On the ridetech site they have listed that the 48 hour camaro is using the Holley oil pan and engine mounts along with long tube headers. You know this car is using the tru turn system since it's their product. Does anyone know if the had any issues or modified the pan to fit using the tru turn system?

EDIT: I just seen on protouring.com they used the older 302-1 oil pan.
They used the 302-1 pan, the older Hooker engine swap plates and the older Hooker long tube headers. Although all that stuff obviously installs in the car, they do not provide the optimized fitment and performance geometry that the new Hooker system of parts do.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
This picture right here has me envisioning a Holley MidRam Intake...

I was thinking high ram. Think it would fit under the stock hood?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I've read it is just a bit too tall to make it, but I'm not sure if you trim bracing under the hood.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Okay, sorry to re-hash here, but I've read so much on this crap I'm totally confused. So if I have all the Holley / Hooker parts (302-2 and long tubes) and want to run the Tru Turn system... what's the final word? It does or doesn't actually hit the pan? And, it sounds like I need Todd to modify my headers as well?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 67ssdan
Okay, sorry to re-hash here, but I've read so much on this crap I'm totally confused. So if I have all the Holley / Hooker parts l(302-2 and long tubes) and want to run the Tru Turn system... what's the final word? It does or doesn't actually hit the pan? And, it sounds like I need Todd to modify my headers as well?
Both the Holley 302-2 pan and the passenger side Hooker header will require modifications to be able to use them with the Tru-turn system. I'm no longer doing the header mod as I was before, but the same mod can be done by any competent fabricator; it's only one tube that needs to be modified.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

It been awhile but I wanted to stop and take the time to brag on this system. I personally didn't have to modify anything except the passenger side header. I used the 5.8" idler and pitman arm as cwylie suggested early in this thread and the adapter clears the pan perfectly. This system clears perfectly and the fit and form are great.

The motor isn't running just yet but because of how well everything else has gone I decided to stick with Holley and put their HP EFI system in as well when the time comes. Thanks Todd for your time here and everyone else for their pointers and input.

David
Attached Thumbnails New Hooker/Holley 1st-gen parts compatibility with Ridetech TruTurn-image.jpg  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Banned

It been awhile but I wanted to stop and take the time to brag on this system. I personally didn't have to modify anything except the passenger side header. I used the 5.8" idler and pitman arm as cwylie suggested early in this thread and the adapter clears the pan perfectly. This system clears perfectly and the fit and form are great.

The motor isn't running just yet but because of how well everything else has gone I decided to stick with Holley and put their HP EFI system in as well when the time comes. Thanks Todd for your time here and everyone else for their pointers and input.

David
Thanks for taking the time to report back on your positive experience with the Hooker/Holley 1st-gen set-up David...I see by the pic you posted that the 600 series power steering box is also compatible with the Hooker components. I learn something new every day.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Thanks for taking the time to report back on your positive experience with the Hooker/Holley 1st-gen set-up David...I see by the pic you posted that the 600 series power steering box is also compatible with the Hooker components. I learn something new every day.
Yes, the IROC box Mr. Lee made me is perfectly compatible.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Default Muscle bar and pwr steering pulley clearance

Anyone running the muscle bar too? I have the holley front drive and the balancer pulley hits the muscle bar. Also corvette pulley holley reccomends is very close to LHUCA with 3/16 shims any suggestions?

Last edited by Dannickerson; 03-25-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 03-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dannickerson
Anyone running the muscle bar too? I have the holley front drive and the balancer pulley hits the muscle bar. Also corvette pulley holley reccomends is very close to LHUCA with 3/16 shims any suggestions?
I don't have any idea on the compatibility with the Muscle Bar, but Holley offers an optional smaller diameter pulley you can swap onto the PS pump for more clearance; you can find it in the LS swap section on the Holley website.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Reporting that clearances with the Holley system have been great. Car has been a blast to drive other than issues with the Ridetech system.

Anyone else notice how far back the wheels are in the wheel opening? I've checked and double checked caster and camber, I am running 9.5" wheels with 1/2" less back space because of the issues I've noticed others having with clearance to frame, 67 5.8" pitman/idler, Iroc box, and 1/16" toe in. I actually have two issues. First, tires rubbing the rear of the inner wheel house due to the tires being too far back in opening. Frame has been checked and is in spec. The second, at full lock either direction my wheels are hitting the Muscle bar. This car is almost unusable in parking lots. To pull into a parking spot I have to take two stabs at it.
Attached Thumbnails New Hooker/Holley 1st-gen parts compatibility with Ridetech TruTurn-image.jpeg  
Old 03-26-2016, 06:00 AM
9 Second Club

Can you not add some positive caster to help remedy the issue? Would help with straight line tracking as well.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned

Reporting that clearances with the Holley system have been great. Car has been a blast to drive other than issues with the Ridetech system.

Anyone else notice how far back the wheels are in the wheel opening? I've checked and double checked caster and camber, I am running 9.5" wheels with 1/2" less back space because of the issues I've noticed others having with clearance to frame, 67 5.8" pitman/idler, Iroc box, and 1/16" toe in. I actually have two issues. First, tires rubbing the rear of the inner wheel house due to the tires being too far back in opening. Frame has been checked and is in spec. The second, at full lock either direction my wheels are hitting the Muscle bar. This car is almost unusable in parking lots. To pull into a parking spot I have to take two stabs at it.
Yeah, that would bug the **** out of me and have to get fixed one way or another.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kingsize
Can you not add some positive caster to help remedy the issue? Would help with straight line tracking as well.
I'm already at +5. I really think I've got the wrong LCA. Not sure. I'll start a new thread in the right location. Lol. I had been awake 36 hours when I made this post. Sleep deprevation got the best of me. Lol.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm already at +5. I really think I've got the wrong LCA. Not sure. I'll start a new thread in the right location. Lol. I had been awake 36 hours when I made this post. Sleep deprevation got the best of me. Lol.
You're welcome to call me directly, I've got a list of questions that I'd like to ask you. I positive that I can help you pinpoint where all of your issues are coming from. 812-481-4734 is my direct line, I'm here from 8-6 eastern time. If you want to post your questions in a thread, I'll be happy to answer them there as well!

With there being a ton of of different options to use on the pan and the headers, we don't have a certain list that we recommend. There are several different ways that you could go. As far as a "definite will not work" with the TruTurn, the only thing that I know 100% are the Doug's headers and Hooker Super Comps (Super Comps issues were on a SBC/BBC). With the way that these are designed, they will definitely come into contact with the tie rods. Obviously, modifications could be made but that's never fun unless you're a fabricator, yourself!

I'm not positive if this has been posted here previously but here is a link to the parts lists/build thread from when we did our 48 Hour Camaro. It was using the Hooker 1 3/4" headers and a Holley pan as well.

http://www.ridetech.com/48hourcamaro/parts-list/

If anyone has any questions, feel free to get with me. I'm more than happy to help out!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RidetechJosh
You're welcome to call me directly, I've got a list of questions that I'd like to ask you. I positive that I can help you pinpoint where all of your issues are coming from. 812-481-4734 is my direct line, I'm here from 8-6 eastern time. If you want to post your questions in a thread, I'll be happy to answer them there as well!

With there being a ton of of different options to use on the pan and the headers, we don't have a certain list that we recommend. There are several different ways that you could go. As far as a "definite will not work" with the TruTurn, the only thing that I know 100% are the Doug's headers and Hooker Super Comps (Super Comps issues were on a SBC/BBC). With the way that these are designed, they will definitely come into contact with the tie rods. Obviously, modifications could be made but that's never fun unless you're a fabricator, yourself!

I'm not positive if this has been posted here previously but here is a link to the parts lists/build thread from when we did our 48 Hour Camaro. It was using the Hooker 1 3/4" headers and a Holley pan as well.

http://www.ridetech.com/48hourcamaro/parts-list/

If anyone has any questions, feel free to get with me. I'm more than happy to help out!
Hey Josh, just so you're aware , the Hooker 2288HKR long-tube headers that you are referring to are completely different than the newer long-tubes that were developed as part of the complete Hooker 1st-gen LS swap system. The new long-tubes are compatible with the Tru-Turn and are the ones Stovebolter has installed on his car.

Quick Reply: New Hooker/Holley 1st-gen parts compatibility with Ridetech TruTurn