Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C compressor wiring with later serial data PCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C compressor wiring with later serial data PCM

SO i know EFI live and HP tuners will change the a/c request from serial data to a straight 12v+ signal, but what pin do I use then to wire it up? I wouldn't think I could use the serial data line. ive got a 2003 ECU, so i go by the earlier diagrams for A/C request?

Mark
Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 2 different setups. One for the fixed compressor and one for a variable. If you are using the fixed use the wiring diagram for a truck/express van. This is wired with a pressure switch and cycles the compressor. If you are using a variable you need to wire it with a pressure sensor and wire it like a Camaro/Vette. Pinouts are different and there is a program setting for A/C type.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Ok, im using the old school R4 compressor on teh car so change it to 12v for the enable type and fixed for the compressor type, wire according to a 2003 van..sound right?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That will do it....
Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Just as a heads up we can make any blue green use the camaro/firebird hard wired a/c request and pressure switch. This is by far the best way to run your a/c.

Bill

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 05-22-2014, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I dont need the pressure switch, this most likely wont have electric fans, just a mech fan, and it's already got the factory cycling switch thats run the system for 32 years with no issues, even after the 134a upgrade, i still get sub 40 temps after a small initial adjustment of the switch. If I do add an electric fan ill look into the alternate wiring. Right now though I just wanted to have the PCM control the compressor via the cycling switch
Old 05-23-2014, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
Just as a heads up we can make any blue green use the camaro/firebird hard wired a/c request and pressure switch. This is by far the best way to run your a/c.

Bill
Which tuning software do you use to accomplish this? Also, which operating system are you running to achieve a 12v request and use the pressure sensor to operate ac and electric fans?

I have hptuners and I see with their new software update you can change the ac type. I haven't heard of any real world experience on whether or not you can make the 12v request work with the pressure sensor. The only calibration that I know of that uses a 12v request is the full size vans and they don't use the pressure sensor, they use a cycling switch.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Im curious about this as well. I have a GMPP E67 in my swap and am working on AC. It'd be a lot easier to have the PCM control the clutch than the system I have laid out.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Code:
I haven't heard of any real world experience on whether or not you can make the 12v request work with the pressure sensor.
I'm using a 04 GTO OS and a 802 PCM to run a pressure sensor and a variable compressor hooked to a vintage air on a 4th gen harness. The problem here is people look at one year wiring and/or vehicle and don't see the wiring and you say it cannot work. Think of it this way the newer PCM's are just updates of the 411. Wire it like a 411 and setup the OS for the A/C type along with the differences in the wiring and it will work.

Quick Reply: A/C compressor wiring with later serial data PCM