Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87 Foxbody, TeamZ Kmember 60e Clearance Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt62485
yea. i was fixin to say, i read this thread a few times and was trying to figure out how it related to anything besides the "e" transmissions. i dont see how they wouldve went from an older style design that seemed to work well, to one thats suddenly requiring extra fab work for motor mounts. i hope teamz addresses this issue. im going to need to contact them for sure. who would u recommend? AJE or upr?

ill search for the other thread. my plan is a glide or th400. i assumed id have to build a cross member anyways.
My understanding was the old design did not work as well as the new design. Take it with a grain of salt though because I don't have a Team Z setup. My critique is from positioning the LS1 in my Fox and building my own motor mounts, and then comparing my engine placement to SSSTANG#1s motor position from his Team Z posts. I ran into all the same problems of fitment relative to floorpan, firewall, k member and steering rack, but my MM k member is not really a "drop in" style swap k member, which is what the Team Z is supposed to be.

The only true drop is setup I have seen with my own eyes is the AJE, but then again, I'm not clairvoyant, so the may be others.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91foxbodygt
Does anyone know if the z k member will work with a ford c4 transmission?
Gray86hatch had a C4 in his build with a Team Z and custom motor mounts, you should find his build thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ang-build.html
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the old design my mounts put the engine in the same position as aje. The f body pan will not work in that location.

The new k member moves the engine up and back a little for the f body pan.

Tim

Quick Reply: 87 Foxbody, TeamZ Kmember 60e Clearance Issue