Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system preview

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Toddoky for everyone following this thread can you break down a general timeline of availability of these parts? I waited on hold for an hour yesterday with Holley's tech line only to be told that they wished these parts had never been advertised on the internet so soon and that they have no information on the parts, and no idea when they would make it into production. What are we to believe? Can you clarify and or peg a REAL timeline for those of us waiting on these parts to finish projects?
I purposely title all the Hooker LS swap threads as being a "preview" and not a product "release" for the reasons you've stated slvrsierra4.8. The initial info given is only a benefit to those in the planning stages of their swap or those that are willing to wait in order to take advantage of the characteristics and features found in the design of the components. For those wanting or needing to tackle an install in the next two to three weeks then these parts will not suit your requirement.

The guys in Holley Tech service are quite knowledgeable, but can only provide information that pertain to parts that are already released in our system, so you the only way you are going to get info on the products you see featured in these threads is by posting a question here or sending me a PM.

As to your specific questions, the engine brackets are already available as part number 12612HKR, the headers should start hitting the shelf in the next couple of weeks, the crossmember will be a minimum of 30 days until you see it become available and the exhaust systems will hit the shelf last in about 45 days. For those planning a springtime build this release schedule should work out great.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone is just a little antsy to get this stuff and it keeps getting pushed further back. The headers were said to come out in 1-2 weeks. 2 weeks has come and gone and now its another 1-2 weeks. I am willing to wait to get this product because it does seem very nice, but not everyone is okay with false hope.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 82streetshow
I think everyone is just a little antsy to get this stuff and it keeps getting pushed further back. The headers were said to come out in 1-2 weeks. 2 weeks has come and gone and now its another 1-2 weeks. I am willing to wait to get this product because it does seem very nice, but not everyone is okay with false hope.
I understand that some users will not be able to wait. The dates are fluid and given by the best of my ability to guess at what they will actually be. For example, I just tacked another week onto to header release due to the snow storm this past week, which killed our ability to push on this project. There hasn't been a swap product I've previewed yet that doesn't end up making it onto the shelf. a few end up being later than I expect, but they all make it. If something else out there works better for you due to the time factor then by all means use it.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read this thread a few times now. I really like what Holley is doing for these swaps.

When can we expect to have all the production part numbers so that we can start hitting up summit racing and other places to get the parts.

Do you ever see you offering ONE part number for the whole swap kit?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aggie91
I have read this thread a few times now. I really like what Holley is doing for these swaps.

When can we expect to have all the production part numbers so that we can start hitting up summit racing and other places to get the parts.

Do you ever see you offering ONE part number for the whole swap kit?
Greetings aggie91, we are formatting the product release now that we send out to all our resellers that contains the proper product metric information they need to be able to enter the parts into their systems. This process should be completed by the end of next week. Once the release goes out to the resellers I will follow-up here with a posting of all the various part numbers.

Creating a single part number is not feasible on our end due to all the variations available in the separate components, which is why we refer to each application as a swap "system" and not a swap "kit". Fortunately, our resellers have been proactive in bundling the parts together in combinations they feel will be popular with their customers...take a look at the Summit and Jeg's websites and look at how they are packaging/selling our 1st-gen F-body components as kits and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Greetings aggie91, we are formatting the product release now that we send out to all our resellers that contains the proper product metric information they need to be able to enter the parts into their systems. This process should be completed by the end of next week. Once the release goes out to the resellers I will follow-up here with a posting of all the various part numbers.

Creating a single part number is not feasible on our end due to all the variations available in the separate components, which is why we refer to each application as a swap "system" and not a swap "kit". Fortunately, our resellers have been proactive in bundling the parts together in combinations they feel will be popular with their customers...take a look at the Summit and Jeg's websites and look at how they are packaging/selling our 1st-gen F-body components as kits and you'll see what I mean.
That would be cool if they were out as soon as end of week. I got the motor mounts in they are nice and heavy duty, can't wait to see how the rest of the swap pieces shape up!
Old 03-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Launching!

do you happen to know what trans dipstick tube this truck is running and does it have an oil dipstick that I just don't see?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Teching In

^ x2!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

do you happen to know what trans dipstick tube this truck is running and does it have an oil dipstick that I just don't see?
The engine oil dipstick/tube is from an LS3 and the trans dipstick/tube is a universal 4L80 item purchased through Summit. The standard truck 4L80 dipstick installs fine also, but the owner of the truck didn't like how tall it was.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Launching!

The engine oil dipstick/tube is from an LS3 and the trans dipstick/tube is a universal 4L80 item purchased through Summit. The standard truck 4L80 dipstick installs fine also, but the owner of the truck didn't like how tall it was.
okay thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Welcome to the thread Big Swol. The total means by which you've used to lower your truck will determine how successfully you'll be able to use the new Hooker parts. Is your engine crossmember stock, or did you notch it to get your truck lower? If your drop is done solely through suspension parts and your engine crossmember is stock, then you'll get the same benefits from these parts as someone who's truck is not as low as yours.
i have bags and the rear has be notched .... i just brought a LS 5.3 tru (denali) motor and ready to get moving...... i love the headers and the tranny brace !!!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Teching In

That would be cool if they were out as soon as end of week. I got the motor mounts in they are nice and heavy duty, can't wait to see how the rest of the swap pieces shape up!
any pics of motor mounts ??? any clearance issues with the stock ac mout location ( bottom passenger side of motor? ????
Old 03-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Swol
any pics of motor mounts ??? any clearance issues with the stock ac mout location ( bottom passenger side of motor? ????
Here's a couple of pics of the engine brackets shown below (part number 12621HKR). You can run the later low-mount Denso truck A/C compressor, the one without the rear pressure sensor, if you are willing to notch the edge of the lower lip on the frame bracket that the clamshell mount attaches to. The Holley top-mount A/C brackets are also fully compatible with this set-up for those that want to go that route.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Swol
i have bags and the rear has be notched .... i just brought a LS 5.3 tru (denali) motor and ready to get moving...... i love the headers and the tranny brace !!!
Glad to hear that you like the system components, a lot of effort went into their design to ensure they provide an elevated swap experience and finished results for those who will be using them.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Launching!

any further info on the release of these parts?
Old 03-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned

any further info on the release of these parts?
Yes, the crossmembers are scheduled for delivery to our facility by the end of the month and I witnessed the first batch of productions bends come off of the bender for the 3" exhaust systems just the other day. I sent out an update request for the headers to our manufacturing facility just before I left work today, so I should see a reply Monday morning.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Launching!

okay thanks, keep us posted
Old 03-17-2015, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Whats the sale price on the headers and any eta?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by spitfire980
Whats the sale price on the headers and any eta?
The price will vary depending on what material, finish and tube size you're interested in. The first production run of headers is due to roll out this week, but I'm not sure what size/material/finish variant they will be.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Banned

I received confirmation this morning that the first versions of the headers out of the gate will be the 1-3/4" variants. They are in welding now and should be though the painting/coating process next week. The 1-7/8" headers are scheduled to be bent on the 27th of this month.

Quick Reply: New Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system preview