Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my jeep builds

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you run the suspension geometry through the link calculator? A suck-down winch is nice to have but shouldn't compensate for a properly engineered and built suspension. It sounds like the anti-squat number is not where it should be. Combine that with high HP is a formula for disaster
Old 10-02-2015, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

That's exactly what I was thinking. Something isn't right as far as the suspension geometry, and that something needs to be identified, addressed, and solved for this build to continue with any amount of safety.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
That's exactly what I was thinking. Something isn't right as far as the suspension geometry, and that something needs to be identified, addressed, and solved for this build to continue with any amount of safety.
The numbers looked ok in the calculator when guessing at final weight. Now that everything is on it I am going to recalculate and see what it says. The four link arms are set to the mid range so I have some room to play around. Someone else designed and built the motor. I think loose suspension with great traction and over 500hp on a short wheel base is going to be tricky to get to work well together. I would still like to see some more dampening dialed into the shocks as well but that will be after everything else is dialed as well as possible. Thanks for all the tips so far.

Quick Reply: my jeep builds