Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awd, lsx, t56 scratch build.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016 | 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I spoke to someone at DSS and they told me it'll be fine to make a 68" driveshaft to the front with cv joint to the transfercase and u joint at the front diff. Said it'd only be 2.25" diameter and have a critical speed of over 200mph, so it's perfect for what I need.

Torque is staying, wheelbase will be roughly 103-105". Reason for the torque tube is to push the tranny back to be able to mount my seat as low as possible and keep the seats as close together as possible. There is a certain look I'm going for with this car (lemans style like I said in post #1) ..I want a short hood and long rear. Supercar like. If not, then yes I would get rid of the torque tube and mount it traditionally.
Old 04-13-2016 | 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

10 degrees for a Rzeppa style CV is not a problem. Check out this pic of the Ken Block Mustang....(can't find it now...Google that ****...LOL)

Andrew
Old 04-14-2016 | 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

following this bad assness
Old 04-15-2016 | 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RecklessV
I spoke to someone at DSS and they told me it'll be fine to make a 68" driveshaft to the front with cv joint to the transfercase and u joint at the front diff. Said it'd only be 2.25" diameter and have a critical speed of over 200mph, so it's perfect for what I need.

Torque is staying, wheelbase will be roughly 103-105". Reason for the torque tube is to push the tranny back to be able to mount my seat as low as possible and keep the seats as close together as possible. There is a certain look I'm going for with this car (lemans style like I said in post #1) ..I want a short hood and long rear. Supercar like. If not, then yes I would get rid of the torque tube and mount it traditionally.
Remember they are trying to sell you something.

If you are trying to get your drivers seat as low as possible then you need to flip th transfer case the the passengers side.
Old 04-16-2016 | 05:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
10 degrees for a Rzeppa style CV is not a problem. Check out this pic of the Ken Block Mustang....(can't find it now...Google that ****...LOL)
Looking for this?

All the details and photos here.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/12/...r-build-story/

But what you want to see is this.

Angles with a CV shaft are no problem. Don't be afraid to get a CV and angle the **** out of it. Especially on the front shaft with the low torque numbers split going up that way.

The torque tube will also be helpful in this case in locating the shifter with that seating location. Headers are going to be the expensive trick on this project.
Old 04-17-2016 | 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rat_rod_russell
Looking for this?

All the details and photos here.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/12/...r-build-story/

But what you want to see is this.

Angles with a CV shaft are no problem. Don't be afraid to get a CV and angle the **** out of it. Especially on the front shaft with the low torque numbers split going up that way.

The torque tube will also be helpful in this case in locating the shifter with that seating location. Headers are going to be the expensive trick on this project.

Omg! U sir just made my day, I kept trying to find build pics of it and couldn't find any. Awesome! Looks like I'll be able to keep a 2 piece with that 10° incline to the front diff like how I originally wanted.

Headers will be no problem, turbos r going in front of the engine so headers will be facing forward, and now keeping the 2 piece shaft design, I'll be able to keep my seats even lower making more than enough leg room.

I just finished mounting the seat but looks like I'll be cutting all that off and redoing it lol. Hopefully next post will have some pics with a few updates, I've been slacking on it big time.

Also, from the look of the pics, it seems like he's using solid axle shaft for the rear driveshaft. I wonder if that would be a possibility? Would be nice to have a small diameter solid shaft to power the front wheels, keeping everything nice a tucked away.

Last edited by RecklessV; 04-17-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2020 | 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

been a few years... get this thing finished?
The following users liked this post:
AnnivSS (05-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Awd, lsx, t56 scratch build.