Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker Fox Body Mustang LS Swap System Preview Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Castleberry's Finest
I have scrolled most of this thread and it is amazing, thanks for all your hard work on these products. Can you provide a dimensioned drawing showing the crank centerline? I am using this system on my 78 Fairmont and want to know if my TBSS intake is going to fit or not. I saw that the truck intake fits under the stock mustang hood, but Fairmont.

One other note, I am using a factory V8/4cyl k member and ordered the mounts, which did not come with the pressed in wheel studs (I used Dorman 610-328.1 thanks to another post of yours) and the bolt holes for the long M14 bolt were too small. Can you pass that info along?
Thanks for posting. I haven’t been employed at Holley since January, so my ability to help is limited. The crankshaft centerline position is shared with that of the stock SB Ford engine; I don’t remember what the discrete amount offset to the passenger side is. The missing studs and incorrect hole size in the mounting brackets sound like a supplier issue that I normally would report, but no longer do.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, and good luck on your new venture.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:56 PM

Paging Toddoky

I know you have moved on from Holley, but I reached out to them and they were unable to provide me with information.

Early in the thread, you indicated that you were testing fitment with the UPR sbf k-member, but don’t seem to have posted results.

I’m trying to find out if the blackheart mount conversion brackets would allow for a CTS-V oil pan to clear that k-member, and if there is any change in mounting height relative to the factory position (like there is with the UPR modular k-member and related conversion plates).

Thank you
Old 01-15-2024, 03:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BaseModelCobra
Paging Toddoky

I know you have moved on from Holley, but I reached out to them and they were unable to provide me with information.

Early in the thread, you indicated that you were testing fitment with the UPR sbf k-member, but don’t seem to have posted results.

I’m trying to find out if the blackheart mount conversion brackets would allow for a CTS-V oil pan to clear that k-member, and if there is any change in mounting height relative to the factory position (like there is with the UPR modular k-member and related conversion plates).

Thank you
You're going to have problems....

Old 01-15-2024, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaseModelCobra
Paging Toddoky

Thank you
I don't know anything about the engine position geometry provided by UPR LS swap brackets with their K-member, or the fitment characteristics of the CTS-V oil pan. I can say without a doubt however that the engine mount stands on the UPR K-member caused the engine to sit 5/16" higher than on any other K-member I validated. I hope this information is useful to you.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 149 Posts

Todd, I see that you've got a new user name. Thank you for keeping an eye on LS1tech! You did so much engineering on the Holley LS swap components that I think there will be people who will be asking questions here and there for years to come. BTW, I finally got my LS376/480, Tremec T56 Magnum swapped 1991 Fox coupe on the road on 25 Nov 2023!
Old 01-15-2024, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Yes, toddonc is the new user name I've adopted for use on the few forums I still follow. I've relocated to North Carolina and am back working in the industry again, so with any luck I'll be able to support some other new products I develop here in the future. I'm Glad to hear that you got that final combination all sorted out, I bet it's a blast to drive.
The following users liked this post:
AAIIIC (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by toddonc
I don't know anything about the engine position geometry provided by UPR LS swap brackets with their K-member, or the fitment characteristics of the CTS-V oil pan. I can say without a doubt however that the engine mount stands on the UPR K-member caused the engine to sit 5/16" higher than on any other K-member I validated. I hope this information is useful to you.
I was actually asking about the Hooker brackets, as I’m looking to get away from the current 4.6 mount and adapter setup that is in place on my UPR sbf k-member. I’d like to use the Hooker bracket/f-body mount combo if things will clear.

You posted 5/16” raise measurement in regards to the 4.6 k-member, mounts, and Hooker adapter plates for that combo. Are you saying this was also true for the SBF k-member?

thanks
Old 01-15-2024, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by booboo37
You're going to have problems....

What were the specifics of this? I can’t really make out what they were using besides UPR swap mounts, but I’m asking about the Hooker bracket and f-body mount combo.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:00 AM
Teching In

My ability to provide detailed information is severely hampered by no longer having access to the development files I created for each application. I don't recall information specific to the UPR SB Ford K-member. I would have no way of validating whether the CTS-V pan would be compatible with the Hooker Blackheart engine mounting brackets as no attempt was made to check that during the development of the system.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by toddonc
My ability to provide detailed information is severely hampered by no longer having access to the development files I created for each application. I don't recall information specific to the UPR SB Ford K-member. I would have no way of validating whether the CTS-V pan would be compatible with the Hooker Blackheart engine mounting brackets as no attempt was made to check that during the development of the system.
Fair enough, thank you anyway. As I said, I reached out to Holley, but received no info beyond “these are intended for stock and Maximum Motorsports k-members” lol.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I would check here. Does anyone have a set of these fox body headers that they would be willing to part with?!

thanks,mark
Old 06-06-2024, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Well I'm still here and still wrapping up my swap (bought a farm, got married and had a kid) so my projects been on hold.

spotted these on the Holley website for $200!! if you do have the specific black heart headers, you can get a very cheap 304 stainless exhaust
Old 06-07-2024, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Buryingthesun

Well I'm still here and still wrapping up my swap (bought a farm, got married and had a kid) so my projects been on hold.

spotted these on the Holley website for $200!! if you do have the specific black heart headers, you can get a very cheap 304 stainless exhaust

well it turns out I'm an idiot, I ordered the 94-04 exhaust (705013138RHKR) because the correct exhaust for my 1990 (705013143RHKR) is no longer available 🤮😭

reading is fundamental folks, I learned that at 6am today

Old 06-07-2024, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

I looked at your picture and the first thing I thought was, "this exhaust system looks different from mine." That's a real bummer that you ordered the wrong one.
The following users liked this post:
Buryingthesun (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dannyual777
I looked at your picture and the first thing I thought was, "this exhaust system looks different from mine." That's a real bummer that you ordered the wrong one.
I mean ultimately I was going to have to make one since the correct exhaust is no longer available. Still for $200 you can't buy the material to build one so I'm still on the up and up even if I'm crying inside 🤣
Old 06-07-2024, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

You're right about that. The clearance prices were so cheap! I remember seeing the correct Fox Body exhaust like the one that I have and I think that it was $299 when it was still in stock. Less than half of the full price that I paid.

Quick Reply: New Hooker Fox Body Mustang LS Swap System Preview Thread