Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with set up 1967 with ls1

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017 | 11:20 PM
Teching In

Default Need help with set up 1967 with ls1

hey guys
new to lstech but I've been building my ls1 swap for some time and looking to get another 100hp with heads and intake. I have the torquer v4 from TS. 42 lbs injectors. And a nitrous zex kit 100 shot. (But can't get nitrous for now, but will be running 100 shot) anyone have a good idea for heads intake MAF ect.??? I've heard ls3 intake and heads with some porting may help. Let me know what you come up with .
Old 07-28-2017 | 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nzapatero
hey guys
I've heard ls3 intake and heads with some porting may help. Let me know what you come up with .
LS3 and LS7 intakes and heads will not fit on the LS1. That's apparently a big no-no. The cheapest options that still perform very very well are TEA (or similar company) 243/799 casting heads. The LS6 intake's flow numbers do come really close in comparison to the aftermarket intakes and it's about 1/3 the price. There s plenty of this information on this website, I recommend only asking questions that you can't find the answer to with the 'Search' function. I've seen a lot of guys on this site get hammered for it.
Old 08-07-2017 | 03:09 AM
Teching In

Hi Nzapaterio, i got a 68 Camaro, which engine/trans mounts and oil pan did you use for the swap?
Old 11-30-2017 | 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

I did the Detroit speed motor mounts, dynatec headers and the holley oil pan ... worked out good just the holley is really close to the crossmember so I may be going to the mast motor sport pan soon
Old 11-30-2017 | 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

I spoken with mast Motorsport yesterday and the tec there has that pan in his 67 ls3416 and says it for great and his car was one of the cars used to develop the pan(stock subframe)
Old 12-08-2017 | 03:43 PM
Teching In

Hey
i did this swap years go so the parts were very expensive I had my oil pans fins cut off and shortened and re-welded it was the cheapest way to got for me at the time. I also fabricated some plates to relocate the motor mounts and tranny mounts. I used some 1/4 steel. Then set them on some 67 camaro polyurethane mounts. They have kits on summit, eBay and a bunch of sites now days. I wish I would have waited hahah

Originally Posted by JoeydbCamaro
Hi Nzapaterio, i got a 68 Camaro, which engine/trans mounts and oil pan did you use for the swap?
Old 12-08-2017 | 03:43 PM
Teching In

Hey
i did this swap years go so the parts were very expensive I had my oil pans fins cut off and shortened and re-welded it was the cheapest way to got for me at the time. I also fabricated some plates to relocate the motor mounts and tranny mounts. I used some 1/4 steel. Then set them on some 67 camaro polyurethane mounts. They have kits on summit, eBay and a bunch of sites now days. I wish I would have waited hahah

Originally Posted by JoeydbCamaro
Old 02-28-2018 | 08:17 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks for the info I ended up going ls3 and scrapped the ls1 idea!!

Quick Reply: Need help with set up 1967 with ls1