Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls swap new edge

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls swap new edge

So guys after a long debate and geting bashed by every ford guy i know i have decided to ls swap my 2001 mustang bullitt. Yea im ******* nuts for ls swapping a numbered car but it is what it is. So ive read tons of threads on information on this swap and the only thing i really have huge amounts of concern into it putting the t56 in and converting it to hydraulic clutch and some what about how to wire it up and what computer etc to use. Please dont bash me just looking for info and some advice. Any knowledge would be great guys. Thanks so much
Old 05-04-2018, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

No hate here I did this one for my wife it's a true street car has heat soon to be air conditioning radio stock fuel tank completely wire tucked the new harness it's a 2001 aje kmember coilovers up front subframe connectors adjustable upper and lower rear controls 6.0 twin borg Warner s366 turbos air to air front mount as many stock pieces as possible like radiator rear end axles seats carpet I made my own gauge cluster etc.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Old 05-04-2018, 10:25 PM

Just curious what computer did you use? And are you running a t56?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the club, I am going through a Lq4/T56 swap right now. Checkout my thread and ask away!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

I used the mustang body control module for the lights and the ls pcm mounted under the passenger seat for all the engine functions and obd2 port I left the stock obd2 port in place to see what it says when I plug it up maybe I can trick it into passing inspection lol not really but would be nice
Old 05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL No bashing here....... tons of New Edge swaps showing up lately, very happy to see!!! T-56 is common, but I'd imagine standard any PCM will work as long as you get one that matches the DBW/DBC and 24x/58x reluctor wheel you currently have. I didn't use any OEM mustang modules, I removed them all and bypassed them.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I went through the harness on mine and removed a bunch of things. It's kind of handy to keep the GEM (near the driver's left leg) for central locking, power accessories, miscellaneous lights, etc., unless you are building a race car. If you're removing the stock PCM, you can also get away with removing the CCRM (passenger's side front fender) unless you have any high amperage accessories that go through there. I was able to remove the entire chunk of the wiring harness that goes to the front right fender, except for the wire that goes to the turn signal. All of the factory wiring can come out.

I wound up going with an Intellitronix digital gauge set (they've got one that is a direct fit for an SN95) for instruments because I didn't want to keep the stock PCM just to run the factory gauges; there's probably a better way to do this, though.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

So I can't help with the specifics of a new edge or t56 swap, but I'll say you are in friendly territory with your swap. I swapped an LTD LX, which while not officially numbered, Furd only made a couple thousand and have a very strong little following (they can get very mad over at 4eyedpride, and that is with just normal LTDs, not even LX's). I run Megasquirt and a 4l80, and didn't have to worry much about the factory electronics since it was simple enough to keep them on an 80's car, no extra modules to worry about.

In a previous life I took a numbered Mitsu Galant VR4 (only made 3000) and changed everything about it for drag racing purposes.

Cool swap!