Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New harness option for swaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Default New harness option for swaps

I came across this youtube channel while looking around at different swaps. It seems that he got an ls swap harness from china. It looks to be of pretty decent quality and the price is around $250. I figured Ii would spread the word and see if anyone else had any experience with these harnesses. I'm always looking to save a little $$ here and there. I am not affiliated with this company or channel in any way. Just something I came across.

Here is the youtube unboxing video:

And here is a link to the harness:
www.not-a-sponsor.com
Old 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

I ordered some from a different seller...sent 'em back

it was like hardware store wire and the worst terminations ive ever seen.

my money is still on reworked factory stuff or new. TXL wire and proper crimps make a huge difference in longevity

but order one up and give us some close ups of the wire, pins and plugs
Old 04-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stay away from the China stuff. Depending on your build, I might have a clean setup for you
Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I sent them an inquiry asking what brand wire and connectors they use. In the video, the reviewer mentioned that the connectors were branded Delphi. We will see
Old 04-11-2019, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I heard back from the seller. They use Delphi connectors and 105 c heat resistant wire. Just figured I'd update
Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

edit: NM found it www.not-a-sponsor.com

minimum order of 2 though

Last edited by mmm88ta; 04-12-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 467 Likes on 351 Posts

Coming from China - being 'branded Delphi" and actually being Delphi are often two completely different things.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Yount
Coming from China - being 'branded Delphi" and actually being Delphi are often two completely different things.
China isnt capable of molding the letters 'Delphi' in plastic are they????
Old 04-12-2019, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Not yet. But that "technology" is right around the corner. LOL
Old 04-12-2019, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mmm88ta
edit: NM found it www.not-a-sponsor.com

minimum order of 2 though
It says that but they also said you can just order one. Not sure why they put that on there.

I get the apprehension, but not everything made in China is crap. Most rifle scopes are made in China and that is a complex, intricate item. However, there is a ton of crap coming out of China.

I don't know, maybe I'll be the guinea pig for you all haha that being said, thanks for all the feedback and advice!

Last edited by Novapat67; 04-12-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

absolutely agree. they will make whatever quality a customer is willing to pay for. wasn't trying to demean chinese labor at all.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I only buy china stuff that wont cost me more if it fails. The extra cost of a tow and replacing a harness is not worth it to me.
Learned that from Chinese line wrenches and ruining a brake line.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Novapat67
I don't know, maybe I'll be the guinea pig for you all haha that being said, thanks for all the feedback and advice!
Better you than me... In my eyes, anyone who intentionally buys anything from China is a f**king IDIOT. As I write this, I have my "little furry buddy" on my lap. Several years ago, I had to spend over $1000 to save his life after unknowingly feeding him tainted pet food from China. Take a quick look at this infographic & tell me whether you'd want to feed your pet - who has NO SAY in what he/she eats, & TOTALLY depends on YOU to keep him/her safe - anything from those amoral <expletive deleted>s... More info here.

Yeah, I know, I'm being pretty emphatic about this - but I've really started paying attention to China after that happened, & what I've seen in the years since has convinced me that the Chinese are utterly amoral, & interested ONLY In accumulating power & wealth.

If you buy a Chinese harness, you deserve what you get...
Old 04-13-2019, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheese Weasel
Better you than me... In my eyes, anyone who intentionally buys anything from China is a f**king IDIOT. As I write this, I have my "little furry buddy" on my lap. Several years ago, I had to spend over $1000 to save his life after unknowingly feeding him tainted pet food from China. Take a quick look at this infographic & tell me whether you'd want to feed your pet - who has NO SAY in what he/she eats, & TOTALLY depends on YOU to keep him/her safe - anything from those amoral <expletive deleted>s... More info here.
Yeah, I know, I'm being pretty emphatic about this - but I've really started paying attention to China after that happened, & what I've seen in the years since has convinced me that the Chinese are utterly amoral, & interested ONLY In accumulating power & wealth.

Who is the idiot?
Are you telling me you don’t have a INTENTIONALLY bought tv in your house that you stare at everyday with your three tooth grin that was definitely made in China and marveling that you only paid $99 dollars for it at Walmart? While you are at it tell me what country is not ONLY interested in accumulating power & wealth? Certainly America is and should be, take a good look around your house and keep your smiley furry buddy with you and see how many things you bought from China so you could save money. Is that not trying to accumulate wealth? A lot of people are too lazy and want everything handed to us by the govt. we want to work on the G.M. assy. line and make $30 an hour to put a screw in a dashboard along with full benefits and retirement, and we wonder why the Chinese and many other countries are laughing at idiots like you.

Truckdoug said it correctly both Chinese & Americans will make items to the quality you are willing to pay for. I don’t know how many times I’ve bought items for my swaps both American and Chinese made that were complete crap, the difference is I know what I’m PAYING and where I’m buying it from thus my expectation level is in line with what I paid for it. I will say I have bought as many American made swap products that were advertised as bolt in or correct for my application and ended up working only after I beat, grinded or welded on to make it fit, this forum alone is full of threads of people saying their parts didn’t fit or work as advertised.

Last edited by lizeec; 04-13-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Just put a popcorn bag in the microwave....
Old 04-13-2019, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

If you work on newer cars you wouldn't believe the amount of made China parts that are on them.

Last edited by LLLosingit; 04-13-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cheese Weasel

Tell me how you really feel 😳
Old 04-13-2019, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Chinese product, good and bad, is everywhere. Eyes open - it's easy to see.

The irony (loose) is that GM's future success is inextricably linked to China - product and sales. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/...electric-cars/
Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Yount
Chinese product, good and bad, is everywhere. Eyes open - it's easy to see.

The irony (loose) is that GM's future success is inextricably linked to China - product and sales. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/...electric-cars/
The sad part is even if a product doesn't have a made on china sticker on it doesn't mean that part wasn't made without some influence, A starter may say made in the USA or any other country but that might only mean it was assembled here or some other country with chinese parts. Even something like a castings or billet steel/aluminum may have been produced in china and machined to a final product in another country.
What many people fail to understand is that we are tied to China in a way that keeps both countries from wanting to start any kind of conflict, As much as people hate it both countries need each other to keep manufacturing going.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^^^
Good points you would be amazed at what can qualify for the little “made in the USA” sticker applied to products, the loopholes are endless, can you spell American? Yup! It then qualifies for the “made in the USA” sticker. More information on that in the Federal Trade Commission website