Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls6 in 84 Corvette..swap 98% finished

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls6 in 84 Corvette..swap 98% finished

All I have left to do is install a windshield wiper motor. The original 84 doesn’t fit anymore. I’ve heard other gm wiper motors might work. Anyone know what would work?

please don’t say rainx
Old 09-03-2019, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Have you checked Corvette forums? I'm sure there are a lot of LS swaps into those by now.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Not nearly as many as you'd think. I remember the wiper motor being an issue but I forget the resolution.

This guy fit his:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pic-heavy.html
Old 09-04-2019, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately, it looks the like pics are no longer hosted but it seems that this guy successfully modified a motor from a 1985 Chevy Blazer.

I'm assuming from an S10???
Old 09-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Have you checked Corvette forums? I'm sure there are a lot of LS swaps into those by now.
Unfortunately no lol. The C4 section over there is absolutely terrible. I post there from time to time.
They all think LS swaps cost 10 to 20 grand and that its not worth it, but building a $10,000 383 that makes 450 horsepower is the way to go.
Then talk about their cars are incredibly fast already and the original engines are too good to swap out or it will ruin the vette, and then go on to say that you can't modify the stock L98 because it can't handle over 5000 RPM and the stock block will explode before it gets to 400 horsepower, or ENDLESS posts about optispark issues.

They're in such denial over their cars that when the C8 was announced, topics started popping up to point out ways that the C4 was better than the C8, or what mods they were going to do to their C4 in order to beat a C8 to make sure everyone knows that front engine is the only way to go. I even started seeing posts pop up about how everyone who sees their car thinks they are rich or tries to street race them.

WHEW. Been wanting to do that for a while. RANT OVER.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

OP, here is a stock 89 wiper motor with a 4.8 and a truck intake and truck rails. Engine is on ICT swap plates with the engine sitting one notch in front of full rear. It clears fine.

Passenger side head clears just enough that I can drop some wiring and loom between the head and firewalls.

Sorry about the crappy pics. Just happened to be standing next to the car when I seen this.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Unfortunately no lol. The C4 section over there is absolutely terrible. I post there from time to time.
They all think LS swaps cost 10 to 20 grand and that its not worth it, but building a $10,000 383 that makes 450 horsepower is the way to go.
Then talk about their cars are incredibly fast already and the original engines are too good to swap out or it will ruin the vette, and then go on to say that you can't modify the stock L98 because it can't handle over 5000 RPM and the stock block will explode before it gets to 400 horsepower, or ENDLESS posts about optispark issues.

They're in such denial over their cars that when the C8 was announced, topics started popping up to point out ways that the C4 was better than the C8, or what mods they were going to do to their C4 in order to beat a C8 to make sure everyone knows that front engine is the only way to go. I even started seeing posts pop up about how everyone who sees their car thinks they are rich or tries to street race them.

Rant well founded. My take on the C4- Looks good, handles better than C3 and previous, but not as well as later Vettes. Engine and tranny need replacing with anything later. So there.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova

LOL, I hear you. I've combed the site to see what I could find. Its funny, C4s with an LS motor seems like such an obvious improvement, but there's so little out there. Swap headers are few and far between, and when Melrose sells out of their stock, it can be a year to get more built. The transmission/C-beam is an obvious hurdle for some, but I think C4 Corvette people are just in their own world and want to cruise around with their L98s. I love the looks and size of the car. Visibility is so good, and my golf clubs clear the back hatch fine. I have a 1992 BAM (Bright Aqua Metallic) that was going to get my LS2, but thats now going into my Valiant.

Quick Reply: Ls6 in 84 Corvette..swap 98% finished